tomah track June 22, 2013 09:27AM
If tomah is suppose to be this big professional tractor pull, why don't they cover the track at nights to try and keep that track some what decent and consistent when it rains as much as it does there. I have seen other places cover tracks that size. Watching that super farm class today was a joke on being fair. If you didn't pull early you didn't have a chance!

Re: tomah track June 22, 2013 10:24AM
I would like to know where you find a more consistant track? To me tracks have gone down in general all over. I would guess the Tomah track is just too big to cover. It is thick so they can shave the top off before each show if they get a ton of rain. I think more of the changing track is the number of pullers in each class at Tomah even though numbers are down some. I thought the Tomah track was great on Friday. Saturday maybe not so good. If you want to cover it you need to cover the whole thing with one piece and have it pitched so it drains off. If not you will still end up with bad spots. Tomah is still one of the better tracks. Nothing is perfect. Maybe somebody smarter than me will come up with a good idea what to do. If you are in a class of 20-50 you might not do so good even if you win all the time at smaller pulls. These guys know that going in to Tomah.

Re: tomah track June 22, 2013 11:19AM
At least they don't roll over and cancel a pull at the first sign of a little cloud like ppl does....

Re: tomah track June 22, 2013 12:56PM
Too big? I watched them cover 3 tracks in made, nl in 10min!!! I never understood why ntpa doesn't bring along a track tarp to these grand national events.? If they aren't gonna pay worth a darn at least they could save the pullers some fuel money every once & a while

Re: tomah track June 22, 2013 02:22PM
In hazel green the track was covered and stopped raining 15 minutes before show time and still got canceled. So no one cares about a tarp!

Re: tomah track June 23, 2013 02:05AM
thats the luck or unluck of the draw.

Re: tomah track June 23, 2013 02:46PM
When there are 40 some hooks in the class I don't think there is any way to keep the track consistent unless you pull indoors. I thought the the track friday was good. The 3 tractors that got in the pulloff were only a couple feet behind their first pass so it seemed pretty consistent to me. When the classes get that big it becomes a luck of the draw class.

Re: tomah track June 26, 2013 03:57AM
I saw the pictures of Tomah they made the right call you couldn't of pulled in that weather I just think that you should be as prepared as possible to get a show in if possible. Clearly at Tomah it wasn't. I was just speaking in general terms so I don't see why we need to get hostile I'm not thowing Tomah under the bus I'm just speaking from experience I've seen.

Re: tomah track June 24, 2013 02:27AM
Chapel Hill has a tarp and isn't afraid to use it. I've been there several times when they've used it and it works great I've seen heavy rain fall and with the track covered it just takes a few extra passes with the scrapper tractors and the track is in pullable shape again.

Re: tomah track June 24, 2013 02:57AM
What difference does it make to cover the damn track when your knee deep in mud and water in the pits and staging area, we don't want to drag thousands of dollars worth of our equiptment through that.

Re: tomah track June 24, 2013 03:30AM
AMEN!!! I was just thinking the same thing. Its not always the track conditions that cause a rain out. If you can't get a tractor to the track it wont make much sense to have the track dry!

Re: tomah track June 25, 2013 02:31AM
Obviously you weren't there Will, If you think a passing shower is all tomah got all weekend you have no clue what your talking about. Every hauler on the grounds had to be towed out. The pits and staging area were way to soft for everyone to drag there machines through. BTW Will it sounds to me like you assume the track would be the problem when that wasnt the case. I would like to know how many other pulls could get 5 inches of rain in 48 hours and still run 4 1/2 shows.

Re: tomah track June 25, 2013 12:04PM
unfortunately Tomah seems to have a history of bad luck as far as storms go when (and this part is for you will) the semis are already there and parked. I will never forget the time in the late 90s when that massive storm/tornado went through there on sat night after the pull was over. everything was under water. I know they wouldn't make people drag there haulers through mud if they didn't have to.

Re: tomah track June 25, 2013 02:17AM
Clearly if it's a swamp on the grounds you should call the pull but a passing shower shouldn't wash out a show as big as Tomah

Re: tomah track June 25, 2013 02:34AM
Will you sound real smart! Go spend $150,000.00 and drag it through 4 inches of mud so we can all watch. Dumb$hit needs to think before he talks. Chapel Hill can cover there precious track all they want but if no one can get to the track whats the point?

