4020 and Crowler clutch question? January 07, 2009 01:43AM
I am putting a 3 disk Crowler springer clutch along with the Brad Gray billet cross shaft kit in a 4020.....do I need to enlarge the opening in the bottom of the clutch housing to make adjustments or maintenance easier down the road?

Thanks!

Re: 4020 and Crowler clutch question? January 07, 2009 03:49AM
Enlarging the hole in the bottom of the clutch housing is not required to adjust the clutch. When we first put our 5010 togehter, we did not. But i always had to adjust the darn thing because my dads hands were too big. The next time we split it, we took a 9 inch grinder with a 14 inch cut off wheel (there has got to be a safer way) and cut out about a 1 foot by 1 foot hole in the bottom of the bell housing. The main reason we did it was to get rid of weight. We have the tractor down to about 7700 with driver. Anyway, this will make your life alot easier when you are laying on your back trying to add weights between classes because the clutch unlocked at 250 feet.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,573, Posts: 229,600, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,057, Posts: 225,854.

Our newest member BadHabit2