KY 2600 RPM Farm stock pulling is a joke October 05, 2012 05:49PM
I went to shelbyville ky.Oct. 5 to pull 11,000 and 13,000 farm stock class, i had them inspect my tractor about 2 hrs. before the pull, it was ok they said,( they let me pull in Lagrange,KY.) when i get up there to pull and some guy brian, parts man at limestone JD tells them i can't pull, he doesn't even have a dog in this fight,his buddy's are there pulling, the point is they said i could pull earlier, so i was DQ.Just about all the guys that pull strong,( say JD's have 466 cu. in. engines, most are 4430 w/ wrong decals or 4430 w/466cu.or other tractors that are not legal that are other sizes on the vin plate), in there rules section 2 rule #12 read, no factory substitutions or replacement engines allowed.If you look around about everybody there should not be legal,some are, why didn't they DQ them.These guys should not even be able to put a pull on, they say it's the shelby county fair rules, is the fair responsable for these actions.I will found out.DONT PULL WITH THESE PEOPLE, THEY MAKE THERE OWN RULES

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2012 01:50AM by LAS Racing.

Re: KY 2600 RPM Farm stock pulling is a joke October 05, 2012 09:39PM
Have seen this happen there, and heard about quite a bit.

Re: KY 2600 RPM Farm stock pulling is a joke October 05, 2012 09:44PM
You should check out Heltonville if you want to pull this weekend.

They pretty much don't have rules, but at least you know what you are getting into before you go.

Re: KY 2600 RPM Farm stock pulling is a joke October 06, 2012 01:59AM
LAS Racing do everyone a favor and stay home!! I would be mad too if i spent all that money and im still getting beat by those guys, just built you a hot farm and go on.

Re: KY 2600 RPM Farm stock pulling is a joke October 06, 2012 02:04AM
Did they actually give you a reason? Cite a rule? Anything?

Re: KY 2600 RPM Farm stock pulling is a joke October 07, 2012 01:54AM
hey kta, did you bother to look at the casting number on his block under the injection pump? i gurantee it says that it is a 7.6 liter engine. you should know this beings that u are supposedly a " certified jd something"...sounds like a bunch o hometown boys wanting to keep the outsiders from pulling. and if that is the case then you should close the class to county only tractors..

Re: KY 2600 RPM Farm stock pulling is a joke October 07, 2012 04:27AM
certified jd technician
hey kta, did you bother to look at the casting number on his block under the injection pump? i gurantee it says that it is a 7.6 liter engine. you should know this beings that u are supposedly a " certified jd something"...sounds like a bunch o hometown boys wanting to keep the outsiders from pulling. and if that is the case then you should close the class to county only tractors..
Whats the casting number on it? I will check it and see if it shows up in any 4xxx tractors. I will guarantee it will not!!! i doubt a 1/4 of the tractors that pulled were from Shelby county. Get over it.

Re: KY 2600 RPM Farm stock pulling is a joke October 07, 2012 10:25AM
way to go and own yourself las racing. try to cheat, get caught, and think there won't be people on here who know what they're talking about to call you out?
anyway like some of the others said put a 6, 8, or whatever mph speed limit on it and forget about all these complicated rules that require teching. if they want to spend 10-15 grand to go 8 mph and not do any better than the guys who spent $3500, let them.

Re: KY 2600 RPM Farm stock pulling is a joke October 06, 2012 04:10AM
What kind of tractor do you pull? what was the proublem with it? looks kinda like must not have been a johnny deere

Re: KY 2600 RPM Farm stock pulling is a joke October 06, 2012 07:06AM
Yes it was a John Deere but not a factory replacement block 8.1 liter in a 4255.

Re: KY 2600 RPM Farm stock pulling is a joke October 07, 2012 04:03PM
Larry you got to hook, I watched you go down the track if you knew how to drive the only thing that would have stopped you was the river. But you had a hot tractor and got beat by tractors that FARM. how many acres can the "4450" work a day?? At least now when you're hooking in Indiana you can pick it right up from Greg's...Why don't you haul it up to JD and let Brian tear into it? I'll put money down that it's not what you say it is, heck there's enough 2010 combines in Shelby Co we can replace the motor if it falls apart just like your arguments...youre like the fat kid who buys all the sports equiptmemt but at the end of the day you still suck and cry cause people are better then you and don't feel like anyone else should play

Re: KY 2600 RPM Farm stock pulling is a joke October 06, 2012 07:21AM
You forgot your Deere was in violation of this rule:

2) Each tractor must look standard for its year, make and model and appear out of the field

