Injecting Nitrous August 29, 2010 04:35AM
How can u determine if a tractor is injecting nitrous? Besides winning by 50 feet, are there any signs that are a dead giveaway?

Re: Injecting Nitrous August 29, 2010 05:31AM
If they are injecting a lot of nitrous, the dead giveaway is after the run the engine will giggle and laugh hysterically.

Re: Injecting Nitrous August 29, 2010 05:53AM
GrinningGrinningGrinningGrinning

Re: Injecting Nitrous August 29, 2010 08:23AM
A snapping or crackling noise is a dead givaway. If a tractor runs gears close to what everybody else is running and other tractors snuff on occasion and that one never does. If it is with a group of tactors that are well tuned and it is 50' ahead like you said. Look for the tractor to smoke bad at idle and when starting to rev up. If they are using alot of NOS they will need fuel to not run too lean. The sniffer can check for extra O2 in the crank case, but you allmost need to be checking at the end of the run almost while you are spinning out or snuffing. Some guys run CO2 into the crank case to cancel out high O2 in the crankase or if you would take an oil sample to test. Many many people have ran and are running NOS and gotten away with it. Hard to catch since people will go to any length to cheat. Hide the bottle in the water tank. Thats been proven. In any tranny housing. Rear ends. Oil pans. Big valve covers-sneeky Pete. It is only cheating if you get caught. I don't know if your group travels. If you are away from home after 2 or 3 pulls and on the next pull the tractor looks to be down 200hp the bottle may be empty or to low on pressure based on temps. Big bottles need purging. You can get creative drilling holes through housing and internal lines and wiring. NOS is like no other cheating or pushing rules to the limit. It is the ultimate cheating. If you get caught with NOS you should be kicked out for life and all the way through your great great grandkids. Many groups do so little checking some guys don't even hid it very well. I saw a bottle "hid" right behind the side shield. A machine shop in WI was very good setting up and installing systems. I don't know if they are still into it or not. I was "propositioned" at leaste 3 times I had been there to pick up parts. I have not gotten anything from that shop for about 5 years so I don't know if they are still into this. Can I ask what group are you from? For Heavens sake don't name the person you think may be cheating. Jake will have a snit and delete your post. Some people think NOS is not in tractor pulling. Call 5 NOS system manufacturers and ask for a setup for trator pulling. 4 of them will have a kit ready to go that day. A dyno proven kit. They will also tell you how good NOS works with diesels. By the way propane does very well with diesel. Almost as good as NOS only harder to detect. Put propane on a diesel pickup and you can go up a mountian in MT with a 5th wheel camper and not even loose a mph. Like a pulling tractor that never comes down on the end of the track even on clay.

Re: Injecting Nitrous August 29, 2010 09:31AM
Very interesting. The rest of the class is very close, almost flip a coin to find the winner each night, unless this guy shows up, then everyone else is running for 2nd place. Alot of people are sick of getting beat down by this guy!!!! It doesn't really crackle but it does "sneeze" out the intake all the way down the track and it doesn't loose speed or stumble, it builds speed the farther he goes!!!

Re: Injecting Nitrous August 29, 2010 10:12AM
Building speed down the track would sound to be a big charger, however they tend to fall hard and snuff right at the end wherever the end of the pull would be. I hope somebody else can help you on here as far as how to test so you can get it into the rules for next year.

Re: Injecting Nitrous August 29, 2010 11:37AM
Probably just running better pump and turbo than everyone else.

Re: Injecting Nitrous August 29, 2010 11:46AM
Everyone has the same charger. Been teched and certified, so thats not it.

Re: Injecting Nitrous August 29, 2010 12:04PM
Have you checked his water?? Maybe he's got some alky in there. Not sure about the chirping propane popping off maybe .

Re: Injecting Nitrous Better Parts August 29, 2010 12:26PM
I belive his post was called inspecting nitrous. He is going on the assumption the tractor has nos. If he is correct or not he is asking what or how to look for nos. So if better parts was what he was seeking information on I think he would have asked that question. NOS is alive and out there in tractor pulling so it should be looked into. If nos is a dead end for you look in the direction of the water. Follow the lines and make sure one tank. Very powerful usefull things can be added to water. If you guys all have the same charger all the tractors should be pretty close.

