Bad publicity for the sport... July 21, 2014 03:35PM
I recently saw an ad for a diesel group to form a "coal train" and "roll coal" through several towns on the way to a pull, I love pulling and black smoke as much as anyone but I think it's important to not draw such attention from the general public especially when going to a pull,I have a diesel truck and yes it does smoke but you won't find me in a large group doing it ,with it being a topic in the news lately maybe it's important to keep it on the track for the most part before they also attack the sport of pulling for "pollution". Maybe I'm alone on this but it is my opinion with interest in keeping the sport safe from tree huggers and left wing extremists .

Re: Bad publicity for the sport... July 21, 2014 04:16PM
And if the tree huggers knew what the @#$%& it was that they were actually hugging, they would have a problem with methanol too!!!

Re: Bad publicity for the sport... July 22, 2014 01:55AM
I see this a lot. Grow up and keep it on the track. This behavior will come back to haunt us. It is always better to stay under the radar.

Re: Bad publicity for the sport... July 22, 2014 02:41AM
Any publicity would be more than NTPA has done for the sport. I'm sure ever farmer knows what pulling is, but that is a very small percentage of the population. The sport has numerous opportunities to capitalize on opportunities to expand their notoriety but the ones to make this call are stuck in a rut with their blinders on. Pulling is a sort of an underground sport to most people & is considered taboo is even recognized at all.

Churning Dirt coal train from Tomah to Richland Center is what they are referring to July 22, 2014 03:32AM
Are car cruises bad for NASCAR. Come on people, really? It doesn't say anywhere they are going to be screwing around. It is just like a car club, except they are diesel truck enthusiasts. RELAX! We promote pulling, more fans in the stands! If you try to make everyone happy, you will never make a decision in your life. Churning Dirt Website link-3 days of pulling for $25

Jason Schultz
Call or Text 608 604 5068
Email jason@beermoneypullingteam.com
Beer Money Pulling Team Merchandise [beermoneypullingteam.com]

Re: Churning Dirt coal train from Tomah to Richland Center is what they are referring to July 22, 2014 03:48AM
I understand the idea of car clubs and promoting pulling but the fact is the general public doesn't like to see any kind of so called pollution,sure pulling fans understand and don't care and neither do I, it's just that leading the general publics eyes to a pull by blowing smoke all over maybe isn't the best way to promote it .

Re: Churning Dirt coal train from Tomah to Richland Center is what they are referring to July 22, 2014 05:44AM
The "Coal Train" seems like nothing like a bad idea to me. I understand wanting to promote responsible diesel enthusiast, but calling it a coal train with all the bad publicity we are getting seems stupid. To me it sounds like a bunch of 16-24 year olds with there trucks turned up blowing smoke all over the place. Seems like a perfect opportunity for national news to run down the diesel community some more.

Re: Churning Dirt coal train from Tomah to Richland Center is what they are referring to July 22, 2014 07:53AM
and a bar crawl promotes responsible consumption of alcohol when u call it a coal train what will u expect it to be

Re: Bad publicity for the sport... July 22, 2014 08:09AM
To be honest, a person that is offended or bothered by a group of diesel trucks blowing excessive smoke was not going to be coming to a "tractor pull" in the first place. Secondly, if a group of guys who drive their diesel trucks to tractor pulls somehow becomes national news and forces the EPA to shutdown tractor pulling than this country is way more screwed up than I thought.

Everyone to needs to relax and worry about more important things.

Re: Bad publicity for the sport... July 22, 2014 09:56AM
the sport can not grow if it.s going to be a redneck drunken bum sport. No major sponsor will want to be conected to a hillbilly sport...It can only grow if there a prefessional approach...to think aything else is foolish...and yes running around pouring black smoke and waving the stars and bars makes the sport look very backwoods...

Re: Bad publicity for the sport... July 22, 2014 12:19PM
Lets try and stay on topic. The thread is about people blowing excessive black out of their trucks while going to a tractor pull and does this help promote the sport or is the a deterrent to the growth of the sport. Not how bad the world is, or anything else.

Re: Bad publicity for the sport... July 25, 2014 04:42AM
And some 50 year old guy doing a burnout in his chevelle with loud pipes hurts nascar. Really?!?

