Dansville ESP Dog and Pony Show!!!! June 08, 2013 05:00PM
Paid $15 to watch tractors go 230 feet!!!! Not a very good way to put on a show very disappointed.

Re: Dansville ESP Dog and Pony Show!!!! June 08, 2013 06:17PM
Yup it was pathetic drove 3 hours to see 4 classes take 7 hours to complete wish i stayed home

Re: Dansville ESP Dog and Pony Show!!!! June 09, 2013 01:12AM
Any results?

Dansville pull observation & results June 09, 2013 02:02AM
Results are on the ESP show.

I would like to thank you for your patients and understanding with the challenge of putting on a pull after so much rain this week, and lack of sun the last few days to dry out the ground.

This is not an "excuse" just observations. The track as extremely challenging for sled settings. There had been so much rain during the recent past that the track was extremely wet and soft making the sled very hard to pull right from the starting line, also evident by the use of the tow back tractor to help pull the sled back.

With the track being so wet, and soft the sled cut into the track badly, as a result it took the track prep equipment longer to repair the track after each hook. There were ruts down the length of the track that had to be repaired after each hook.
With a fairly new sled, sled operator and new tech officials things will speed up with experience.

I would like to personally thank the 100 foot tech official. He was very observant and saw a problem with the fuel system on my motor on my first hook attempt and very likely saved my motor from being destroyed!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2013 02:03AM by Policy Peddler.

Re: Dansville ESP Tractor pull June 09, 2013 02:47AM
KInda funny I woke up this morning after getting home at 3am from dansville expecting to see posts on this pull, and u guys DON'T disappoint! Yes there were a bunch of variables that made this pull very tricky BUT over all with all the rain a new clay track, first time for the tech crew I think with the amount of vehicle we had the pull was good. Should there been some changes made YES but hey u can't always get it right! it's so easy to go on here and knock people down but u also gotta commend the people for making this show even happen!! Adam Draudt

Re: Dansville ESP Tractor pull June 09, 2013 02:59AM
Would cancelling last night and running today helped at all with the track??? I wasn't able to attend last night so I'm not sure if another day would've helped with the track conditions.

Re: Dansville ESP Tractor pull June 12, 2013 06:23AM
Well for everyone information I built that track .. I for on can tell you if you put that much water on a clay Surface it is very difficult for you to ever get it to dry back out. We did Every thing we could to make a good track. But as Rich said earlier as the sun goes down the moisture comes to the surface. There was way too much moisture to begin with!!! You give me a sunny day and I'll give you a good track ... The clay that is on the Dansville track is the same clay that is at Penn Yan !!! All the pullers like that track.... As fare as the boat go's we tried a lot of things to make it better !!! I know I was taking the weights out and moving them around !!!! Not the sleds folt but rather Mother nature's fault.!!!!!! Know one on here has any idea the work that went into getting Dansville a new track Surface!!! I do I made it happen!!! If anyone on would like to call me and chew my ass about the pull feel free to !! But your not going to like what I have to say to you !!!#1-315-five two one -7614 !!! Bring it !!!!

puling sunday June 09, 2013 04:10AM
Yes it would have helped you attending.

My guess is going to a rain date cuts back on the attendance, but I am not sure.

I do know the costs are BIG, all the pullers have to leave and come back, sled is there for an extra day, food, workers, the logistics are BIG also and probably fewer tractors. It is not as simple as it sounds.

Yes the conditions "could" be better, but they could be worse. It was not suppose to rain yesterday, but it rained all day all around dansville, although it really did not rain at all there from what i understand.

When night comes the dampness and water in tracks rise, which makes the track softer than what it was. That is one of the other things that happened as you went into the evening.

When you look at the number of tractors they had last night, things went ok.

When people look at what the pulling organizations and pulls, compare it to NASCAR, Sprint Cup races are basically unlimited in money, technology and professional management. I have seen pavement rip up off of tracks, races where they had to stop every 10 laps to change tires, water coming through tracks where they had to stop the race for more than an hour to fix, cars running into JET Driers and other issues!

There were no big problems, that i saw last night.

If someone came and watched you work over your shoulder for the day, do you suppose the next day they could tell you how they would have done things different and had better results.

It is very easy to set back the next day and say "i would have done something different". If you would have, then come and be a tech official and help make the decisions.

Re: puling sunday June 09, 2013 06:23AM
Policy Peddler
Yes it would have helped you attending.

My guess is going to a rain date cuts back on the attendance, but I am not sure.

I do know the costs are BIG, all the pullers have to leave and come back, sled is there for an extra day, food, workers, the logistics are BIG also and probably fewer tractors. It is not as simple as it sounds.

Yes the conditions "could" be better, but they could be worse. It was not suppose to rain yesterday, but it rained all day all around dansville, although it really did not rain at all there from what i understand.

