Latest Outlaw news letter May 06, 2010 11:22AM
All that needs said is buy a brand new highlighter of your favorite color (a used one will not have enough life left in it so start with NEW).
Highlight every "I" that is used by the president and King.
And how do you like the "I contacted enough board members to get the number of votes needed" part?
Change is needed NOW!
He even changed the entry fees as voted on by the members at the meeting !!!!!!!
I don't see how anyone can support this or even explain why it is OK ????? What do we all waste our time going and discussing and voting for?

Re: Latest Outlaw news letter May 06, 2010 01:08PM
And who would you suggest that be?

Re: Latest Outlaw news letter May 06, 2010 02:46PM
Dave Nelson
Dave Bennett
Lori Bauer
Jason Klausen
Al Grigg
All would be good, but a Jimmy Hoffa or Frankie Gambino would be an improvement!

Re: Latest Outlaw news letter May 07, 2010 01:49AM
If that is your short list, then you better scratch it and find another list because I am sure that all those names you listed would deny that opportunity. Sorry

Re: Latest Outlaw news letter May 06, 2010 02:06PM
We won't change a thing the king owns the OTTPA and he knows it. He can't be removed from a business that he holds the LLC in his name as the only member . If u don't believe me, you can look it up on the MO Secretary of State website. It's public information. Or contact an attorney to verify it for yourself. He won't be personally held responsible for anything, the LLC will. The old debt that's there doesn't matter because the new LLC doesn't have any debt.

Re: Latest Outlaw news letter May 06, 2010 11:35PM
Some people would complain if you hung them with a new rope. Good idea and a fair way to do the entry fee. Thats why we have leaders and board members. All the debt to the association is to Doug and his wife plus Dennis. Who cares who owns it if we have good pulls and purse. Who has done more for outlaws than Doug and where would we be. Dave Schierer owns NTPA weather you believe that or not. Tom McConnel owned ATPA and now Forrest Lucas owns it. Got to be ran like a buisness and looks as if outlaws has more events, more sponsors so something must be right. Looking foward to pulling season and glad I do not have to pay $50 to hook this year in my class. Great surprise to me when I read the letter and thanks to the board members for voting that in.

Re: Latest Outlaw news letter May 07, 2010 01:38AM
Outlaws has more sponsers this year than last, but is WAY short on having more sponsors as an association than NTPA or especially PPL !!
Not ALL board members got a voice. Just the ones in the KINGS pocket. I can already tell you who DIDN'T get called. And I don't even need to talk to any of them.
Outlaws now has more radio's than tech people.
My answer to "get a life" is you need to "get a clue".
But then again, this is how the Teamsters thought. Who cares if Hoffa is skimming, just so I get my pension when I retire. They didn't realize how much more of a pension they could have had if all the money would have been in the fund. And then the dummies elected his son ????
Then you see the clueless in the south pulling with BoB, and they will be screaming when they get shafted AGAIN by the same guy. They just want pull dates and that big check. Till they are standing there with nothing.
I suppose you missed the part in the KING's letter where he wasn't going to do anything about the "not for profit" situation if he didn't get back on the board?
Your ignorance amuses me!

Re: Latest Outlaw news letter May 07, 2010 01:45AM
Can always tell when it's getting close to the weekend- anonymous postings about Outlaws start appearing! If you can,t or won't stand behind your ravings by posting your name then save us the time waisting and keep it to yourself! thankyou.

Re: Latest Outlaw news letter May 07, 2010 02:05AM
1. I doubt that anyone would complain if you hung them with a new rope

2. The Leaders and Board members in question need to take a look at what the members wanted and voted on. They did not approve this

3. Actually the debt is more based on the unpaid insurance stuff. Im guessing right now with the mamberships and the preentry money. There is not a lot of debt if any. However as the summer goes on, money will get tighter because the monies will not be coming in, they have already been paid. Kind of like robbing peter to pay paul thing. A good business person would not give up 12.5% of the entry fee money, when money can be borrowed at 6%

4. Granted Doug has done a lot of good things for Outlaw but has it been worth it. With all the mistakes and screwups that he has done? If Outlaw takes in 100,000 in entry fee money, it gave up $6000.00 in interest and $12000.00 in entry fee money on this discount thing ($18,000 total)

5. No one has a problem with Schierer and Lucas. Those groups are not member owned. Outlaw is a member owned group (or was?)

