is the v-8 freight train back June 19, 2012 01:32AM
What do you think will be the one to watch this year. i feel controlled chaos has a small advantage over international threat but you can't count out the bullet and blackbourns... how long before someone tries that set up in the ssd class

Re: is the v-8 freight train back June 19, 2012 02:19AM
Never, until the rules are changed. Isn't the SSD class limited to engines that were available in a conventional (non-articulating) tractor chassis? I thought I read that somewhere.

Re: is the v-8 freight train back June 19, 2012 02:31AM
I believe at the gn level they can but don't quote me on that

Re: is the v-8 freight train back June 19, 2012 04:36AM
Bullet kicked rods out in hutch last weekend, think he'll be at tomah? V8's are gonna be tough, but are they going to stay together?

Re: is the v-8 freight train back June 19, 2012 07:45AM
I think he should make it im sure they have a lot of spare parts... i would think you could push a v-8 a little harder than the inlines most have a beefer block but time will tell. i think tomah will be a good show everyone has a run on there stuff and can make the adjustments they need this week

Re: is the v-8 freight train back June 19, 2012 11:05AM
heard they were on there way to tomah as we speak

Re: is the v-8 freight train back June 19, 2012 10:16AM
Why couldn't you take the Cat from the Bullet and convert to diesel? 2255 Ollie Baby!

Re: is the v-8 freight train back June 19, 2012 06:08PM
From the 2012 NTPA "Official Program and Souvenir Yearbook":

8,000 lb Super Stock Diesel
Agricultural engine, inline-6 or V-8 engines allowed.

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: is the v-8 freight train back June 19, 2012 10:02PM
Cat 3208 in Lustik's Silver Bullet was a diesel, which is how (most of, if not all - I think they were also made for natural gas in irrigation work) those engines were stock.
Kevin Campbell's Controlled Chaos is a Balckbourn built V-8 from the Cummins 903 block, decubed to meet the class rules at 650.
So that now makes for 3 of those engines in this class as Extremely Armed & Dangerous was retrofitted from the 598 cubed six cylinder to the V-8.
I was impressed that Gansemer's JD with the Blackbourn red 598 push rod, which is a RN 505 engine, fared as well as he did in this high horsepower class.
Marcus Wettleson LSS pulled in this class and it's basically the same motor as Gansemer.
Sid Broughton has the Desparado Long built 598 (they are commoning called a 600) purring a lot stronger. Could be a spoiler when those V-8's stumble.
Looks like this can be an interesting class this year.
Lustik's Reloaded is still in pieces in the shop as they have been very busy in the shop and the expanding farming operation.
Well, that's the news in this class.
Coverage in the August "the PULLER".

Re: is the v-8 freight train back August 15, 2012 07:30PM
Dave Dann
Cat 3208 in Lustik's Silver Bullet was a diesel, which is how (most of, if not all - I think they were also made for natural gas in irrigation work) those engines were stock.
Kevin Campbell's Controlled Chaos is a Balckbourn built V-8 from the Cummins 903 block, decubed to meet the class rules at 650.
So that now makes for 3 of those engines in this class as Extremely Armed & Dangerous was retrofitted from the 598 cubed six cylinder to the V-8.
I was impressed that Gansemer's JD with the Blackbourn red 598 push rod, which is a RN 505 engine, fared as well as he did in this high horsepower class.
Marcus Wettleson LSS pulled in this class and it's basically the same motor as Gansemer.
Sid Broughton has the Desparado Long built 598 (they are commoning called a 600) purring a lot stronger. Could be a spoiler when those V-8's stumble.
Looks like this can be an interesting class this year.
Lustik's Reloaded is still in pieces in the shop as they have been very busy in the shop and the expanding farming operation.
Well, that's the news in this class.
Coverage in the August "the PULLER".

The Crazy Canuck of Patrice Beaudry is another 903 Cummins Decubed to 650. Actually, I think he was the first one I knew of that went that route. I could be wrong.

Re: is the v-8 freight train back August 16, 2012 12:14AM
You are correct, Patrice and Pierre were the first to decube the 903, but they no longer have that motor. The remaining parts of the Crazy Canuck V-8 are now sitting in Jeff Hirts new second tractor. I believe Jeff had the heads reworked with some big changes and he has a new Blackbourn bottom end in it.

I believe the next version of the Canuck will be sporting a 504 CID DT466 as the power plant.

I'd expect to see the two 903's of Chizek and the 903 of Controlled Chaos do well in BG this weekend, but I wouldn't count out the Bullet either!

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: is the v-8 freight train back August 16, 2012 06:10AM
Jake Morgan
You are correct, Patrice and Pierre were the first to decube the 903, but they no longer have that motor. The remaining parts of the Crazy Canuck V-8 are now sitting in Jeff Hirts new second tractor. I believe Jeff had the heads reworked with some big changes and he has a new Blackbourn bottom end in it.

I believe the next version of the Canuck will be sporting a 504 CID DT466 as the power plant.

I'd expect to see the two 903's of Chizek and the 903 of Controlled Chaos do well in BG this weekend, but I wouldn't count out the Bullet either!

With all the issues the Beaudry's had with the 903, I can see why they are going to a 466. The first Alky Canuck was quite a machine in itself, I'm guessing this one was to advance with the times, and look for more power, only it wasn't to cooperative. Thanks Mr. Morgan!

Re: is the v-8 freight train back June 20, 2012 03:02AM
Thanks that's what i thought you could run in that class i just wonder how long it will take for one of those guys to try one out.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,614, Posts: 229,670, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,064, Posts: 225,890.

Our newest member JD_8520