Re: Bad publicity for the sport... July 22, 2014 10:38AM
Smoke belongs on the track. Just like noise from trucks, bikes, cars, snowmobiles or whatever. What you find ok may not be ok to somebody else. That is how you get rights taken away by stepping on somebody elses. The time and place for everything. Like all the dipwad kids and adults cruising Tomah to make noise and smoke. There is nothing I love more than a PS on the line when they start to let the clutch out and the smoke and noise comes on. But that's not what everybody thinks is cool. Pulling is never going to be Nascar and I hope it is not. Everybody need to go their own way and treat others they way they want to be treated. I could see all the jerk offs with diesel trucks blowing smoke getting us emissions testing everywhere.

Re: Bad publicity for the sport... July 22, 2014 10:41AM
Just ask the people of Terre Haute what they think of "Diesel #&cks"!

Re: Bad publicity for the sport... July 22, 2014 10:47AM
This sounds like a horrible idea. All this is going to do is enrage the public at the sport and convince enough people to finally push for national testing. I would hope that someone (Jason) who is trying so hard to jamb the sport down everyone's throat would have more sense than this. I love pulling as much as the next person and pull a diesel tractor and drive a diesel truck myself, but it still annoys me when some young kid thinks it's funny to try and black out a whole bunch of traffic.

Re: Bad publicity for the sport... July 22, 2014 11:50AM
Common Sense, your comment is ridiculous. Act like you're a fan of the sport and want to see it grow and succeed, yet you make a statement about Jason "cramming it down everyone's throat?" Takes a lot of time to do what he does yet you're a jackass about it.

Blowing some smoke is a whole lot better than a lot of the stuff that goes on these days. Whole world is going to @#$%& and all y'all have time to do is bitch about something that is supposed to be enjoyable for some people that support the sport by actually showing up.

Re: Bad publicity for the sport... July 22, 2014 12:32PM
Come to our town and everyone of you will be locked up. They take blowing smoke seriously, zero tolerence.

Re: Bad publicity for the sport... July 22, 2014 01:34PM
An absolutely stupid idea.....I love smoke on the pulling track and hate it on the street..

Re: Bad publicity for the sport... July 22, 2014 02:30PM
It's a shame "common sense" feels that Jason is trying to cram anything down somebodies throat. If you don't like it, don't go. I don't like lawnmower pulls so guess what.... I don't go watch them. Jason spends a ton of time PROMOTING a sport a lot of people enjoy. That helps it grow. If NASCAR didn't promote they wouldn't still be going in circles.

Re: Bad publicity for the sport... July 23, 2014 03:24AM
I enjoy any kind of pulling as much as anyone and I really like watching the SS diesel trucks but I must admit that I don't like Rollin Coal on the streets. We were on our way home from an event one evening,as I drove down a two lane I was followed be about 5 trucks. When I got to a hill with a passing lane these trucks passed me as fast and hard as they could,I literally could barely see to get the rest of the way up the hill. Sorry if you disagree but that ain't cool !

It bothers me when these trucks are in town and feel the need to showoff their smoke making abilities, most citizens do not look favorably at these activity's. Do it out in the country with a few buddies and spaire the rest of us.

I feel the same about motorcycles, I have several bikes, some have loud pipes but I don't go through town making a lot of noise and showing off my loud pipes. I wait til I'm out in the country to let the noise begin and I enjoy doing that but most people don't want to hear it so I wait til it's just me and my bike.

I know a lot of you are looking at my statements and thinking "he's just an old grump,screw him" and you could be right. Mark my words if the Roll Coal movement continues in towns all over the county someone in a position of power will start another movement that will involve cracking down on truck smoke. When I was a kid it was loud car pipes,we had them, they didn't like them ,they started cracking down. I can't tell you how many of my friends got busted for loud pipes when I was in high school. Live and learn!

S'no Farmer

Re: Bad publicity for the sport... July 23, 2014 04:12AM
Totally agree with Sno Farmer. If you want to make everyone aware of a pull in town or have a special event have something like a hauler parade. NASCAR does this everyday year at Bristol. This is a much more responsible way to do this not causing a wreck because you blind somebody.

Churning Dirt Parade 2pm Sat July 26th July 23, 2014 04:18AM
We are already having a parade featuring sponsors, pullers, semi haulers etc. We did it last year and it was awesome. I love all the different opinions and debate. If we want pulling to grow, remember this pulling will never grow till we have more fans in the stands and get some serious sponsorship. Sponsors need numbers to get ROI on advertising $. No magic bullet or perfect idea. I will try things, you will try things. Wish you all good luck.

Churning Dirt Website

Jason Schultz

Re: Churning Dirt Parade 2pm Sat July 26th July 23, 2014 04:24AM
Jason if you have to tell people to chill out or relax you need to rethink how you are selling. In your mind just as you announce it may be cool to you or your friends but allot may not take it as you do.

