Water Injection dash light August 25, 2013 02:53PM
What is the easiest way to get a warning light hooked up on the dash to alert you when the water comes on or when it reaches a certain pressure? I'm using a simpson valve setup just having trouble finding a high pressure sending unit/switch to wire a light up to.

Re: Water Injection dash light August 25, 2013 03:30PM
Hook the wire from the light to the pressure switch that activates the water pump.

Re: Water Injection dash light August 25, 2013 03:52PM
If he is running a Simpson system, there probably isn't a pressure switch. It would be a mechanical vickers pump. Call max, he will get you what you need.

Re: Water Injection dash light August 26, 2013 01:40AM
I use a low pressure sending unit like you would use that comes on for low oil pressure. I have it plumbed into the water injection manifold. When the tractor is running but not pulling, this light is on. When I'm on the starting line accelerating, I watch to make sure the light goes out. As soon as I build enough boost for the Simpson valve to open the water pressure in the manifold turns the light off. If it doesn't go off, I don't have water at the manifold.

Re: Water Injection dash light August 26, 2013 12:02PM
I bought my system from Max. He had the switches and a diagram. He uses a single pole double throw pressure switch, so the light is on, as the system starts to inject water the light goes off. Max said he uses this as a fail safe, no burnt out lights when water is on, if the switch goes bad, the light won't go off, and you don't hurt anything. Max is a great person to deal with. Give him a call.

Re: Water Injection dash light August 26, 2013 12:23PM
To me the only real fail safe is to have the light come on with the water.

I know chances are really low to lose all 12 v power at the time you are lighting it making your light go out, and thats the one time your water doesnt come on. But you can loose all 12 v power the other way and or have light go bad and it doesnt come on and you error to the safe side assuming water didn't come on.

But agree Max is the man and usually goes above and beyond.

COO for OTTPA

www.outlawpulling.com

www.truck-specialties.com

Schaeffer Oil Representative

[www.schaefferoil.com]

Re: Water Injection dash light August 27, 2013 06:02AM
Also, I think the setup Max uses is a high pressure switch (300 - 400 psi) that is plumbed into the water distribution block. That way you know there is pressure in the lines and theoretically against the nozzles. I believe ours is a Nason XP-2C-300R pressure switch that can be set up for normally open or normally closed.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,600, Posts: 229,647, Members: 3,323.
This forum: Topics: 37,061, Posts: 225,878.

Our newest member JD_8520