FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)

Page Registration:

For Sale/Wanted Ads:

Passwords and Page Features:

Photos Use:

Advertising:
  • Still working out the details!

Contacting Us, Donations, etc...:

Do I need a screen name to post messages or ads?
No, you don’t need to create a user account and you don’t need to login to use any of the free services of this page.  Registration does have some benefit though... read "Why should I register a screen name?" on the FAQ page for more info.

Why should I register a screen name?
There are a number of reasons to register a user name:
  • Attach pictures/files/etc. to your ads and/or messages.
  • Edit your ads and/or messages (you can edit you messages as many times as you’d like, you can also delete something off your ad as soon as it’s sold!).
  • Quickly see unread messages with "new" message flags (it doesn’t matter what computer you use; the "new" flags appear correctly no mater what computer you login on. It allows you to check PULLOFF.COM at work, at home, on your phone and know what you’ve already read vs. what’s "new").
  • Nobody can hijack your username or identity and impersonate you (once you register that username nobody else can post under that name without your password).
  • No spam blocker once you are registered.
  • Send quick private message to other page users without having to login to your home/work email.
  • You can "Follow Topics" and you will be automatically emailed when someone responds to that topic.
  • Customizable user avatar
  • You can modify how the page is displayed (read each post, or see all post in a thread on one page, the post preview option allows you to read posts without clicking on them, etc...)

How do I create a new profile and register a screen name?
At the top of almost every page on the website is a link to "Create A New Profile"
  • Click "Create A New Profile".
  • Enter all the data and the spam prevention code.
  • Click submit.
  • You’ll get an activation email for your new profile (you may need to check your spam or junk folder in your email).
  • Simply follow the instructions in the email to activate your account (if you don’t get the activation email just be patient because I usually manually activate accounts after a week).
After that you should be all set to login. If there are any issues please feel free to email me (jakemorgan@pulloff.com) and I'll make sure you get setup correctly.

What if I’m having registration problems?
If you are having problems registering read below first to try and solve you issues. I’m more than happy helping anyone and everyone through the registration process. In fact if anyone is having problems I’ll do the registration for them and set them up with a temporary password, all you have to do is email me your info. So far almost all of the problems with registration are listed below:
  • One of the major issues I’ve noticed is a mistake in the email address. It could be something as simple as misspelling your email address... to putting something in capital letters that shouldn’t be.
  • People also misspell their email because they get into the habit of putting www on the front of everything. I’ve seen about dozens of invalid addresses that look something like: (www.jakemorgan@pulloff.com for example) (which isn’t an email address, it should just be jakemorgan@pulloff.com).
  • The registration is Case sensitive so if you register a "Jake Morgan" and then try and log in as "jake morgan" it won’t work so be careful of those capitol letters.
  • One last problem I’ve seen is: registering a user name that is already registered. The name you want may not be available and it may give you an error message. Try a different username, be creative . . . puller1066 is not a creative name!
  • The last thing is people forgetting their password or user name and then trying to login under the wrong name. It seems simple but I’d advise keeping a record somewhere of all your usernames and passwords.
One last note: If you are having problems with registration please notify me. You can either email me at jakemorgan@pulloff.com or you can simply post a message on this page (remember, you don’t need a login to post a message you can simply just post under a different name like you did in years past), just make sure you enter the spam code correctly or the message won’t post.

How many User Names can I have?
You can have up to three user names per email address.

How do I get around the Spam Blocker?
The absolute easiest way to make sure you never have to deal with the annoying Spam Blocker again... register a user name. Once you register and login you’ll never see the annoying spam blocker again. Registration is fast and easy and it’s also the simplest solution to avoid the spam blocker. All you need to register is a valid email address.  I would encourage everyone to register a username. It’s simply much easier and much faster and you never have to worry about the spam blocker again.

