quad range trans January 03, 2009 09:14AM
I was wondering if any one could help me out?? I have a 4430 with a QR. I was at a pull last year when the clutch lost all pressure. the steering and brakes was still working then but when I got it back to the barn they would not, before every thing quit it had started building pressure in the rearend housing it would blow the filler cap off and cover the track and draw bar with oil. I was just looking for any help with what might be wrong wtih it. Thanks for any help.

Re: quad range trans January 03, 2009 03:59PM
There should be a priority valve in that system that diverts the power from the transmission to the steering and brakes. The steering and brakes of course take priority over the transmission pack engagement. Im not sure exactly what the valve on that set up is like, but there could be a way that your pump was going on you and it just diverted all your flow to the steering and brakes. It also could be as simple as the suction filter is pluged for the pump also. It seams wierd that the pump would just all the sudden go like that, so chances are it could be somethign simple like the suction screen plugged. I know that the brakes and sometimes the clutch packs come apart and plug that screen so it could be a good starting point for you and also a cheap starting point. Good luck!

Re: quad range trans January 06, 2009 11:20AM
hey i might be able to help i am a john deere technician at a deere dealer you have indeed a high pressure leak to sump causing your filler cap to blow off i would say you might have a blown packing on your clutch operating piston you only want to run a max of 210 psi of clutch pressure with the clutch pedal pushed down see if you still have pressure building in the rear end if you dont that is most likley what happend you wont have any priority oil sent to the main pump because it will all be lost out of where ever the leak is your rear pump supplies the front main pump make sure though that you use a vented filler cap like a stock tractor hopefully that was of some help with out a tech manual in front of me it is kinda hard to pin point what exactly happend

Re: quad range trans January 06, 2009 12:38PM
Sorry i didnt see the part that it was blowing the cap off the rear end housing. The person above me is correct there is a problem somewhere around your master clutch piston, i believe this is the c1 clutch, or you have a problem in your clutch valve, it could be leaking past your clutch valve back to sump also. Good luck.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,598, Posts: 229,643, Members: 3,322.
This forum: Topics: 37,060, Posts: 225,875.

Our newest member JD_8520