When night comes the dampness and water in tracks rise, which makes the track softer than what it was. That is one of the other things that happened as you went into the evening.

When you look at the number of tractors they had last night, things went ok.

When people look at what the pulling organizations and pulls, compare it to NASCAR, Sprint Cup races are basically unlimited in money, technology and professional management. I have seen pavement rip up off of tracks, races where they had to stop every 10 laps to change tires, water coming through tracks where they had to stop the race for more than an hour to fix, cars running into JET Driers and other issues!

There were no big problems, that i saw last night.

If someone came and watched you work over your shoulder for the day, do you suppose the next day they could tell you how they would have done things different and had better results.

It is very easy to set back the next day and say "i would have done something different". If you would have, then come and be a tech official and help make the decisions.
It's not as simple as it sounds and I didn't mean for it to come out that way...it sounds like there were some issues with the track surface. So I asked the question if postponing until today would have helped.

As I said I wasn't there...and probably wouldn't have been able to make it today. So it wouldn't have helped me attending. I said I wasn't able to attend because I wanted to preface my question about the track conditions by letting everyone know I was not there to witness the event firsthand. So I'm not sitting here saying I would do anything different.

I also didn't see anyone comparing local pulling to NASCAR...if anything I would compare it to your local Saturday night dirt track.

As stated by yourself with all the factors involved....costs, logistics, decreased attendance(fans and pullers), why have a raindate???

Re: Dansville ESP Dog and Pony Show!!!! June 09, 2013 09:43AM
I am sorry people were dissappointed about the pull and how far the tractors went, please understand that many of the pullers did total overhauls and modifications to their tractors this winter and because of the rain were not able to have a test run to make adjustments to their tractors, also every year new rules are added and the pullers have to make adjustments, the key would have been if mother nature would have allowed the test pull the night before, unlike race cars that you can test at any time the pulling tractors are not tested until hooked to that sled, and a Dyno is not efficiant for tractors because each track is different surface material. It was the first pull and for the spektators it will get better, for the pullers, the agreement is the parking situation for the pullers seems to be an issue and needs to be addressed!

Re: Dansville ESP Dog and Pony Show!!!! June 09, 2013 03:31PM
So it seems that you are the right one run the pulls. Are you volunteering to become a part of the ESP club? Also inquiring minds would like to know when your pull is.

Re: Dansville ESP Dog and Pony Show!!!! June 09, 2013 03:36PM
As Richard had said it was a bunch of different variables that just had happened on the same day. We will move on.

Mr Gas Monkey you seem very disgruntled. Why don't you post your name?

Dan Mayer

www.pulling-reference.com
Dedicated to Preserving the History of Tractor & Truck Pulling

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2013 03:40PM by Dan M.

Re: Dansville ESP Dog and Pony Show!!!! June 09, 2013 11:32PM
Gas monkey- just go to the Buck next time. You won't be disappointed!

Re: Dansville ESP Dog and Pony Show!!!! June 10, 2013 03:28AM
To Buck Fan, You guys are the best!!! You really made NANCY'S night saturday. Thank You

Re: what was the full pull distance June 10, 2013 02:11PM
Gas Monkey how is your conversation with yourself going? (Aka Got Robbed). At least both your screen names agree with each other.

Dan Mayer

Re: what was the full pull distance June 10, 2013 09:26PM
Ok we'll the pull as long and the distances sucked one of the worse pulls i been to but on the up side of things I still had a great time there it's all what u make of it! the pull was long but that means more beers me and boys can drink plus we got all the sweet swethogs of dansville to look at mmmmm now that was a good night Dave everman is lucky to have some many over weight hottie in his town mmmm yea

Re: what was the full pull distance June 10, 2013 10:29PM
I and my fellow fireman tried very hard to make this a good pull and a enjoyable night .I hope all this negative response is not held against us in Dansville because if it is a pull for 2014 certainly will be questioned . Believe me or not we tried to do our part . Thank You Henry Everman

Re: what was the full pull distance June 11, 2013 12:37AM
That opinion is not held by me. I enjoyed the pull. I understand there was many circumstances that led up to issues faced putting on that pull.

I still hold the opinion that as long as the promoters is trying things to fix issues then you just need to roll with it. Everyone coming home from 2012 pull complained about the powder track. That issues was solved with a new clay track and moving the pull to night time to avoid that Hot Dansville sun. This years issues were way too much rain leading up to pull, not the promoters fault, and the sled issues. The weather people were calling for a sunny Saturday, I also figured it would dry out the track. The sun did not come out and dry up much. I feel confident that the promoters of the pull will address the sled issues. That sled and sled operator may not be a right fit for state level pulling, probably does a great Job with pro farm guys.

One issue that will always remain is the first pull or two of the season will have bugs to work out. The track officials are trying to get in the grove for the year, the pullers are just getting rolling for the year with new equipment and settings.