Re: Churning Dirt Parade 2pm Sat July 26th July 23, 2014 04:45AM
No matter what you do not everyone agrees with you. I am not a butt kisser, I am not politically correct, I look for results. I do what I think is best. I value everyone's opinion, but at the end of the day I am not going to apologize for how I announce, how I promote, that is my style, I know it's not for everyone, but if I am going to do it, I am doing it my way. If you don't want me to announce don't hire me, if you don't like Churning Dirt because I push the envelope don't come. Honestly, it is what it is.

Jason Schultz

Re: Churning Dirt Parade 2pm Sat July 26th July 24, 2014 12:22PM
Jason Schultz
No matter what you do not everyone agrees with you. I am not a butt kisser, I am not politically correct, I look for results. I do what I think is best. I value everyone's opinion, but at the end of the day I am not going to apologize for how I announce, how I promote, that is my style, I know it's not for everyone, but if I am going to do it, I am doing it my way. If you don't want me to announce don't hire me, if you don't like Churning Dirt because I push the envelope don't come. Honestly, it is what it is.

What kind of a promoter says if you don't like me or "it" don't come? My way or the highway. I used to think you were all right Jason, but not anymore. You can have opinions and beliefs, but when you announce for BS or whoever you are representing that organization. It is like being a mayor of a city and you should save your opinions for you personal life when with friends. Be neutral when announcing or promoting. No need to offend the fans. You seem to feel you are the keeper of all that is right in this world and you sure feel you are Gods gift to tractor pulling. Like when you overpoweringly stuck you nose in at Mackville. It is not all rednecks farmers and country people that go to pulls. There is always the local city folk that may be offended by what you say or do. They paid to see the show too. I have heard you say things that were not offensive to me, but I could sure see how they were offensive to others. By no means are you the only announcer at a tractor pull that has done this though. Fans in the stands is the only way rich pullers will have a place to go play with their toys. Pullers my take offense at that. If I was announcing I should not say that even if it was a fact. What if I would have said rich farmers?

Re: Churning Dirt Parade 2pm Sat July 26th July 25, 2014 12:08AM
I think Jason is pretty arrogant in the way that he announces and carries himself. I would rather there be an announcer that states distances and the pulling order, than a bunch of BS that someone like him spouts. I think he is doing more damage than good to the sport. Not everyone that pulls feels like it is a "redneck sport" I would rather distance the sport from that image, than try to pull it closer to that. Jason, please take your nonsense elsewhere.

Re: Churning Dirt Parade 2pm Sat July 26th July 25, 2014 02:05AM
Obviously you bashers don't have a clue who Jason is. You want to come on here and bash but don't put your real name so people can identify the cry babies. Jason has done more for the sport of pulling then all you bashers combined. You want to bash because Jason thinks outside of the box and heaven for bid if he draws new people and fans to the pulls. Obviously you people haven't been on Facebook and seen the amount of likes his page has. I don't think there is hardly a person in this country that is a pulling fan that hasn't heard of beer money pulling team. I for one am just the opposite from you guys. I actually love the way he announces. He likes to have a good time and doesn't just sit there like bump on a log. Yes Jason carries himself in a certain manner that I don't think is arrogant at all. The guy knows what he wants and is confident enough to go after it. You all think he is taking the sport in the wrong direction then step up and take it in the direction you want it to go. For every one of you that doesn't like his way, I'll bet there is 500-1000 people that have had a good time because of him and his crew. Jason has done a lot of good and I for one have a blast when he's around. We will see all of the beer money pulling team at churning dirt in a few hours.

Re: Churning Dirt Parade 2pm Sat July 26th July 25, 2014 02:33AM
this sport sure was nuthin before jason came along. hes done more for pullin than anybody ever! hes got 27 trillion likes on facebook so they are having churning dirt in texas stadium cause all the fans he has. i cant think of anybuddy that hasnt heard of beer money pulling and i can think of at least 6 or 7 people.

i love him so much im going to follow in his footsteps;

join us for the first annual Toothless Hillybilly Pull. we'll be burnin a pile of tractor tires in the road to promote the event. we'll be havin a tobacca spitting contest, a farting contest, and a butt scratchin race, to help promote pullin. its gunna be a hoot. we can really grow pullin if we can attract the dumbest trash we can find.

kids who dont know who their father is get in fer free! if theyre under 10 and the swear at the gals at the gate they get a prize! broads who had kids with more than 4 guys pay half price if they show some skin! $5 off for anyone with tatoos with cursin in it!

parking is $5 unless your exhaust fell off your truck or unless your truck blows enough smoke that the guy at the gate cant see you!

if you drive a vintage white trash 80's camero then we'll pay you to come to our pull.

if anybody dont like the way i promote they can just f-off cause i am who i am and i aint changin. help me grow this pull so we can get Jerry Springer to cover it next year.