I am certain Massey Furgeson 35 lift arms, stickers for lights, cut frame rails to fit diffrent engine blocks in, 6 point racing seats and numerous other violations means that rule alone would dq you. We intend farm stock to be for farm tractors that are turned up or slightly modified so people can get interested and get started tractor pulling. Every other tractor that was there had engine blocks that matched at least what the tractors were decaled as besides yours. What you must not understand about rule #12 (no factory substitutions or replacement engines allowed) is the engine in your tractor was NEVER used in any tractor much less a tractor where the block is part of the tractor frame. You claimed your engine was out of a 2010 combine which means it is a non structural and thus not a tractor block. Not only that it would mean it was an 8.1L as Deere had quit using the 7.6L motor long before that. What you must not understand is that in the 80's the Deere combines and the tractors used the same blocks and heads so many of the tractors pulling do have engines that came out of combines but that is because those are easier to find in salvage yards, but that same engine/block could have been in a tractor. So it isn't a matter of where the engine came from it is a matter of if it would be the right engine for the tractor. The lines have to be drawn on the grey areas we allow and you were way over the line in a lot of areas and thus were dq'd. You also lied claiming you sent somebody half way across the state to get Deere lift arms to put on your tractor when you had been told hours earlier those jokes you had on there wouldn't pass but in reality you said later you got them off another tractor that was there pulling. The rules were not made up they were written down and there was a copy on the announcers stand for signup.Your tractor was legal to pull in the hot farm class but you neglected to pull in it for some reason??? We had a class for tractors just like yours and yet you didn't want to pull in it!! You wanted to whine about not getting to pull in the farm stock class and bitched about the factory intercooler on the tractor that spent all day disking the track up for the pulls at henry county. That tractor is not built and is used like that all the time, its a legit farm tractor and probably one of the most stock in the class including working A/C. You claimed you have to change your oil after every pull. If we hook it to that 20foot disk and use it all day how long you think it will last like that??? I am pretty sure you pulled at Henry County in the spring and I teched you and you were fine. Then you went and spent a bunch of money with Greg Lamb building a farm stock tractor, put the wrong engine in it for a tractor, lost half the factory parts off it, and want to cry about being treated unfairly. You also want to complain about there being diffrent rules at diffrent places. I suggest if you want consistent rules DONT PULL FARM STOCK!!! Build a hot farm and run an organization then the rules and tech guys are the same everyplace you go and you won't have problems, ITS THAT SIMPLE. We consistently have a lot of tractors pull with us because we don't allow tractors like yours to pull.

Re: KY 2600 RPM Farm stock pulling is a joke October 06, 2012 11:47AM
so I can buy a hyper block and put it in my 1066 but i can't put an 8.1 in a 4440 those are some great rules.

Re: KY 2600 RPM Farm stock pulling is a joke October 07, 2012 05:03AM
Wow Larry you're and idiot...just because you spend a bunch of money on you're tractor and still get waxed by tractors that belong in that class doesn't mean you have to cry about it...you're pulling an 8.1 we all knew it maybe if you didn't come to the scales and tech 15 times you could have been a little less incognito, but you had to come up there with you're lopey 8.1 with the racing seat showing off trying to play new guy in the pulling game and idk anything. You ought to put a fox sticker on there cause I'm sure it's a hell of a racer, and a tapout sticker cause you're such a bad mother and gonna whip everyones ass...I would have thought after bending over so many people in the used truck biz you'd be better at lying and cheating...Was John Deere out of lift arms the day they built yours and had to go get little baby Massey arms? You're hydraulic hose return line off that shiney a pump was bigger then those dinky things...you claim to go by the rules but you don't it's simple Larry yes you replaced you're lift arms and if you weren't cheating elsewhere I'd commend you for that but you even tried to cause a scene when you were called out on the at you're 1st or 2nd weigh in...fact is everyone else was in the rules and teyre happy and enjoy pulling where "these people" work at...get you're head outta you're ass and stop making excuses, get in the rules or build for another class...

Re: KY 2600 RPM Farm stock pulling is a joke October 06, 2012 07:02AM
Larry like I have told you before I don't have a problem with any body, and don't know a thing about the deeres. But what I was told is that your motor is not the Factory replacement for your tractor. But if they told you could pull you should have been able to pull. This is exactly why my block is still the original block for the tractor. Hope you can get every thing worked out.

Re: KY 2600 RPM Farm stock pulling is a joke October 06, 2012 01:09PM
Put a speed limit on the farm classes and to heck with all of those nit picky rules..... that is a never ending battle...

Re: KY 2600 RPM Farm stock pulling is a joke October 06, 2012 05:11PM
Kta you sound like a real winner or is that a weiner

Re: KY 2600 RPM Farm stock pulling is a joke October 07, 2012 03:43AM
No matter which way you look at it, you were illegal. An 8.1 isn't a 466. Never has been, never will be. It's funny, in Versailles this year you were complaining how farm stock tractors were too hot and accused pullers of switching decals while sitting on your 4430 with sycro range transmission at the time. Your tractor had a built pump, a pusher pump, and a fuel cell. Flash forward, you have a "4450," an electric shifter, and an 8.1L motor. Your S/N tag is still on your tractor too. Hey pot, have you met kettle? I like how you throw everyone one under the bus while you are the only one to blame. Are you a fan of Billy Clyde much? Bryan didn't single you out. He dq'd you because you were illegal. Don't worry though, just go back to Greg Lamb, spend more money and make your tractor legal. I'm just glad you were finally smart enough to put a decent set of tires on your tractor. You're finally learning. Next week's assignment will be for you to read the rules.