As far as the guy complaining about money. $15 is pocket change in the world of entertainment. Been to a Concert, Football game, or Nascar race? There is entertainment for people with all sorts of budgets out there.

Keep up the good work and I will see you all again this weekend.

Thanks,
Justin Bennett

Dansvill Pull, & the upcoming pulls June 11, 2013 06:25AM
Gas Monkey:
I think we all agree that the pull was not perfect, I have been to very few in 30 years that have been.
Was there things that could of been different Yes, did the promoter try to improve things from last year. Yes, he made vast changes, and did a great job.
The track was really not that far off from being excellent. The issue stemmed from too much rain, and "time" for the track to settle in. A track is a "moving target" the rain is not controllable, When it has been cold and over cast like it has been the water could set in the track from a week ago. Then at night the moisture rises to the top.

When you were so worried about the track not being perfect, being so soft that the sled had to have help being towed back, did you take time to notice, the New Radial tractor, the only one i know of in the usa, All the clamoring about the different tractors in Europe, ESP has had all those same powered tractors that you would have to see in europe in the last few years, We have had Turbines, Griffins, Allisions, and now a Radial powered tractor. You had Grand National SS tractors in that class and new tractors that were built saving no expense.

There is so much more going on, possibilities and things to discuss with pulling and ESP, it is time to move on from Dansville, there is no use kicking the dog any more.

So lets all move on, we have a great weekend coming up, Shedden Ontario gives us a new track to most of the pullers, and the possibility of seeing some new competition. Then Saturday we move on to Alexander WNY Steam Show Grounds. which is always a good time, Its neet to be able to watch the "instant"replay on the WNY Steam's version of the "Jumbo Tron".

Sunday we are on to the Chaffee and Strawberry Fields, Their you have a choice to make, which is better the pulling or BBQ!

Some things to watch:
- Henry's improvement with the "Forced Decision"
- Will the Smuggler beat Hooter, or will Hooter do some more of the fine tuning he is famous for and win the next LSS class?
- Modified class, will Durfee continue to beat Gambler, or will another tractor emerg from the ranks to compete, Sharon's tractor looks good for 2013.
- Who will become the true leader in the HSS class, Hooter, Everman, Metz or one of the others.

T

One other thing, Gas Monkey, I recommend you do a little more research and getting more familiar with pulling. Mr. Dan M, is the ESP Vice President, Has been the announcer for ESP and some NYTPA pulls for many years. He is one of the most knowledgeable historians of pulling. His site Pulling History is a tremendous reference source. He has spent vast amounts of time researching, scanning old photo's and making them available.
He is truly concerned about the fan, pulling esp and the pulling community.

Re: Dansvill Pull, & the upcoming pulls June 11, 2013 10:17AM
On a lighter note Roy Metz will be one to recon with this year if he can keep it together.

Re: what was the full pull distance June 11, 2013 02:34AM
Henry, don't let one bad eggs opinion who can't even post his real name overshadow all the positive things that happened in Dansville, ie; a great crowd, almost a record amount of entries, a great fireworks display, etc. Thanks to you and Union Hose Co for all your efforts.

Dan Mayer

Re: what was the full pull distance June 11, 2013 01:09PM
The track was good enough for a
Smuggler win congrats Eric keep up
The hard work bud!

Dansville Pull 2013 & 2014 June 11, 2013 12:22AM
Henry you should try farming, you would find out that the weather does not always cooperate, which just snow balls into other issues.
There was some inexperience and tough conditions last week end. Everyone has to get experience someplace sometime. It would be great if everyone started out with "experience" but it is a funny thing, it is not something that someone can learn from a book or be told.

Everyone but one person is looking forward to next year, and we will see the fireman and you then!!!!

Rockefeller Insurance Policy Peddler

Re: Dansville Pull 2013 & 2014 June 11, 2013 04:26AM
Hey gas monkey why don't you go to a wny pull and watch them

Re: Dansville Pull 2013 & 2014 June 11, 2013 09:38AM
Rich, Dan, and Henry don't let this NITWIT who cant even sign his name to his posts bother you. And I thought the track was just fine.

Re: Dansville ESP Dog and Pony Show!!!! June 12, 2013 02:30AM
congrat smuggler, th more i read the more i am glad there were no TWD's out there... lmao what else would you expct than a dog and poney show its dansville. The fans in the stands seem to have a bitch about this show every yr..... lol just saying

Re: Dansville ESP Dog and Pony Show!!!! June 13, 2013 12:05PM
the Shedden pull is going to be AWESOME,you should come see

Re: Dansville ESP Dog and Pony Show!!!! June 13, 2013 01:03PM
I was wondering if maybe you guys might want to start the pull earlyer on Saturday with the way things went last weekend I really don't want to be there till three or four in the morning

Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,564, Posts: 229,578, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,055, Posts: 225,839.

Our newest member BadHabit2