How do I post an ad on the For Sale or Wanted pages?
  • Go to the For Sale or Wanted page
  • You'll see a link labeled "Post a new For Sale Ad" (or "Post a new Wanted Ad"), click that link (It will bring up a new page)
  • In the "Name:" text box enter your name... (if you're a registered user this will already be filled in)
  • In the "Email:" text box enter your email... (if you're a registered user this will already be filled in)
  • In the "Subject:" text box enter the title of the ad... something like... Big Block Ford Minirod
  • In the "Message:" text box enter a complete description of the ad... give all the details you want and a price if you'd like.  Remember this is also the area that you put any additional contact information like your name, home phone number, cell number, email, etc...
  • In the "Spam Prevention:" box make sure you enter the code exactly as it appears in the picture above. (if you're a registered user this step will not be necessary)
  • To attach a photo see: "How do I attach photos to a post or an ad:" on the FAQ page
  • You can "Preview" the ad to make sure it looks good, and then hit "Post Message" and you're all set.
How do I attach photos to a post or an ad?
  • To add a picture to your ad you need to be a registered user. (Registration is free and easy and it only takes a few seconds).
  • Login and follow the directions on how to "How do I post an ad on the For Sale or Wanted pages:", but before you hit "Post Message".....
  • Click the "Attach a file ..." link right above the "Message:" text box.
  • Click "Browse" and select the file on your computer that you’d like to attach.
  • Click "Attach" and your browser will refresh and show the attached file.
  • Click "Attach another file ..." to attach additional files or photos.
  • You can attach up to 10 pictures with your ad.
  • To remove a file simple click the delete button next to the file you’d like to delete
Can I link to a photo on another site or this pages gallery?
Yes, you can link to photos for you ads and posts. Here are a few guidelines for linking to photos:
  • The address of you photo must end in either: .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, or .png (if it ends in anything other than those file types it's not the correct address for your photo).
  • You CANNOT link to photos in your email (we don't have your email password, so we can't see your email).
  • You CANNOT link to photos that have an https address, only http addresses (the "s" part of the address stands for secure and linking to those addresses is usually not allowed).

Why won’t my photos attach?
The most likely problem is the photo size.  Almost all the photos you view on the internet are relatively low quality photos.  Modern digital cameras, cell phones, and tablets create high quality photos that are much too high resolution to view on the internet.  To attach your files you will need to resize them.  A reasonable size is approximately 800-1200 pixels wide, and less than 500 kb (more on that next).

How do I know how big my photos are?
There are two different sizes, Physical Size and File Size, both matter for the internet.
To figure out File Size: in Windows all you need to do is right click on the photo and select Properties.  The photo file size will be listed in the window.  The photo needs to be fewer than 500 kb (500,000 bytes).  If your photo is larger than this you will need to resize it (see below)
To Figure out Physical Size: physical size can be figured out using any photo editing software.  The exact technique will vary depending on your software.  ALL Windows computer have a program named: Paint.  You can open your photo in Paint and simply hit Ctrl+e and it will give you the physical size of the image (don't change the numbers here or it will crop the photo and not resize it).

To resize a photo:
  • Windows Computer - again using Paint, hit Ctrl+w to stretch (shrink) the photo. Click the checkbox for pixels and simply enter a width of 1000. Save the file as a new name and your all set to attach it to your For Sale ad. If you have an older version of Paint and it only lets you shrink by percentages enter something like 30% in both the horizontal and vertical boxes. Hit Ctrl+e again to check the size until the photo is approximately 800-1200 pixels wide (or high depending on the orientation of the photo).
  • Smart phone or tablet - there are hundreds of Free Apps that will resize the photo for you. I just played around with an Android app called Pic Resizer Lite, I'm completely new to owning a smartphone and it only took me a few minutes to resize a photo. It may take some playing around and I'm sure there are better apps out there so you may need to play around to see what works best for you.
Note: Remember to save the file as different copy so you don’t shrink your original!  Remember, simply changing the "zoom" in your photo software does not resize the photos.

How do I contact someone about their For Sale or Wanted ad?
Replies to ads are not allowed on the For Sale or Wanted pages.  Any transactions are private matters and are not carried out through the public forums on PULLOFF.COM.  The buyers and sellers must contact each other directly through any contact information given in the ads.  Hopefully the person posting the ad left a phone number or email address in their ad.  If they didn’t include it in their ad you can look at their username, if their name is a hyperlink (colored... not black or white) you can click on their name it will bring up their email address or their user profile.  You can then contact them via email or PM (Private Message), remember to send them a PM you will need to have a registered username.

How do I edit or delete an ad from the For Sale or Wanted pages?
If you posted the ad while you were logged in:
  • Make sure you are logged in. Click on your ad. At the bottom of the message click "Edit". Change the Subject: to "SOLD". Change the Message: to "SOLD". Click "Save Changes". That will stop any calls or email. If your ad contains multiple items you can also edit your message and remove individual items as they sell.
If you posted the ad when you were not logged in:
  • Email me with the ad date and title and I will delete the ad.

