NTPA 3.4 410 intercooler LLSS September 27, 2021 05:15AM
NTPA allowing 3.4 on a 410 intercooler now? Who’s idea was that?

Re: NTPA 3.4 410 intercooler LLSS September 27, 2021 05:43AM
Won't be long and NTPA will have this class messed up too . There's no reason for a 3.4 to be in this class.

Re: NTPA 3.4 410 intercooler LLSS September 27, 2021 05:52AM
That's what they do. Start a class, run a class, kill a class

Re: NTPA 3.4 410 intercooler LLSS September 27, 2021 01:52PM
Leave the class alone. It’s pretty even right now and it can still be anybody on any given night. Leave it alone.

Re: NTPA 3.4 410 intercooler LLSS September 27, 2021 03:29PM
Love this-- you'll notice i didn't say anything about 370 an alcohol and 3inch chargers not working, they do, i was simply saying diesels dont need anything else, 470 should have never been allowed- i agree that diesels need to do their homework/ R&D instead of complaining an changing the rules, NTPA didn't even recognize the LLSS class until they needed them , ALL THEIR NUMBERS have went south except the SuperFarms, Now their hoing to ruin a class that DOESN'T NEED THEM in the first place !!! PPL and BOB and TNT and any other organization doesn't need them, the Florida pull went NTPA next year, HUGE MISTAKE in my opinion !!!

Re: NTPA 3.4 410 intercooler LLSS September 27, 2021 05:54AM
That’s an awesome change! It’s about time things start getting sized correctly together. This 3” fits all has done nothing but make turbo builders rich

Re: NTPA 3.4 410 intercooler LLSS September 27, 2021 06:04AM
The turbo builder will do the same with the 3.4 as the do with the 3 . So I don't see how you won't still be spending money on turbos?

Re: NTPA 3.4 410 intercooler LLSS September 27, 2021 06:24AM
To an extent yes but once we get away from starving for air the turbo guy won’t be the deciding factor on who does well and who doesn’t Smoking

Re: NTPA 3.4 410 intercooler LLSS September 27, 2021 06:47AM
Well to make it fair. Let's all run a 3.4 since we our starving the engine for air. So one question, you let the diesel get more air , alcohol tractor gets what?

Re: NTPA 3.4 410 intercooler LLSS September 27, 2021 06:56AM
If you want to make it fair. Don’t limit the turbo at all

Re: NTPA 3.4 410 intercooler LLSS September 27, 2021 07:06AM
I think there's all ready a class for that, LSS ?

Re: NTPA 3.4 410 intercooler LLSS September 27, 2021 07:25AM
David Runkle(earls dream)
I think there's all ready a class for that, LSS ?

They don't have turbo limits?

Re: NTPA 3.4 410 intercooler LLSS September 27, 2021 08:03AM
Limited to 4 turbos... so technically there's a limit but you can do whatever you want up to that limit with any size, any wheels, any combination of staging, one huge turbo if that's your cup of tea, etc....

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: NTPA 3.4 410 intercooler LLSS September 27, 2021 08:07AM
Agreed. Once we get rid of that pesky air limit maybe we can open up the pump rules too. Maybe then we can let a Sigma in, and after that a billet pump, then we won't have to worry about engines starved for air or fuel. Only problem though is that air and fuel can't get through that restrictive head. Hopefully they will give the class billet heads, that will solve it... then it will all be better!

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: NTPA 3.4 410 intercooler LLSS September 27, 2021 08:45AM
Agreed Jake another 500 horse would make for a better show and ditch the 370 cube rule and go for at least 414 cubes to cut the cost of de stroking an engine

Re: NTPA 3.4 410 intercooler LLSS September 27, 2021 08:55AM
Jake Morgan
Agreed. Once we get rid of that pesky air limit maybe we can open up the pump rules too. Maybe then we can let a Sigma in, and after that a billet pump, then we won't have to worry about engines starved for air or fuel. Only problem though is that air and fuel can't get through that restrictive head. Hopefully they will give the class billet heads, that will solve it... then it will all be better!

Jake! You are close, just went a little overboard. The key here is cube limitation and oem heads only.
Any turbo= Cheaper air source and cooler charge temps and in cylinder temps which prolongs oem head life.
Cast sigma limit =. Cheaper than current P series.

Control maximum power production with power plant components not bolt ons. Controlling it with bolt ons is where all the expense lies. Strange to me that everyone seems oblivious to this.

Re: NTPA 3.4 410 intercooler LLSS September 27, 2021 09:48AM
6.0 LS Smiling

Re: NTPA 3.4 410 intercooler LLSS September 27, 2021 12:39PM
and then next comes the component chasis.

Re: NTPA 3.4 410 intercooler LLSS September 27, 2021 01:09PM
Darn, I forgot about that... definitely component chassis too... after that the question becomes why limit the cubes so small, maybe open those up a little too. Maybe 504, but then that keeps the BBJD out so maybe 540... but we don't want it to be just an IH class so maybe 640 or 680 but then it wound be hard to make weight so maybe they could bump the weight up a little too. Maybe 8000 lbs.

Sure an alternate option could be to keep the turbo small, keep the class light, keep it as limited as possible, but why stop progress? Can't wait for 8000 lb. big charger 680 light limited SS class. Should be tons of color and a great show. Bigger is always better right?