Re: KY 2600 RPM Farm stock pulling is a joke October 07, 2012 08:57AM
The top 3 tractors from each class were teched after the pull. They passed. There's no box on the sled so you can't read RPM going down the track. They only can read RPM with no load which can be completely different if you have had someone (or if you know how to) build a pump for you. Next year that might be different, but to me that sounds extreme for a farm stock class. However, it would catch people who have different max RPM with a load, but I wonder if it would be too much of a hassle for pullers who actually have a farm stock tractor, if there is such a thing anymore. I see both sides of the argument and knowing either way all pullers won't be happy.

Re: KY 2600 RPM Farm stock pulling is a joke October 07, 2012 04:03AM
I think that Cody has the right Idea. All the B.S. about checking everything under the sun is a waste of time and money. You put a speed limit on the class and everyone is on a even playing field. If you have a IH and you pulling a higher gear than high 2nd, or a deere in higher than 6th its not anything close to stock. 12 mph is fast enough to catch them all.

Re: KY 2600 RPM Farm stock pulling is a joke October 07, 2012 05:56AM
what about the Ist three tractors that placed in 11000 and 13000 with their rpms? they sounded like they were over 2600. how come they were not DQ? Were they running a box on sled to check rpm? If not they need to run rpm box on sled if they want to be fair with everyone.

Re: KY 2600 RPM Farm stock pulling is a joke October 07, 2012 08:46AM
Rpm boxes are junk and unreliable. As far as sound goes you cant go off that. Thats like dqing a tractor for having to much fuel in the tank. The only reliable way to keep Rpms under control is check is hand tach before and after the pull with someone watching to see if it goes againt the stop on the pump. Besides i didnt know farm stock tractors came with Rpm mpu's with a cords going back to the rear to plug into. If it did wheres it gonna plug into? The hay rake? Lol

Re: KY 2600 RPM Farm stock pulling is a joke October 07, 2012 10:53AM
For those of you that want to pull BORING speed limit pulls you go right ahead. We put on a good show for the crowd with a little speed and smoke. ol George putting an 8.1L block in a 4440 is just like you putting a truck engine in your 1066.If you want to make a 466 out of your stock block nobody is gonna cry about it. Where were you friday night ? There was only one red tractor in the 11000 and i think none in the 13000. We thought you would be there. Now about Larry Stigers, Greg Lamb and some other guys told Larry that block would not look right in his tractor and would cause trouble but i guess he thinks he should get special treatment. The block is just the start of what is not legal on that tractor starting with his turbo. The truth is we have a lot of good people that pull with us every pull and never had any trouble till Stigers started pulling this year. When he was getting his butt kicked at Henry and Woodford counties he was calling the winners cheaters. Larry the best thing you can do is take your lying , cheating, whinning -ss somewhere else and stay away from our pulls. You should be pulling in altered farm . With all the mouthing you have done to the wrong people it might not be safe for you to show up anymore

ol George October 07, 2012 11:41AM
Hey, I don't think the Ol George that commented here earlier is actually anyone with the IH 1066 tractor named Ol Goerge. That guy is from Tennessee and was just making a statement in the mix of things.

Re: KY 2600 RPM Farm stock pulling is a joke October 07, 2012 03:12PM
Sounds like limestone JD might get a new parts man, that engine in a 466cu.block,55 series head and a 850 A pump, he was told different to see how smart he was, he never looked at the #'s , he's wrong, the point is i was told i could pull, that's all, if i got 1,2 or 3rd and was not legal then DQ me. Lot of great comment's, but i will run in indiana and all the other states and other places in KY. try it it's very fun, less rules make it simple, sorry for the local KY. farmer's there and want to pull, but the same guy's win every pull with this group, don't get me wrong some of them are legal and other's don't pass the rules there using in there little area the play in.Good luck to the honest guy's in the future.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2012 03:15PM by LAS Racing.

Re: KY 2600 RPM Farm stock pulling is a joke October 07, 2012 03:25PM
Just what indiana needs. Guess make a class for him, the black john deere and 640 cubes from marshall ill. That would be quite interesting.

Re: KY 2600 RPM Farm stock pulling is a joke October 08, 2012 02:40PM
indiana fords would love this class

Re: KY 2600 RPM Farm stock pulling is a joke October 08, 2012 06:21PM
I believe the point farm stock puller was trying to make that all those JD tractors use a quad range transmission. The gears may be different, but most of the parts are interchangeable.

