Big as Nascar August 15, 2012 03:39AM
In your opinion, what will it take to make the sport of tractor pulling as big as nascar, or if thats even possible?

Re: Big as Nascar August 15, 2012 03:51AM
Lots of money, more major explosions/breakage (one per class at least per event), more accidents/rollovers/wild rides (at least one per class per event). Even then it will not be as popular with the masses. It may compete better with drag racing though.

Re: Big as Nascar August 15, 2012 04:10AM
I Agree with $$$ that action brings fans.... as big as Nascar... never gonna happen, even with all the drama i see on this msg board...and pullers turn both left and Right :-) thats too confusing for Nascar fans to take intrest
even with all the drama i see on this msg board...
Drag racing on the other hand is really similar. its all about power and driving skills, blink and you missed the show

2 poor 2 pull :-(

Re: Big as Nascar August 15, 2012 08:34AM
NASCAR has quite a advantage, EVERYONE drives a car of some sort or another. So the average American can relate to the auto's used in a race. Very few of the population have ever even seen a tractor working in the field let alone drive one. To a novice watching, a tractor pull may be a bit confusing with all the different classes,types etc..

Re: Big as Nascar August 15, 2012 10:07AM
When Jr., Jimmy, and Kyle start up Pulling Teams then it might make the evening news. Like Gonzo said 99% of the population doesn't know or care about tractors or trucks.

Re: Big as Nascar August 15, 2012 10:18AM
And my worry is that if tractor pulling got as big as NASCAR, then we'd have EVERY vehicle sponsored by a company. While I understand that it pays the bills, I love seeing the unique paintjobs on tractors and would rather not see advertisements on them.

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: Big as Nascar August 15, 2012 11:28AM
I don't think nor want it as big and coperate as NASCAR but I do think with some solid promotion it could rival the NHRA or Monster Jam which would be good enough for me. I love the NTPA but I think if anybody will take pulling to the next level it will be PPL just because they have Lucas Oil behind them and they gew their Late Model series into the Top dog in the game even with the brand name WOO has in dirt racing

Re: Big as Nascar August 15, 2012 02:41PM
somebody needs to get Kurt Busch on an unlimited mod he had a pro stock drag car last year (?)Ken Veney knows people there is an in.

Re: Big as Nascar August 15, 2012 04:10PM
The Yuppies couldn't gravitate to it like they did when NASCAR let Toyota in. Just like the yuppies that came to our fair this year during the morning session when the street trucks run, cause they got a woman who thinks her 2012 Tundra is the toughest truck on the road, (her 2010 fell right appart in less than 2 years)They cheer when she ran, then fell silent when an old round nose (Late 90's) Ford F150, with a bunch of rust and 50% tread Wranglers on it cleaned her ass out. Thankfully them yuppies left, the real classes started, and we didn't have to listen to Toyota Bullshit the rest of the day. Now the Yuppies think they know it all about NHRA cause "Toyota" is in there. Yeah, Top Fuelers and Funny Cars all have an engine based off 1 Engine, the Chrysler HEMI. No Toyota there you Idiots!! I would rather have my Toyota Free Good Old American Built Backyard Ingenuity STAY with us and NOT the Yuppies.

Re: Big as Nascar August 16, 2012 02:58AM
Here is something to ponder--this weekend, there will be two events in close proximity to each other: Bowling Green's National Tractor Pulling Championships and NASCAR's Pure Michigan 400. It will be interesting to see which one has the most spectators. I have notices that many races have less than full bleachers. Tickets to the race (I am 45 minutes from the track) are going at a discount locally. JW

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2012 02:58AM by bandit496.

Re: Big as Nascar August 16, 2012 03:05AM
not much of a comparison there.michigan prob holds 100,000 and bowling green maybe 20,000

Re: Big as Nascar August 16, 2012 07:03AM
MIS holds 180,000 people, 2 mile oval, and that is an average size nascar track, you could never get 20% of that many people around a pulling track, but Lucas Oil is giving it a try

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,618, Posts: 229,674, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,064, Posts: 225,890.

Our newest member JD_8520