Gray area's and flat out cheating January 24, 2013 03:19AM
We see different segment's in NASCAR when teams are caught cheating or in the gray area of the rule book and some can be very creative indeed,we do know it has gone on in pulling I thought I would share some I have heard about and seen over the years,on names to protect the not so innocent.

Nitros bottles find the darndest locations-inside batteries,inside water injection tanks,in rear end housings,and one in an engine oil pan I did hear of one in a drivers suit but I don't know about that.

Small propane bottles aren't just for camping they have seen the time a diesel engine could use a boost !

Tanks inside of tanks seem to work great for today's mandated water in water injection systems.

Nitromethane emits a distanct oder in the alcy burners,make sure your sent is right and just the right amount of fuel to run out of fuel after you pull off the track.

I saw a pro stock tractor go down the track at half throttle with no smoke at a brush pull,he he they said he was trying something new the night before one of the big three sanction pulls,adjustments or metering must have been off just a little because you know that engine turned more rpm than any pro I have ever seen,fast ride it could have qualified for one of the new generation diesels that don't emit smoke and it scattered all the connecting rods,crankshaft pieces and block part's all over the ground at half throttle,that tractor was on a run away in front of a sled that couldn't have stopped him,probably a good thing it blew,who knows how bad a wreck could have happened.

One ole gentlemen back in the 70's got a bunch of boy's rounded up and said you boy's wanna get happy he had the laughtin gas turned on just to amuse them,I know I was one of them boy's.

I'm sure their are many more creative stories out their please share them,our younger generation has to learn some how !

Re: Gray area's and flat out cheating January 24, 2013 04:37AM
HAHA ones ive heard of is using an ether starter but forgetting to shut it off going down the track ; ) , nitro gel rubbed in the intakes(could be fake), just simply adding any kind of additive to fuel or water, as long as you mix and match it to beat the dialectical tester, adding or weight or adjusting draw bar after its been checked. Thats all i can think of right now.

Re: Gray area's and flat out cheating January 24, 2013 04:50AM
How about tractors that never do go over the scales or get hitch height checked. There is pull we go to that the announcers son pulls at. The tractor sets behind the announcers stand and never moves until it pulls. The washers and junk holding the drawbar up falls out during the pull and never gets DQ'ed. When you pull against this tractor at other pulls where it has to go over the scales and gets teched we are always within a couple feet or inches of each other vs 10 to 20'. Hmmmm

Re: Gray area's and flat out cheating January 25, 2013 01:55AM
Thanks for all the ideas!!!

Re: Gray area's and flat out cheating January 25, 2013 01:50AM
The critical difference between NASCAR and most tractor pulling organizations is how they differ in the interpretation and enforcement of the rules. I've seen it stated on this forum and in other places many times that " if the rules don't say I can't, then I can", and this seems to be largely true. NASCAR's position is "if we don't say you can, then you can't" and anyone caught with even a toenail in the fabled "gray area" can expect to be heavily penalized in the form of fines, suspensions, points, and even confiscation of illegal components.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,613, Posts: 229,668, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,064, Posts: 225,889.

Our newest member JD_8520