Re: KY 2600 RPM Farm stock pulling is a joke October 07, 2012 03:27PM
Don't forget Spencer County next week!

Re: KY 2600 RPM Farm stock pulling is a joke October 07, 2012 04:25PM
Your grammar of there/they're/their is as bad as your pulling skills. There is only one tech guy that checks the motor (not RPM) so no one before the pull cleared you to be legal. It's their rules so follow them. They're right and you're wrong.

Re: KY 2600 RPM Farm stock pulling is a joke October 07, 2012 11:49PM
Lets correct something the same tractors do not win these classes all the time. In the 11000 and 13000 the last 2 years we had a couple of Deere's and IH's battle it out. This year we had a Ford , a JD 4055 battle it out all year with a JD 4430 come on strong at the end of the year. All won classes. We have a JD 4440 with cab that is farmed every day that is very tough in the 13000 class. In the 9000 class the last 5 years have seen 4 different tractors kind of dominate each of those years. Sometimes it is just a different set of tires or someone stepping up the power on the tractor but is that not what tractor pulling is all about trying figure out how to beat the guy who is beating you ??? That is what makes this sport so much fun. But you still have to do it in the rules.Mr Stigers has only been around these pulls this year so he has not seen these classes evolve the way the rest of us have. We have a great bunch of pullers that all get along and we have a lot of fun . We have Deere's, IH's, Ford's, Case , Olivers and it makes for a good show.

Re: KY 2600 RPM Farm stock pulling is a joke October 08, 2012 01:19AM
I was at shelbyville, yes stigers tractor is not right but the rules say no factory replacement engines, so why is a 466 in a 4430 with different decals legal. Also there have been some 1066s with 466 in the past. I have seen plenty of tractors with lift arms off of small tractors. The rules also say 2.3 turbo with no slugs, thats definetely not being enforced. Point is either enforce rules for all or let them pull. The stigers tractor may push the rules a little more than others but all you did was dq him for cheating more than the others.

Re: KY 2600 RPM Farm stock pulling is a joke October 08, 2012 09:13AM
When someone switches decals, they're running a 466. What Stigers did was put an 8.1 motor in from a combine that never was in a tractor. It's not even a 466. That is two different things. Stigers is just lying more to make everyone think he got screwed. At least when other people switch decals, they're using the correct block. If Stigers wasn't such an intolerable person, people might be more lenient. Nobody cares if someone cheats and NEVER finishes in the money.

Re: KY 2600 RPM Farm stock pulling is a joke October 08, 2012 01:05PM
Spectator I have a tractor that pulls with this group and i would like for you to show me all these tractors with lift arms off small tractors and turbo slugs in them. i have had my head under the hood of several of these tractors and have not seen these slugs or the small lift arms. Please show me these tractors because i must be too blind too see these things. The other thing about putting a 466 in a Jd 4430 it is simple economics. The rear end , transmission, hi-lo and clutch on a 4230,4430, 4055 and 4250 are basically the same. It would be much easier to just go out and buy a 4055 or 4250 but who pulling farm stock has $25000 plus to buy a tractor to pull ? If we had that kind of money we would all be pulling hot farm. You can buy a little rough but decent 4230 or 4430 for $7000 -$8000 range if you shop and look hard enough. Also finding an open station 4055 or 4250 is like finding hens teeth. There is a lot of 4230 and 4430 tractors out there with a lot of hours on them that would make great pullers so why take a nice high dollar farm tractor and put it on the track? This same situation goes for the IH guys with the 1066. Cheap tractor with great power for the money. same can be said for the 8000 and 9000 series Ford tractors. Jason Smith is as tough as any tractor in these classes

Re: KY 2600 RPM Farm stock pulling is a joke October 08, 2012 02:37PM
the transmission,hi /lo and finals are not the same in 30.40 and especially not 50 /55 series ,they are totaly different

Re: KY 2600 RPM Farm stock pulling is a joke October 10, 2012 10:02AM
Where can I get a copy of the rules for this class. I am thinking of coming down there to pull next year.

Re: KY 2600 RPM Farm stock pulling is a joke October 10, 2012 03:08PM
Give Jimmy Hance a call at Jacobi Sales in Shelbyville Ky, or try 502-220-6016. The Spencer County, or the Shelby and Henry County Fair web site might have the rules.

Re: KY 2600 RPM Farm stock pulling is a joke October 12, 2012 01:40PM
Whats the odds that Larry Stigers will show up at Spencer County on Saturday.

Re: KY 2600 RPM Farm stock pulling is a joke October 13, 2012 06:17AM
maybe with his bodyguards tractor

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,613, Posts: 229,669, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,064, Posts: 225,890.

Our newest member JD_8520