BG info December 06, 2015 12:33PM
I am thinking about going to Bowling Green for the first time in 2016, what are some things I should know before making the 12 hour drive to help ensure I get a decent seat? Are advanced tickets the way to go, or am I better off fighting my way through the sea of lawn chairs near the track where there are no reserved seats? Looking to enjoy the show without a lot of hassle with parking or seating, any advice is sure appreciated!

Re: BG info December 06, 2015 02:50PM
I've been going since 2010 so take that into consideration. I've only done advanced sales/reserved seats. North side. The first year was past the 320 mark and a lot of pullers/teams sat in the area-that was cool but wanted closer to the 300'. Ended up moving to around 290'. I don't want to change them. Met a lot of people and its good seeing them, if only once a year. I believe the track side/lawn chair area on the north side is all reserved. If you're going to watch the pull, that is not the most ideal spot...if you're into watching people, be there on Friday & Saturday night....it can get a little 'interesting' so to speak. And on those nights, nobody by the track is sitting down. I don't drink anymore, so watching other people drink is kinda fun. The fairgrounds redid the lighting and speaker layout and hopefully they got the speakers working right. You could not hear a thing. Never sat on the south side (grandstand side) so I can't comment on that. Look at the seating chart on BG's website...maybe that will help. As for parking, I usually park across the street in a big lot. $5 I think. A few minutes and you're in-takes a lot longer to get out. In between sessions, I just walk around and look at all the iron. The second year I went, I took my wifes camera and walked down towards the starting line and got some good pics. To me its a good time, but I'm only a couple hours away. Hopes this helps

Re: BG info December 06, 2015 03:07PM
Spoke to soon. Looked at the seating chart [www.pulltown.com] and I see that the track seating is general admission. With all the chairs there when I show up on Friday, I figured it was reserved. If you want to sit trackside, you should be able to find a spot a few days before the pull...its that full. Both sides from what I can tell. This is Friday, the start of session 1

This is Saturday night

Re: BG info December 06, 2015 03:17PM
Thanks Tim , I'll have to give this some thought, not sure I like what I see and hear lol.

Re: BG info December 06, 2015 03:24PM
Its a good time. Someone told me that the north side is the party side and the south side is more family orientated. Not sure. I go by myself usually so I'm in no big hurry to get out. When they send the ticket renewal, I usually reserve my hotel as well. Found ohiohotels.com is a pretty decent place to look. Perrysburg is about 10-15 minutes north and the prices are not inflated compared to hotels in BG. Good luck with your decision. Hopefully more people can chim in

Re: BG info December 06, 2015 04:15PM
been there 41 yrs,i get there wed afternoon,if you want lawn seating better get there wed morning,id recommend reserved seating,its simply the best view.we get ten seats for 8 people.ive never sat in the lawn chairs,but id think watching the opposite track might be awkward ??.I plan on being there on Tuesday this year.motels are a lot easier to get in town now since the freshmen come a week later.i camp,but like tim said parking across the street or at the church is much quicker to get back to traffic flow.i would recommend this year,theres so much talk about "the 50th",id bet there wont be a pull bigger till the 75th

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,609, Posts: 229,664, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,063, Posts: 225,888.

Our newest member JD_8520