Company review May 17, 2020 09:15AM
I'm new to building a puller and followed the recommendation of two pullers that are certainly not new to the pulling world on where to get my pump and injectors built. This company in Pennsylvania has had my pump and injectors since January and everything I call it's a different story. Is this common with vendors. Maybe I'm a little too anxious.

Re: Company review May 17, 2020 12:49PM
how long did they tell u it would take to get it done

Re: Company review May 17, 2020 01:23PM
My guess he was probably told a couple weeks give it another month or two Massey man

Re: Company review May 17, 2020 02:19PM
What stories are you being told when you call? And NO, you are NOT being too anxious in my opinion.

Re: Company review May 17, 2020 04:46PM
When I first called in February to make sure they received my parts I was told they were too busy with the farm machinery show pull to be able to say when they could get to them. When I called in March I was told it would be about two weeks. When I called in April I was told they were waiting on my cam that they had to send off. I haven't call them this month. Maybe all this is normal.

Re: Company review May 18, 2020 02:15AM
Ok so they had to outsource something then. I've noticed over the years when a builder does that, then it really takes time. I'd still keep on them but in a nice way. The other thing is, who knows what's going on with this covid-19 and them? That could also be backing them up.

I started on our new to us build last September. I am still waiting on 2 parts, driveshaft and cover. But we had to have everything else together in order to get the measurements for those.

Good luck!

Re: Company review May 18, 2020 02:54AM
I don't know who your dealing with but this virus has everything messed up especially up in that area of the country, i had to get some driveline parts that shouldn't have taken know more than a couple of days that ended up taking 6 weeks, they were in a warehouse in New York, nothing was shipping at the time-- so that could be part of it but id call at least once a week and do it in a nice way.

Re: Company review May 18, 2020 08:56AM
?
I don't know who your dealing with but this virus has everything messed up especially up in that area of the country,

Yes, that's what I was getting at also.

Re: Company review May 19, 2020 12:26AM
It's true. OEM parts are going into deep backorders for some things (if GM can't get it made, good luck). For stuff we make locally, the restrictions have crippled or even totally closed some machine shops and there's not a thing we can do about it except try to be patient. It's frustrating as heck. I totally get it.

CP

Re: Company review May 17, 2020 06:35PM
This kind of stuff happens all too often, Over promise and under deliver. Have you paid any money down? If not I would make some calls to find someone that can actually deliver on time.

Re: Company review May 20, 2020 01:06PM
I’ve been around pulling for a number of years now and I will say that unfortunately is the norm. I’ve been told by several shops oh it’s a bla bla bla lead time however very few ever have come through at or before the given completion date. I always thought it would be funny to cancel the check and make them wait the equal number of days From the fictional completion date to the actual date of completion. A word of advice never under any circumstances say your not in a hurry or you’ll be waiting forever.

Re: Company review May 21, 2020 12:39AM
I honestly believe that this sort of thing is what holds pulling back. I see people who start a new project & 2 years into it, they’ve been lied to & have a ton of money tied up in a project that they end up loosing hope on. I often said that good machinists aren’t good businessmen & good businessmen aren’t good machinists. Very few shops out there are both.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,613, Posts: 229,668, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,064, Posts: 225,889.

Our newest member JD_8520