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: NTPA 3.4 410 intercooler LLSS September 27, 2021 01:34PM
Friggn amazing, diesel guys NEVER had a problem as long as they were winning, then came along Brent Long and the Conner Bros and a few more, and alcohol started making a scene-- bunch of crybabies- OPEN your eyes up-- desiel is 100 cubic inches more at 370 and 40 more with intercooler -- they've already raised the weight from 5700lbs to 6000 now 6250 , WHAT MORE DO THEY WANT, next thing could be alcohol has to run a 18 inch drawbar -- dont laugh it could get brougjt up an approved without a vote just like the 3.4 bull$#!?

Re: NTPA 3.4 410 intercooler LLSS September 27, 2021 01:49PM
Hate to tell you Buba but the diesels are gotng to take over and most of these jokes weve been making will come to pass thats how its always worked ib every class

Re: NTPA 3.4 410 intercooler LLSS September 27, 2021 02:07PM
I know that what we as a class in Badger State might be doing it different with the weight difference and same turbo size. We had 10 hooks this year . Average about 9 tractors, which two alcohol were regulars and 2 made it half of them . Out of them 10 the Alcohol won three times and one finished third in points. But everyone else thinks it's crazy , but it works for us with out spending dollars on bolt on fixes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2021 02:25PM by David Runkle(earls dream).

Re: NTPA 3.4 410 intercooler LLSS September 28, 2021 12:17AM
David Runkle, Badger State's LLSS class is great and it works. It is my favorite class to watch. The rules give for close coopetition every time. I had the pleasure of announcing your class when all you guys came to Platteville, WI a couple of weeks ago. You guys were great. My announcing, not so much. But the NTPA really needs to let this class alone.

Re: NTPA 3.4 410 intercooler LLSS September 28, 2021 08:48AM
Honest numbers, is a 3.4 smoothbore really better than a 3.0 with map groove all manipulated with a clipped wheel?

Re: NTPA 3.4 410 intercooler LLSS September 28, 2021 09:26AM
Is it better than a fully tricked out one….. no
But a fully tricked out one isn’t legal per the rules posted. So in this case yes the 3.4 is better

Re: NTPA 3.4 410 intercooler LLSS September 27, 2021 02:10PM
Bubba, you know I doubt you know this but the 370 limit with the 3” chargers is what makes you guys so successful. Truth be known the diesels would be more successful also. But unfortunately they are to fixated on magnifying their shortcomings instead of minimizing them. Having a 470 in this class was borderline idiotic but very predictable and will continue to be problematic for the class. Only one reason to increase charger size or add weight to this class. Anyone care to guess why the diesels keep requesting it?

Re: NTPA 3.4 410 intercooler LLSS September 27, 2021 11:47PM
466 can save money in this area, as 466 hot farms move on to light pro/limited pro or super farm, some strong running engines (with a lot of dyno time) become available.

Rules are in place for 3 reasons, Safety/ to let someone in/ to keep someone out.

Re: NTPA 3.4 410 intercooler LLSS September 28, 2021 12:55AM
This turbo rule has nothing to do with safety, letting some in or out . This is about bolting on a performance issue. And I keep tell these guys that want the 470 rule in Badger State , come to the winter and spring meeting and state why we should adopt this rule and no one shows up . We want tractors that are going to show up and support this class , not for one or two hooks. We rely on this to book the class for the season , because promoters want numbers.

Re: NTPA 3.4 410 intercooler LLSS September 28, 2021 01:19AM
David, what does this have to do with badger state?

Where will ntpa hist most of their llss events?

Re: NTPA 3.4 410 intercooler LLSS September 28, 2021 01:33AM
Go back and read the turbo rule that NTPA just adopted. It states for both 410 and 470 turbo options.3 By 4 map ring or 3. 4 by 4 smooth. And I was replying to the post above . Because we had some in Baraboo try to past a 470 off as 410 with no cooler.

Re: NTPA 3.4 410 intercooler LLSS September 28, 2021 01:38AM
I read it. It’ll do the 410 more good than the 470.

Still has nothing to do with badger state.

Re: NTPA 3.4 410 intercooler LLSS September 28, 2021 01:55AM
Any rules that the NTPA makes effects other organizations in the fact they have allowed a tractor that no longer fits into anyone's else's organizations other than their own. When rules are written than do not follow everyone else you are limiting other groups from having more vehicles available. The NTPA has a special gift of being able to focus on the small picture and not seeing the sport from a larger view.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: NTPA 3.4 410 intercooler LLSS September 28, 2021 02:05AM
Dick, potentially the largest group of tractors in the country to draw from allow the 3.4 on the 470’s already. So as I asked above if ntpa is going to run these classes predominantly in their area then the rule makes sense yes? Makes tech guys job easier too no?

Re: NTPA 3.4 410 intercooler LLSS September 28, 2021 04:49AM
what happens to the twin turbo 315, 360 diesel guys?

Re: NTPA 3.4 410 intercooler LLSS September 28, 2021 07:37AM
Jake, then we will need better tires for the tire manufacturers to design so everyone can buy new ones...

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,578, Posts: 229,609, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,058, Posts: 225,859.

Our newest member BadHabit2