Spencer County Fair September 13, 2018 05:37AM
Sitting here waiting for Outlaw pull to start at the biggest County Fair in the Midwest and just 28 pulls this afternoon according to the Outlaw app. Man, and they moved the diesel supers from the afternoon session to tonight. Did they think they couldn’t get 28 hooks done this afternoon or what. Looks like they don’t have 40 hooks tonight. Sucks! When does Outlaws multi year contract Roberts signed ends. Time for someone else here. How about ya PPL Western Series.

Re: Spencer County Fair September 13, 2018 05:56AM
Screw it, I'll bite. Your at a pull with 3 scheduled classes and are complaining that there are only 36 hooks (try counting again). By my math that is an average of 12 vehicles per class on a Thursday afternoon when harvest has started pretty much everywhere south of the Iowa/MO border. Sounds pretty darn good to me!

Re: Spencer County Fair September 13, 2018 06:10AM
Yea, they advertise 4 classes, you pay to get in the fair, then pay again to see the pull in grandstands. Looks like a few more have signed up, but half the show will be 4WD trucks and not what I came to see. That and Light limited pro are probably biggest classes here. Just not what you expect at this caliber of fair. Disappointed!

Re: Spencer County Fair September 13, 2018 06:13AM
And to put it in context I went ahead and checked how you idea of the western series would work. So I took the results from one of their recent bigger pulls and just hand picked the biggest 3 classes from the McLouth Ks pull (which was on a saturday night too). So the 3 largest classes were 8500 limited prostock 12 hooks, limited pro diesel pickups 11 hooks, 9500 limited prostock 14 hooks. This gives you a grand total of 37 hooks, 1 more than scheduled for Spencer today. WOW what a huge difference!!!

Re: Spencer County Fair September 13, 2018 07:37AM
Some people think it is easier to talk and make others do the research. Such in this case.

Re: Spencer County Fair September 13, 2018 09:42AM
If you take the Western series points standings and look at the maximum number of vehicles to hook at a pull this year in each of the classes the outlaws had today you would come up with 8 LSS, 16 8500 limited pros, and 8 4wd giving you a grand total 32 hooks total so which show has more hooks?

Re: Spencer County Fair September 14, 2018 01:02AM
Grass isn't greener
If you take the Western series points standings and look at the maximum number of vehicles to hook at a pull this year in each of the classes the outlaws had today you would come up with 8 LSS, 16 8500 limited pros, and 8 4wd giving you a grand total 32 hooks total so which show has more hooks?

If you want to compare, both associations pulled at the same venue at the Missouri State Fair. If you compare the classes that both associations had at their pulls (3.0 Diesel Trucks, 85 Limited Pro tractors, 95 Limited Pro tractors, and twd trucks), PPL had 77 hooks and Outlaws had 40. Quite a difference, so let the bashing begin!

Re: Spencer County Fair September 14, 2018 01:47AM
But just to be clear, PPL only offers about half the classes, if you made the Outlaw pullers condense into 7 classes, the numbers would go up right?

Re: Spencer County Fair September 14, 2018 07:12AM
These poutlaw guys sure like to come up with lame numbers. So poutlaws has more classes, so if they offered less classes they would have better numbers like PPL Western Series. So what you going to do, have a big open class with trucks and tractors to fit them in. You know people in one class is not going to build a new vehicle because there class not offered. They will just go hook somewhere else. Stupid, and you wonder why poutlaws is going backwards.

Re: Spencer County Fair September 14, 2018 09:48AM
I usually try to be the bigger man, but you're just a keyboard tough guy @#$%&.

Keith Dohrman............thats called a signature line, you should try it sometime!

Re: Spencer County Fair September 14, 2018 02:13AM
NTPA Here's some comparisons just looking at the websites, really not a bad turnout for a Thursday pull with either organization.

