Power mist nitro xd fuel additive? February 16, 2012 03:46AM
I was talking to a couple of tractor guys about testing the fuel and why they do it. One of them said there was this stuff called Power Mist nitro xd fuel additive that makes big power but can't run it everywhere. Out of curiosity I went to thier website and looked it up. Does this stuff acctually work on diesel engines? I am new to the sport and just trying to learn the in's and out's.

Re: Power mist nitro xd fuel additive? February 16, 2012 08:13AM
30-120 horse on a superfarm . just dont put your fuel in a styrofoam cup lol.

Re: Power mist nitro xd fuel additive? February 16, 2012 08:27AM
Where do you find this wonderful juice?

Re: Power mist nitro xd fuel additive? February 16, 2012 08:34AM
will it burn pistons?

Re: Power mist nitro xd fuel additive? February 16, 2012 09:17AM
SPEND YOUR MONEY ON PARTS. WILL EAT YOU PUMP UP.

Re: Power mist nitro xd fuel additive? February 16, 2012 03:19PM
It wont eat your pump up ran it for years and never had a problem

Re: Power mist nitro xd fuel additive? February 17, 2012 12:12AM
What ratio did you mix it at?

Re: Power mist nitro xd fuel additive? January 22, 2018 11:26AM
It’s real hard on injectors too like every run
As far as testing, if your an outlaw guy their hi tech fuel testing will
Not detect it so why not run it if that’s the only way you can win

Re: Power mist nitro xd fuel additive? January 23, 2018 05:40AM
We tested for it in Spencer IA this year. Just like any rule you are free to test your luck anytime.

For 2018 anyone caught at the scale will not hook that days event.

Anyone caught after the hook will be out 1 year and 10 days.

The final decision for post run DQ and year ban are subject to official lab test before decision is final. So our equipment is not what will be used to make that determination.

COO for OTTPA

www.outlawpulling.com

www.truck-specialties.com

Schaeffer Oil Representative

[www.schaefferoil.com]

Re: Power mist nitro xd fuel additive? January 23, 2018 11:20AM
You know if you would just pull samples of the top 5 every at every pull you would never have a problem
Your dielectric test doesn’t detect power mist
Why would one of the top organizations want to use something like your using knowing that it is NOT a good way nor the right way to test fuel. You have a set of rules
that everybody has voted on so use them
Two years ago somebody showed up at lows state fair the fuel was yellow it was pretty clear it was no outlaw fuel. Yet he was pulling the next week at wisner
Last year I sent my tractor to wisner from lowa state fair knowing the fuel was right but when my tractor went across the scale it wasn’t and then @#$%& hit the fan
All that should have been done was sent a fuel sample off then everybody would know that I had the right fuel but instead we were label as cheaters
My opinion (and it doesn’t mean crap) if you have rules use them.
Instead we have problems like this then we end up losing tractors to other organizations
Also anybody that knows me knows I cheat at ALL
I always thought the outlaws were the greatest until this happened and the way they made us feel had to go out of my way to talk to the ceo and know of the official would talk to us about what happened

Re: Power mist nitro xd fuel additive? January 23, 2018 01:55PM
We just asked you to dump the fuel and refill and allowed you to pull. I do not see where Kurt or I accused you of cheating.

We needed your number to match the rest of the field. And when the 2nd tank came back it was within the limit we allowed that day.

And we have tested for power mist. No one was using it in Spencer and every competitor that day had the exact same number on the other test.

Kurt and I both tried to talk to you when you arrived since you weren't with the tractor on the scale. We wanted you to pull that's why we allowed you to refill your tank.

I can't see how we did anything wrong. No test was needed to send in as you passed and pulled. We don't tech to find cheaters we tech to prove to rest of the field you are not.

You pulled that day and the class knows you were legal during your pass. Best of luck in 2018.

COO for OTTPA

www.outlawpulling.com

[www.schaefferoil.com]

Re: Power mist nitro xd fuel additive? January 23, 2018 02:30PM
No I talk to Kurt at the breakfast and I had to go to him and I wouldn’t know you if you were standing right in front of me AV
So don’t say you were looking for me when you wasn’t!!

Re: Power mist nitro xd fuel additive? January 23, 2018 03:03PM
David I walked up to you and you said you didn't want to talk. If you didn't know who I was that explains quite a bit. David I wish you the best and know you weren't cheating. Kurt and I took a lot of flack for giving you a second time to cross the scale. But I thought it was the right thing to do. So I fail to see where either of us wronged you.

COO for OTTPA

www.outlawpulling.com

[www.schaefferoil.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2018 03:05PM by AV.

Re: Power mist nitro xd fuel additive? January 23, 2018 03:15PM
If you did come up to me sorry
But like I said I wouldn’t know you because I don’t know what you look like I am sure I saw but didn’t k ow who was
Like I said I am sorry if I said that. That is not like me to say something like too

If you want to talk fine 816-592-0161

Re: Power mist nitro xd fuel additive? January 23, 2018 03:39PM
Like he said mix it 25% and turn fuel up 50cc big power booster

Re: Power mist nitro xd fuel additive? February 17, 2012 04:50AM
Is this something that is legal or will a pass a fuel test at a sensible level say like the product 'outlaw'?? or will any amount cause you fuel to be illegal?

Re: Power mist nitro xd fuel additive? February 17, 2012 05:36AM
It is the reason for the styrofoam cup rule. It appears to be mainly acetone. Helps some powerwise, but I would worry about lack of lube . I have used it but I also added extra lube to the fuel. I don't think it would pass the styrofoam cup test.

Re: Power mist nitro xd fuel additive? February 17, 2012 07:37AM
So when running a product like this you should be running 2 stroke oil in the fuel to keep the lube up? In my application I do a lot of brush pulling in a diesel truck where they do not inspect the fuel. Looking into running this or a better product if it would be available. Is there a more commonly used product used?

Re: Power mist nitro xd fuel additive? February 17, 2012 10:20AM
Biodiesel at 2% works better for lube

Re: Power mist nitro xd fuel additive? February 17, 2012 02:28PM
the mist will eat the cut in less than 30 seconds. great power additive. will pass all cetane tests. cheap hp.

Re: Power mist nitro xd fuel additive? February 18, 2012 04:52AM
Gonna call them on monday and get some pricing and see when I can get it.

Re: Power mist nitro xd fuel additive? January 22, 2018 09:28AM
Have a 440 super mod snowmobile 2-cycle 244 mikunis tuned pipes what is best additive and how much to run please help want Edge

Re: Power mist nitro xd fuel additive? January 23, 2018 01:01PM
Been running it for years mix it 25% as long as you have coated piston never had a problem with pump or injector. BIG POWER GAINER. catch the rich guys that spend thousands on parts.

Re: Power mist nitro xd fuel additive? January 25, 2018 10:51AM
Nonsence is your tractor the green energy tractor in ntpa sf

Re: Power mist nitro xd fuel additive? January 26, 2018 07:24AM
As you will find in most sanctioned organizations, Oxygen carriers and or oxygen extenders are Not Permitted in fuels or water. I believe Power Mist additives are oxygen enriched and or oxygen enhancing additives which would make them Illegal in most organizations. The added oxygen and oxygen enhancing properties will cause much higher combustion temperatures as well which could lead to piston failure if you weren't careful. In my opinion I would steer clear. Just my opinion. Good luck and best wishes. rw

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,576, Posts: 229,605, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,058, Posts: 225,857.

Our newest member BadHabit2