Re: Injecting Nitrous Better Parts August 29, 2010 12:34PM
No water injection, not allowed. 466, 3LM charger. 10mm A pump.

Re: Injecting Nitrous Better Parts August 29, 2010 02:49PM
Has anyone checked pumps and is it a box stock 3lm

Re: Injecting Nitrous Better Parts August 29, 2010 03:39PM
Out of the box 3LM, everyone HAS the same charger. Don't know about the pump, but knowing how things get handled i would highly doubt it.

Re: Injecting Nitrous Better Parts August 30, 2010 02:02AM
just come to a midsouth pull and you can see first hand how good it works,from at the bottom to strolling everyone even the gn champ.

Re: Injecting Nitrous Better Parts August 30, 2010 02:13AM
Has this tractor been cubed????

Re: Injecting Nitrous Better Parts August 30, 2010 03:28AM
No it has not been checked. Sad

Re: Injecting Nitrous Better Parts August 30, 2010 08:26AM
just a few things before I lose my sanity.. NOS= brand name... nitrous oxide, nitrous, spray, shot, etc... is a better way to put it. nitrous is introducing more oxygen to the combustion chamber, its not actually flammable. propane is a fuel, so 2 different ideas. adding both is ALOT of fun tho. can the turbo be tuned at all? I am sure the inlets and outlets are a certain size, but can the turbines be at a different pitch? I've seen some sneaky nitrous set ups on gas tractors before, such as running the nitrous line inside the fuel line

Re: Injecting Nitrous Better Parts August 30, 2010 10:00AM
Sorry do you work for NOS? Am I in trouble for using their tradmark? When I drag raced everybody called it NOS. They were about the only manufacturer out there at the time. I guess I am just that old. I do not spell the best either. Nitrious does add O2 and lets you burn more fuel. More power. I do not have exact numbers so lets just say I am kinda close on what I am going to say. Diesel fuel is like 30 some percent efficient as far as getting the btus out of an engine as power. Propane is a fuel, but when run in a diesel engine with diesel fuel it acts as a cytalist to make more of the diesel fuel burn getting more btus and power out of the engine. So either one is making more of the diesel fuel burn. So they are different and yet act very much the same. By act I mean they will make a tractor or truck "hang on" when you need it. Like at the end of a pull or going up a hill.

Re: Injecting Nitrous Better Parts August 30, 2010 12:46PM
its just one of those pet peeves that some people have. that one is one of my worst. hearing kids running around calling nitrous nawwwws after that damn fast and furious movie came out... sorry.

Re:dixie isn't the problem in midsouth August 30, 2010 10:39AM
Dixie isn't your problem in the mid south, it's the guys who have been last for 2 years and now are all of a sudden the baddest around. That Nitrus sure does make a super farm run. It all started with those guys who brought that water down there

Re: Re:dixie isn't the problem in midsouth August 30, 2010 01:03PM
did you read the post it is not dixie. they are getting beat by some tractors that have never been on the dyno. that ran middle to back of pack and now top five or winning and by the way the water was legal last year.

