mmttpa new tractor class December 10, 2012 02:45PM
Does anyone know what the rules are for this new beginner tractor class they are having.

Re: mmttpa new tractor class December 11, 2012 01:04AM
I don't know what's been decided for sure but last I heard it was going to be like a 585 cu in, 2850 rpm, 3lm466 charger, p-pump class. I think they may have decided something Saturday night at the banquet but haven't heard anything one way or the other.

Re: mmttpa new tractor class December 11, 2012 09:16AM
What about safety equipment requirements.

Re: mmttpa new tractor class December 11, 2012 11:10AM
tire sizes and can you run cut tires?

Re: mmttpa new tractor class December 11, 2012 12:28PM
anyone know any more??

Re: mmttpa new tractor class -tentative rules December 12, 2012 03:03AM
Here are the rules we have come up with. Let me STRESS--these are tenative, and not finalized yet. We hope to have them finalized within a couple of weeks. Being pullers, we realize it takes time to build a puller, and are trying to get these finalized as soon as possible. We are trying to make this starter class as economical and cost effective as possible to draw new pullers into the sport and our association while still putting together a quality class for our promotors. And for those who think we are putting in to many safety regulations, that is something our association is not willing to skimp on, and is required by our insurance provider.

11,000lbs. max weight
585 cubic inch max motor displacement, diesel fuel only
3LM 466 box turbo
Injection pump can be up to a (P7100) Pump max
Max 2850 Rpms
- Must have working tach cable with 1 magnet (female connection from tractor) to hook to sled. CAN NOT tach more than 2850 RPM per tach box during pull. If the tach box records greater than 2850 RPM during the pull, that tractor will be disqualified, unless the tach box is determined to be inaccurate. If the tach box is inaccurate, alternate method of checking RPM will be a handheld tach at the end of the track. Person reading the tach box is responsible for decision of which tractors to hand check
-The consequence for exceeding the RPM limit are as follows: (1) first offense is forfeit prize money and all points (max of 16 points) for that class, (2) second offense is the same as for first offense, and (3) the third offense is 1 year and 1 day suspension for that tractor for all classes in which it competes. The first and second offenses in one weight class do not add to violations in the second class
Tractor must have at minimum a factory ROPS roll bar and seat belt. If running with anything other than a three bar roll cage, tractor MUST have fenders able to support the weight of the driver. Three bar roll cage and five point harness recommended, and an extra 250 pounds will be allowed if running a SFI three bar roll cage
No cut tires, max tire size 20.8 x38
No water/alcohol injection, propane injection, or nitrous
No inner coolers
Hitch point of drawbar cannot exceed twenty (20) inches above level ground.
Hitch point must be at least eighteen (18) inches back from center of rear axle.
Hitch must be not more than 1-1/2 “by 1-1/2 “square (1-1/2 round stock) nor less than 1” by 1” square (1” round stock) and with a round hole minimum of 3-3/4” diameter. Hook from sled must fall freely into hitch.
All weights must be secured on tractor; any object falling free of tractor during the pull is a disqualification.
Wheelie bars required, and must be able to support the weight of the tractor and be less than ten (10) inches above ground and extend past the radius of the tires.
Factory sheet metal must be in place to cover engine compartment.
Throttles must be of a dead man type setup or (double spring return to idle). One spring on hand throttle and one on injection pump.
Tractors must be equipped with a working air shut off. A 2 inch ring must be attached to the end, and be positioned 48 inches above point of hook, and be no more than six inches off center and must be able to be pulled from the driver’s seat and be able to freely be pulled completely away from tractor per sled requirement.
The exhaust pipe must have two (2) 3/8-inch bolts crossed to prevent turbo parts flying out.
PTO shafts must be covered or locked out.
All tractors will be equipped with a clutch blanket or min 5 inch wide by ½ inch thick steel band around bell housing
Drivers must wear a fire jacket and DOT helmet in a safe manner (jacket buttoned and helmet strap connected) during the pull, as well as leather boots or shoes. Fire pants and shoes recommended, but not required.
Tractor rear end and transmission must be stock appearing OEM, agriculture type, using OEM adaptor plates.
Front axle skid plate and engine side shields recommended, but not required
Rules to be locked in for 4 years (through 2016 pulling season, with the board of directors having the power to change rules at their discretion if there are any glaring discrepancies that need to be addressed)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2012 03:04AM by limproinmo.

Re: mmttpa new tractor class December 12, 2012 01:07PM
Sounds like a superfarm class not very economically and cost affected to allow a tractor to build big cubed and p7100 pump

Re: mmttpa new tractor class December 12, 2012 01:31PM
I repeat it is always going to be a red green show!