6. I agree. Outlaw needs to be run like a business. The big question is, can Doug do that when he can't even run his own

7. Looking at the fiscal pic, I would like to think that the members that voted on this, wanted to take care of Outlaw fiscal issues

8 Back to the "Outlaw needs to be run like a business" thing. Outlaw has always been a member own group. This LLC thing, is something that I am having a hard time with. The big problem is that the communication issue. Doug does a poor job (at best) taking care of communication. A new president is in order. I don't feel that there is any Outlaw member that can do a good job and maintain his own business. What should be done is vote a new pres in. Have the board hire a "Operations manager" and Hire a "Book keeper" Run Outlaw like a business and she will grow. Keep this and we are screwed

Re: Latest Outlaw news letter May 07, 2010 02:14AM
Fyi. Above post is from Carthage

Re: Latest Outlaw news letter May 07, 2010 02:33AM
I agree who cares who owns it. I am pretty sure that all of the events will be well attended this year, and that everyone will have their checks clear at the end of the day. So, what is wrong with all of that?

Re: Latest Outlaw news letter May 07, 2010 01:55AM
So, what I don't understand is why some pullers don't come together and form a new organization. It would be a lot less headaches then dealing with all of this. I know that it would take a lot of work, but things would surely be better for all of those individuals that don't trust anything that Doug is doing for the Outlaws wouldn't it?

Re: Latest Outlaw news letter May 07, 2010 03:15AM
Why not join NTPA? Just a thought.

Re: Latest Outlaw news letter May 07, 2010 02:09PM
interesting quote there ntpa puller. so you suggest ntpa to form a region 6 group of pullers?

Re: Latest Outlaw news letter May 07, 2010 02:10PM
Because it would take a minimum of 5 yrs to replace it with a different Org as a whole.

Re: Latest Outlaw news letter May 07, 2010 03:41PM
I'd love it if Forest Lucas came in and took over. PPL of the Midwest, how cool would that be???

Re: Latest Outlaw news letter May 07, 2010 04:06PM
Think about how much fun Wisner would be with Lucas funding the party!!

Re: Latest Outlaw news letter May 07, 2010 11:48PM
all it would take for ntpa/ppl to start a western division is enough of you to not pull for outlaws and get enough fairs to go with you

Re: Latest Outlaw news letter May 08, 2010 12:36AM
That would hurt everyone including the promoters. Lots of pulls on the same date for outlaws, ntpa and ppl with not enough pullers at any. Look at region 3 and ntpa, pretty weak at most events. ppl only comes out west a couple of times and if more their pullers would be unhappy. Outlaws has the best show now out west and if not broke dont fix it. Talk to the promoters and see if they are happy with show and go from there. Outlaws gets a dang good purse and show must be good to get that kind of money every year.

Re: Latest Outlaw news letter May 08, 2010 01:52AM
There is no one and you cant find anyone to take Dougs place !!! Soooo how do you think there is
some out there to start and run another group !!!

Re: Latest Outlaw news letter May 08, 2010 03:33AM
Rather than starting a new organization, I think NTPA Region V is a viable option in Nebraska and Iowa. The organization is already there with a Grand National Organization above it. It's all there already. Iowa already has some pulls and could have more. Nebraska has had pulls in Pierce and Lincoln in the last 3-4 years. But realistically, I don't see it happening. And I certainly don't see a new organization rising up out of nowhere to challenge the Outlaws.

As for someone to replace Roberts, who in their right mind would want the job? Seems to be almost a full-time job, if you want to do it well. But it doesn't pay well and, in the internet age, anybody with a chip on their shoulder can take a cheap shot at you. Maybe there is a retiree out there who has the experience in pulling, sales/people skills and time on their hands to do the job.

But I doubt it.