1st session- 54
2nd session- 46
total- 100
1st session- 42
2nd session- 42
total- 84
1st session- 56
2nd session- 46
total- 102
1st session- 48
2nd session- 57
total -105
Outlaws

1st session- 47
2nd session- 48
total- 95
1st session -36
2nd session- 47
total- 83

Re: Spencer County Fair September 14, 2018 03:18AM
I attended both sessions and thought the pull was good.It seemed like in the afternoon show it was a little longer between hooks than necessary.Weather was perfect. the $10 admission is just part of it but there wasn't a lot going on except the pull and all the vendors closed early.There were a lot of antique tractors and machinery on display.I personally like the mini rods and diesel trucks and semis but unless it happened later I missed them.Honestly the tractors have a lot of power and pull good but the average spectator cant tell a unlimited SS and a lower class as they pull the same distance just weight difference.

Re: Spencer County Fair September 14, 2018 05:29AM
Someone always has to bit*h!! The fair has no control over the amount of hooks that show up in each class. All they can do is pay a company to put the show on and hope for the best simple as that. As for the hooks, some people are harvesting down south others were broke how is that the outlaws or the fairs fault?? They may consider a change of organization someday but they are in a contract with outlaws for a few more years so instead of whining maybe contact the local fair board and tell them what you would like to see when the contracts up!! Or better yet join the fair board and lend your never ending knowledge to them about what group is the best show for the money. As for the pace of lineup, you can only make the pullers get to the line as fast as they want to. Some were quick up there some took there time. I thought the pull was pretty good for a Thursday afternoon/ evening. Just my opinions

OLY

Re: Spencer County Fair September 14, 2018 06:19AM
Outlaws usually hooks them fast, but I have noticed now that the numbers are down they have been slowing down. I guess to make the pull last longer. Outlaws got rained out the first year back here in 2016 and had like 120 vehicles read to pull, even with the bad weather forecast. They just don’t have the numbers now as they had. Not sure when the contract runs out, but this was last year of contract at Missouri State Fair and be interesting to see what happens there. With higher prices they will be wanting and about 1/3 less vehicles I look for changes.

Re: Spencer County Fair September 15, 2018 07:55AM
Time to let PPL have a shot at it. NTPA numbers went down and then Outlaws came in and now their numbers way off. PPL could come here and then on down to Wheatland and be one great pull.

Re: Spencer County Fair September 15, 2018 10:04AM
Read some of these posts before so I thought I would get info directly from the horses mouth. After a few calls called a board member from spencer and asked them what they thought. Said they thought the show was great and actually had 800 more tickets sold than the races they had the night before. He also said the fair attendance has been down. Sounds like they were happy with the show. Wouldn't guess that possible from posts here.

PPL has great pulls but wouldn't be able to pull off the variety on a Thursday afternoon in northern Iowa that Outlaws can. Also watched a bunch of videos from wheatland and looked like crowd attendance was nothing great for this being their finals. If nothing else this site is entertaining but factual it is often not.

Re: Spencer County Fair September 16, 2018 12:35AM
Heck that is weekly racing that falls on the Tuesday night during the fair. A course you are going to have more attendance than what we can see every week at the race track in front of the grandstands. Ask Iowa State Fair about that as they dropped racing during the fair before they dropped pulling. Same weekly racing at the Iowa State Fair didn’t work for during the fair.

Re: Spencer County Fair September 15, 2018 04:35PM
PPL is the only organization that isn't losing numbers. Guys are leaving both NTPA and outlaws to run with them I find it hard to believe that is an accident. I've heard they pay better and it's obvious that Lucas knows how to run a Motorsports series. They are expanding geographically and adding a pull at MIS is pretty big and didn't get enough attention IMO. As far as I can tell, there's never been a larger venue in all of pulling. I'm pretty sure they could put on a Thursday pull anywhere they wanted. I was also at Wheatland last year and it was a great crowd and also an outstanding venue.

Re: Spencer County Fair September 15, 2018 03:07PM
clay county fair held in spencer iowa iowa does not have a spencer county got the drift tho

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,571, Posts: 229,596, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,057, Posts: 225,852.

Our newest member BadHabit2