After market stock fuel pump with more fuel pressure May 16, 2015 10:39AM
Need more fuel and pressure to run a 350 Roosa on a JD 4020 have to run stock fuel pump for stock class any after market built factory pumps made.Can't use electric or gear driven.

Re: After market stock fuel pump with more fuel pressure May 16, 2015 03:01PM
I was told the 350 will lock up with more than stock fuel and pressure.

Re: After market stock fuel pump with more fuel pressure May 17, 2015 02:25AM
Injection pump is not getting enough fuel when under load it doesn't smoke till weight box is all the way up then runs out of fuel and stalls.Could increase fuel line size but fittings from tank and through filter are only 1/4" pipe size causing restriction.

Re: After market stock fuel pump with more fuel pressure May 17, 2015 06:49AM
A .350 Roosa isn't going to put out much, that's why it doesn't smoke.

Re: After market stock fuel pump with more fuel pressure May 17, 2015 03:27AM
What are you running for fuel pressure?

Re: After market stock fuel pump with more fuel pressure May 17, 2015 04:38AM
Don't have a gauge on it but a factory stock fuel pump runs 5-7 psi.

Re: After market stock fuel pump with more fuel pressure May 17, 2015 06:56AM
Well bud I'm gonna tell ya the same thing as the other guy if you try to crank the pressure to the stock pump it will lock up. You need to have extra charge ports put in the pump, if I were you I would junk the 350 and go with a 390. I'm assuming your running a n/a class and I've seen that setup work really well, but then I would also say .93 injection lines and some good pencil injectors are going to be needed as well

Re: After market stock fuel pump with more fuel pressure May 17, 2015 08:18AM
It does have 93 lines and bigger injectors.Thanks for the info.

Re: After market stock fuel pump with more fuel pressure May 18, 2015 11:58AM
Run bigger fuel supply lines from tank to filters and then to pump. Play with your timing- advance it . Go to far and you will blow the head gasket. Trial and error. Should get some smoke. Is your auto advance locked on your pump. If not it should be.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,614, Posts: 229,670, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,064, Posts: 225,890.

Our newest member JD_8520