Re: Latest Outlaw news letter May 08, 2010 06:20AM
I know for a fact that Doug was offered a job by one of the other associations and could not blame him if he took it. Heck of a lot more money than outlaws pays him. The outlaws, the promoters and the pullers gave a good thing going out here in the midwest with schedule, purse, rules, etc. and weather you like Doug or not he is the main reason for it. A lot of other associations would like to have what we have. Why some people want to tear down what took at least 10 years to build is crazy. If Doug leaves and takes some of the events and pullers with him the ones left might find the grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence. Numbers wil be less at events and promoters will not be happy and want to pay less or have less classes. Promoters can not afford NTPA and alot of pullers will not pay NTPA prices either. It is a tough job to keep both promoters and pullers happy and I know of no one who wants that job. We have a good thing going and if it aint broke, dont fix it. Could be alot worst for sure.

Re: Latest Outlaw news letter, NEWS FLASH! May 09, 2010 09:42AM
To; Well Said
Hot news flash, even with the "reduction" in entry fees the King implemented in leiu of what was VOTED on by MEMBERS, you pullers (if you are one) will be paying MORE in entry (hook fees) than NTPA or PPL.
Membership dues are already within $50.00 of NTPA dues, and you have NO TECH. DEPT. and NO monthly magazine, and no treasurer with the checkbook seperate from the KING.
The price to promoters on an Outlaw event and an NTPA event are really close after the KING gets done filling in all the blanks on the 3 page contract that is impossible to get a bottom line cost on till after the event. But he can save you some money by getting you to take STATE classes, but only 4wd, 2wd and pro stock. Even if you put on a pull in Farnhamville,Iowa you would not be allowed to buy a STATE level of DSS, and they have no DSS that follow them much that is over 100 miles away,,,,Again, your ignorance amuses me !!!

Re: Latest Outlaw news letter May 08, 2010 06:21AM
Here are some ideas for the group:
1. Look at making it an Incorporation owned by everyone in the association & sell shares to the members,promoters, sponsors and investors so everyone has the option to be a shareholder and see the true financials of the Inc.and have a say as to where the group goes in future.
2. Hire an operations person, a bookkeeper and a president (3 different people) to run this, who are not pullers.
3. Get Doug Roberts out of the picture. If he wants to put on a pull he can pay for it like everyone else does. Let him run his business and put on pulls, but not the Outlaws.
I do not believe disbanding is the way to go, or everyone running to NTPA or PPL. Both of those groups are good groups, but a third group will live well if it is owned & run by the members of the group. And ran like a business.
With Doug running this it is only time before a big law suit or large debt happens and OTTPA LLC. will be broke just like the non profit is.
And for ( get a life guy ) go stick ur head back in your corn feild or back up Dougs butt where it has been for many years because I am sure the veiw will be the same and a bad storm is coming either way .

Re: Latest Outlaw news letter May 08, 2010 07:37AM
Dumb idea. Pullers can not agree on anything and let the guy that owns the most shares or who can get his buddies to go with him and get the most votes make the rules and run the association is stupid. Most of the debt that outlaws has is to the roberts family so that is their problem. Looks like that is getting resolved so what is the problem. Most of these attacks against roberts are from pullers that do not get thier wayv or the rules they want and if it gets changed back there will be more upset than the few vocal ones now. Now if the association goes broke or there is a lawsuit it is roberts problem and no one else can be dragged into it since it is a LLC. That maybe why he set it up as a LLC to protect himself since he is responsible for the debt, the taxes, the liability, etc. I do not care if he owns it or does not own it as long as he continues to get us good pulls, purse and some sponsors. Go OUTLAWS!

Re: Latest Outlaw news letter May 08, 2010 03:37PM
Well ( Crazy ) you must be a yes man to Doug and if what you say is true why do we even have a board ? And your way of thinking is how we ended up deep in debt before. So go back to Doug ask if you can get another beer before you go plant corn.

Re: Latest Outlaw news letter May 09, 2010 12:03AM
L ook at the BIG PICTURE HERE! must be one of those pullers that did not get the rules he wanted. The third time on this post that he has got on here and slamed Doug. Post your real name and run for the posistion or shut up. No one wants to read your garbage.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,618, Posts: 229,674, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,064, Posts: 225,890.

Our newest member JD_8520