How do I change my password after I login?
Login, click on the "Control Center" link at the top of the page, click on the "Change Password" link on the left-hand column, enter your current password, then enter your new password and click "Submit".  Your new password will be used next time you login.

Your password and login are case sensitive so make sure your caps lock is off and make sure you capitalize the correct letters.  If you still can't login email me and I'll help you through it.

What if I forgot my password or screen name?
Email me (jakemorgan@pulloff.com) and I can get you the information you need.  I’ll set you up with a new temporary password and send you your screen name.  It only takes me a few minutes to get you back up and running so please email me and I’ll help you out.  As you probably already know, it’s much easier to follow what topics you’ve read and what topic you haven’t read as a registered user so please feel free to email me with any username or password issues, I’m always happy to help out.

How do I setup that Post Preview feature?
A while back a registered (FP680) asked for a thread/post preview option. Well, it’s taken me a while to get it figured out, but now you can just hold your mouse over the link and it will show you a small preview of what’s been posted. Here’s a screen shot of the Post Preview Option. It’s easy to use, and there’s much less clicking back and forth.

To enable the preview feature login, go to "Control Center", in the left-hand column click "Forum Settings". At the very bottom of the page there is an option to "Disable the post preview", make sure that is set to "No" and you will be all set.

Thanks to FP680 for the great idea.

How do I set it up so I can read all the responses in a thread on a single page?
The Feedback page is what’s referred to as a threaded Forum, meaning you can see who responds to whom. Some people like that format, others (myself) prefer a flat read format. Flat read means you see the threading when you are on the feedback page, but when you click on an individual post you don’t see just one post, you see ALL the posts for that thread on one page. It makes for much, much less clicking back and forth. Click here for a screen shot of the Flat read setting.

To enable the flat read feature you login, go to "Control Center", in the left hand column click "Forum Settings". At the middle of the page there is an option to "Message reading display options:" make sure that is set to one of the "Multiple messages per page" settings and you will be all set.

Personal Photo Use:
All of our photos are free for personal use!  That’s right FREE!  Our photos are all free to use for PERSONAL use, i.e. screen savers, printing them up to put in a picture frame for yourself, desktop wallpaper, etc...  Simply download the photo to your computer and print the photo.  Feel free to print the photos in whatever size or format you’d like, the only stipulation is that you keep the PULLOFF.COM logo on the photo.

We do not print/sell any photos.  If you are trying to print the photo for personal use at a photo store (i.e. Walmart, Ritz Camera, etc...) and they require consent please email me ( jakemorgan@pulloff.com ) or print a copy of this page and bring it to the photo store with you.  Please remember the PULLOFF.COM logo must remain on the photo. If you'd like higher resolution copies of a photo please email me the file number and I'll send you a copy of the photo.

Commercial Photo Use:
If you want to use our photos in an advertisement, a tee-shirt, hat, poster, banners, souvenir program, marketing and promotional materials, your hauler, etc... please contact me ( jakemorgan@pulloff.com ) in advance so I can review and authorize the use of the photos.  Please let me know exactly how you want to use the photo and I’ll review your request. (99.99% of the time photo requests work out without any problem).

Who owns the photos?
It doesn’t matter what the photo is of, the photo itself (and any reproduction/reprint) is property of PULLOFF.COM and is protected by international copyright laws.  Any commercial use of copyrighted material without consent is strictly forbidden.  Printing of PULLOFF.COM photos for resale is strictly forbidden.  Please abide by the Personal Use and Commercial Use policies of this page.  If there is any question whether your use is personal of commercial please email me.

High Resolution Copies:
You may request a high-resolution copy of a photo by emailing jakemorgan@pulloff.com Please include a description of how the photo will be used. If you like, please feel free to make a donation for the use of the hi-res photos

How do I contact PULLOFF.COM?
There are three ways to get in touch with us: PM, email, mail.  To PM (private message) me you need to be a registered page user.  Simply click on my name or my fathers name and click the link "Send a PM".  To send an email simply click here jakemorgan@pulloff.com .  To use good old fashioned mail you can send it to:

Pulloff.com
P.O. Box 431
Mumford, NY 14511

Donations:
This page is a free service and cost is covered by my out of pockets expenses.  It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going.  Donations for the photos, classified ads, etc... are gladly accepted and appreciated.  Simply use my mailing address or click here:

Edited 14 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2016 12:32AM by Jake Morgan.

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Website Statistics
Global: Topics: 38,580, Posts: 229,613, Members: 3,320.
This forum: Topics: 3, Posts: 3.

Our newest member Fechtner Racing