Re: tomah track June 25, 2013 10:00AM
Trust me, ther were no "passing showers" in Tomah this past weekend--well, maybe there was on second thought-- one passed through, then another one, then another one, then still another one, but they weren't showers!! I am just glad we got out Saturday evening when we did, because about 45 minutes down the road or so, it rained and then was wet just about all the way to the Illinois line. JW

hey banker June 25, 2013 03:12PM
From one extreme to the other. Enlighten all of us on how crop insurance is going to pan out this year! Do you remember LAST YEAR?

Re: hey banker June 26, 2013 12:15AM
Simple, you pay 33% of the premium and taxpayers pay 66%. Did not change yet. Get paid if you grow something or not. Then you go buy a new pickup or pulling tractor and complain about people on welfare or unemployment. Then you go on to say people should take care of themselves and about the free market will work its self out. Must remember to get religion in there too. 88 and humid today. Corn should grow 8-10" today.

Re: hey banker June 26, 2013 01:57AM
Hey banker are you as big of a jacka** in person as you are on this forum, god I hope not.

Re: hey banker June 26, 2013 02:26AM
real nice r1, you must be a farmer and tractor puller, calling banker a jack--- for telling the truth, I quess it must have touched a nerv, because it is true.

Re: hey banker June 26, 2013 04:27AM
I think what people are not thinking about is the fact that this year is extremely wet almost all over therefore causing most crops to be planted really late or a lot of acres not even planted at all. This will really effect the economy not so much now but next year will probably hurt. Ya there is crop insurance but preventive plant only covers like 60% of whatever you have it insured for so say you have 75% coverage that means you only get 60% of that coverage so not even half a crop. Like it or not the farm economy literally effects the whole world too. Saying that all farmers sit at their mailbox waiting for government checks so they can go buy a new truck is the most ignorant thing I've ever heard. 1) those payments may help some but don't even begin to cover the cost to put a crop in 2) they didn't even give those payments out this year due to no new farm bill being passed yet. Long story short this is a pulling thread not a bash board, anymore you cant believe 85% of the junk on here.

Re: hey banker June 26, 2013 03:09PM
Banker
Simple, you pay 33% of the premium and taxpayers pay 66%. Did not change yet. Get paid if you grow something or not. Then you go buy a new pickup or pulling tractor and complain about people on welfare or unemployment. Then you go on to say people should take care of themselves and about the free market will work its self out. Must remember to get religion in there too. 88 and humid today. Corn should grow 8-10" today.
I actually said all that? I don't think my 301 is new, but it is something you probably don't want to see.

Re: tomah track June 26, 2013 06:00AM
I'm not saying the tarp was the solution in the case of Tomah I saw picture it was flooded out no tarp would save that. But the original question was why don't they have a tarp and I was providing an example of how it has worked well at other events.

I don't see how that makes me a Dumb $H!T and do not appreciate the uneeded personal attack. We're all just here to talk about a sport we enjoy and if this is the tone people are going to talk I'll just shut up and add pulloff to the list of sites not worth visiting, which is a shame since that's not what Jake and Dick intend this site to be and it's one of the few out there covering pulling.

I'm not a puller I'm just a fan however I understand that it can be tough on the crews when it rains, but if I'm a fan and I spend the $$$ it takes to go to a pull on the level of a Tomah I want to know everything was done that can be done to get the show in and thus that's why the tarp in a good idea. It wouldn't of worked this year but it is a good idea.

Re: tomah track June 26, 2013 07:29AM
Bad idea for Tomah. The hot pit area will always be the worst part of the layout at Tomah. Some places, yes, the tarp is a good idea.
For Tomah, not so much.

Re: tomah track June 26, 2013 12:09PM
come to thunder in the valley you c a good show will worth the drive people are friendly and they serve the best pork loin sandwiches

Re: tomah track June 27, 2013 11:06AM
i agree with tractor pull fan rock valley is no tomah but not much is if you want to see a very well ran pull with a great track and venue that was built specifically for pulling come to rock valley thers always a good mixture of ntpa and outlaw rigs and alot of hooks for both shows besides wisner one of the best shows this side of the mississippi

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,613, Posts: 229,668, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,064, Posts: 225,889.

Our newest member JD_8520