Re: Injecting Nitrous May 29, 2013 01:04PM
Big Shot
A snapping or crackling noise is a dead givaway. If a tractor runs gears close to what everybody else is running and other tractors snuff on occasion and that one never does. If it is with a group of tactors that are well tuned and it is 50' ahead like you said. Look for the tractor to smoke bad at idle and when starting to rev up. If they are using alot of NOS they will need fuel to not run too lean. The sniffer can check for extra O2 in the crank case, but you allmost need to be checking at the end of the run almost while you are spinning out or snuffing. Some guys run CO2 into the crank case to cancel out high O2 in the crankase or if you would take an oil sample to test. Many many people have ran and are running NOS and gotten away with it. Hard to catch since people will go to any length to cheat. Hide the bottle in the water tank. Thats been proven. In any tranny housing. Rear ends. Oil pans. Big valve covers-sneeky Pete. It is only cheating if you get caught. I don't know if your group travels. If you are away from home after 2 or 3 pulls and on the next pull the tractor looks to be down 200hp the bottle may be empty or to low on pressure based on temps. Big bottles need purging. You can get creative drilling holes through housing and internal lines and wiring. NOS is like no other cheating or pushing rules to the limit. It is the ultimate cheating. If you get caught with NOS you should be kicked out for life and all the way through your great great grandkids. Many groups do so little checking some guys don't even hid it very well. I saw a bottle "hid" right behind the side shield. A machine shop in WI was very good setting up and installing systems. I don't know if they are still into it or not. I was "propositioned" at leaste 3 times I had been there to pick up parts. I have not gotten anything from that shop for about 5 years so I don't know if they are still into this. Can I ask what group are you from? For Heavens sake don't name the person you think may be cheating. Jake will have a snit and delete your post. Some people think NOS is not in tractor pulling. Call 5 NOS system manufacturers and ask for a setup for trator pulling. 4 of them will have a kit ready to go that day. A dyno proven kit. They will also tell you how good NOS works with diesels. By the way propane does very well with diesel. Almost as good as NOS only harder to detect. Put propane on a diesel pickup and you can go up a mountian in MT with a 5th wheel camper and not even loose a mph. Like a pulling tractor that never comes down on the end of the track even on clay.

Re: Injecting Nitrous May 30, 2013 06:00AM
Bigshot here knows his stuff. I could ad some stuff, but he has done a good job explaining it. Very hard to catch. I have hear it run on the dyno. The snapping crackle pop noise is correct. I can't remember witch brand it was, but he told them what he was running and the parts they sent him were for 50, 100, and 200 hp. On the dyno that is almost to the number what it gave him. They told him %s that he would need to turn the fuel up. With the 200 hp parts it did not want to idle well. We went outside and it was smoking bad and seemed to have raw fuel in the exhaust. He did run bigger injectors with that setup. The diesel shop he goes to knew right what to set him up with. So it is out there and people are using it. My neighbor and I built a SF about 15 years ago for a guy. He wanted all the engine parts from a certian manufacture. So we go to pick up the parts. In his shop after about 5 minutes he wants to sell us nos and is even telling us how to hide it and that hard to check for it. At that time this guy was building many green PS that were on top. I also know an orginization that has caught a couple guys over the years, but is was taken care of quietly and the pullers just kinda went away. Bigshot is right about the c02 and that you have to sniff for it while spinning out. Talk to drag racers. They know alot about it. Now diesel pick up guys know alot about it.

Re: Injecting Nitrous May 31, 2013 04:00AM
How would a diesel NA motor benefit from Nos or propane would the results be the same as a turbo motor or no .I don't have much exprience with it I am just wondering?? Thanks for any response

Re: Injecting Nitrous May 31, 2013 09:21AM
Nitrous is a turbo in a bottle- so I would expect a NA tractor would benefit substantially from it. You are unlikely to get the 200hp gains being claimed by some previous posters, but I would venture a guess that with proper fuel tuning you could gain 50% or more. The biggest problem with running nitrous is that high hp setups are typically wet systems- adding nitrous PLUS more fuel. Adding nitrous only is a dry system, and with a mechanical pump you would be over fueled until the nitrous hits, then possibly under-fueled with nitrous. Under fueling while using nitrous is BAD.

Re: Injecting Nitrous October 08, 2013 02:14PM
Would nitrous flame up at the end of a track when they restarted the tractor after it snuffed out ?

Re: Injecting Nitrous October 08, 2013 02:46PM
Don't know weather nitrous will do that but have seen tractors completely choke out and not be running and having a two or three foot flame burning out. Not a rocket scientist but that is something burning off that has been injected.

Re: Injecting Nitrous October 08, 2013 03:35PM
Nitrous does not burn, its just, oxygen, air. Any flame would be from raw fuel, not nitrous.Confused

Re: Injecting Nitrous October 08, 2013 03:58PM
Could be injecting methaol along with water. Methaol would burn off.

Re: Injecting Nitrous May 31, 2013 09:26AM
my 1468 ran better on it to the point where more did not matter .no more fuel to burn. probably 200 hp pump setting running on all eight all the time .did go to high second spining out not bad for na tractor

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,613, Posts: 229,668, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,064, Posts: 225,889.

Our newest member JD_8520