U cant change it off colors just dont have the numbers never have never will

Re: mmttpa new tractor class December 12, 2012 12:24PM
What kinda crap is that class ? HHHHMMMM catering to more of a RED +GREEN show again ; never fails with that bunch

Re: mmttpa new tractor class December 12, 2012 01:59PM
what do you mean red and green? 585 cubes sounds like a m-m g 1000. rules fit my tractor. am from iowa though and cant get a 3lm box turbo to keep my 466 "full" but thats a whole new thread

to - "what kinda stuff is that" and "once again" December 13, 2012 03:15AM
I shouln't even respond to this but people like you get under my skin. MMTTPA has as many Minnie's that pull with us regularly as we have John Deere's. We have a Duetz, Oliver, White, Massy Harris, a couple of Allis's as well as several Fords that pull along with the Binders. MMTTPA has about as colorful and quality show of tractors that you can find. So at least know what you are talking about before you start bashing an organization that you obviously know nothing about! And to pullaerac, you should read the rest of the rules before you judge. This class is no where close to a superfarm class. It is a starter class along the lines of what the Pro-Field class was ten years ago. $5000 to $8000 pullers and rims for a superfarm vs less than $1000 for set of uncut 20.8s. $5500 persicion turbo vs $500 box 3lm, the list goes on and on. If anyone wishes, please give constructive input. Suggestions are welcome. For those that just want to bash, post your name or please zip it. If anyone would like to call me to discuss this class please feel free. I have been appointed to get the rules lined out and finalized as quickly as possible. And for anyone wondering, I am not, and do not plan to build a tractor for this class, so I would like to think I am open to suggestions on the rules. One thing we will not bend on is the safety issues. Scott Luebbering, Smokin Stag. 573-619-8590

Re: to - "what kinda stuff is that" and "once again" December 13, 2012 05:57AM
Just as it gets under my skin that whenever a limit is suggested someone cries "it's just another red green show". I for one am not against having color in the class, however brand popularity, production numbers, availability of performance parts, etc etc, are proof that all classes will start out as biased towards red and green.

After looking through this season's results on the website it would appear that the red green theory is pretty well supported with the best overall mix of color coming in the 6500 light super class.

Re: to - "what kinda stuff is that" and "once again" December 13, 2012 06:08AM
So what cubic inch limit would you suggest to let in more color? Or not have a limit at all? And so you know, I pull in the 6500 LSS, and cubic inch limit is 650. Points winners were a Duetz 1, Oliver 2, and Minnie 3. And we put the limit at 585 for the new class so the minnie's can get in. I am open to suggestions

Re: to - "what kinda stuff is that" and "once again" December 13, 2012 10:15AM
I didn't see anything wrong with the rules posted for this class. My point mostly was that there isn't a cubic inch limit that is good for all brands best engine and somebody always has a complaint and the what kinda stuff comment set me off just like ours did you

Re: to - "what kinda stuff is that" and "once again" December 13, 2012 11:58AM
I would agree. You are not going to get a set of rules that will please everyone. There are people in the area that think it should be a 466 ci max class, and let the case 504 and minnie 585 in, but everyone else at 466. My thinking is that it should be the same across the board for everyone at 585, but am open to suggestions. The reason to let the minnies in is that there are three minnies in the area at 585 that have shown interest in the class, so the rules will be made to allow them to pull with us.

Re: mmttpa new tractor class December 13, 2012 04:41AM
sounds like theres good intent behind these rules, however in my opinion the cubes should be set were any brand can reach fairly reasonable.
I would think around 510 would suite best for a so called economical class. Some brands such as AC and ford would cost quite a bit to get to 585.
At 510 case can use the 504, moline 504, ford 456, and reach 510 easily. Oh well just my 2 cents.

Re: mmttpa new tractor class December 13, 2012 09:12AM
Did mid mo get rid of any class to add this one?? I hered they were going to drop a class

Re: mmttpa new tractor class December 13, 2012 11:08AM
Yes, the 3.0 truck class got cut.

Re: mmttpa new tractor class December 13, 2012 12:37PM
That's not a bad idea it was just the same 2.6 trucks jumping up. The new tractor class sounds good will they pull them at the start of the show??

Re: mmttpa new tractor class December 15, 2012 02:55AM
You took away a class everyone comes to see and put a red+ green class? Wheres the good idea there? Its the same tractors every week, same winners every week, same red + green show, same ole dame ole

Re: mmttpa new tractor class December 15, 2012 04:01AM
Sameolesameole
You took away a class everyone comes to see

Please?! Maybe people come to see it, but there were NO 3.0 trucks 75% of the time!

Bret Powell

Re: mmttpa new tractor class December 15, 2012 09:22AM
What would be wrong with the cubic inch for make and model of tractor, and a stock appearing injecter pump with factory measurements instead of P-pump.

Re: mmttpa new tractor class December 15, 2012 02:30PM
Well first off there sure wouldn't be any IH 466's running. Might be something to consider?????? I bet that won't fly very far.

Re: mmttpa new tractor class December 15, 2012 02:36PM
Then you get the deere's that came out with the 404 pop in a 466 and just swap decals.

Re: mmttpa new tractor class December 15, 2012 02:48PM
I believe that would require a model # change. I think that would involve changing the ID plates not something as simple as a decal. It's petty easy on a IH to look at the rear end and know what it is. Now maybe on some other brands it may not be quite as easy to tell, but I bet someone knows enough to tell what's what.

Re: mmttpa new tractor class December 16, 2012 07:38AM
Good point to keep the stock appearing injector pump on the series tractor, thats bull crap when the Green guys do that 466 thing and needs to end, let them cry

Re: mmttpa new tractor class January 07, 2013 04:03AM
this association tried this the 2nd or 3rd year after it started. lost a lot of pullers because it costs a lot of money to cube up to 585. some people also have to change blocks to run p pump. i know this because i was one of those pullers. why build a class around these mm tractors? spend all that money on motor and pump but cut tires not allowed? when they tried this the 1st time a 5020 jd ,1350 mm and a 1030 case with a 504 c.i. engine were the winners every time.

Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,573, Posts: 229,599, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,057, Posts: 225,853.

Our newest member BadHabit2