Churning Dirt Friday night show starts at 6:30-heavy rains have went south-looks good for rest of the day July 25, 2014 04:18AM
Thanks for all the feedback, after having a couple days to look through this and read, it has made me think. I love announcing, pulling, promoting and some of you have made valid points. When I am announcing, I need to find the middle ground. Everyone enjoy the weekend.

Take someone to a pull today. Check out our full pull scheduler at for a pull near you

Churning Dirt Website

Friday July 25th Admission $15 12 and Under Free-Two Pulling Tracks 630 pm Start Time

Tri County Mini Rods

Track One-Tri State Truck and Tractor Pullers Featuring Super/Pro Stock Tractors, 2wd Trucks, 4wd Trucks, V8 Mod, Super Farm and 466 Hot Farm Tractors

After First Hook of Mini Rods Track Two-Lucas Oil Pro Pulling League 4×4 Super Stock Diesel Trucks, Badger State 2.6 Super Street Diesel Trucks, PI Semi Pullers and PI 4×4 Mod Trucks

Jason Schultz

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2014 05:22AM by Jason Schultz.

Churning Dirt Friday night show starts at 6:30-heavy rains have went south-looks good for rest of the day July 25, 2014 06:06AM
Thanks-been getting a lot of calls from iowa and southern wisconsin, they must have gotten more rain

Jason Schultz

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2014 06:34AM by Jason Schultz.

Constructive Criticism is fine, but this is someone hiding behind a keyboard July 25, 2014 06:10AM
I will take constructive criticism all day long, but stuff like this....well, what can you say, except, you're right.

Jason Schultz

Re: Churning Dirt Parade 2pm Sat July 26th July 23, 2014 06:50AM
We all ready have quit going.

Re: Churning Dirt Parade 2pm Sat July 26th July 24, 2014 09:09AM
Mmmm I don't recall hearing about any pullers hooking the tow vehicles together and running fulloffs in the middle of a city street. If you are promoting the sport have the respect of the community that is allowing you to have the event and keep it on the track!

Re: Bad publicity for the sport... July 24, 2014 05:20AM
Agree with you Todd, these kids think their 300hp truck is making 600hp because it blows so much smoke and clouding out intersections and "rollin coal" on little old ladies in cross walks. The only people they're impressing are the rest of the kids in their high school. I'm a fan of diesel performance. I feel like the trucks now are where the tractors were at in the 70's and 80's, they've become really fun to watch, with all of the advancements in the last 15 years. The only thing is most of these people will never put their money where their mouth is and hook it to a sled or put it on a dyno. If you ain't on the track, keep your foot out of it. Typically the ones out blowing smoke are the ones who don't really know what they're talking about. The guy that drives the s-10 around prolly has a real truck sittin in the shed and knows what he's doing. I tend to be more impressed by a well built truck and a guy who knows how to drive it like an adult.

Re: Bad publicity for the sport... July 23, 2014 07:57AM
Everybody needs to relax a bit there isn't any event in this world were people can't or won't get out of control hell I'm from Iowa and ragbrai is passing through town today and there is a lot of people who have fun ride bike and party responsible and there is other people who will get totally out of control, wreck property, litter, get too drunk etc that's life U have to focus on the positives of every situation and that is the sport of pulling is growing and being promoted. I've found in life there is just certain people u could literally hand a million dollars too and they would still complain because it wasn't all in hundred dollar bills or whatever u get my point, some people can't and won't be pleased. The truth is Jason has done more good and promoting for the sport of pulling than anybody in the last twenty years certainly more than most of the people who just sit on this forum and complain daily. Keep up the good work Jason - Beer Money

Re: Bad publicity for the sport... July 23, 2014 11:59AM
Jason while I applaude you for promoting a pull I am equally confused with your statement that you are just trying to promote the sport, yet you also say that you have the right to announce a pull anyway you choose and that if you don't like the way I run my pull don't come! You can't have it both ways. Don't try and convince yourself that the way you announce would be tolerated any where else,other than the few pulls you announce, you really announce to a very small segment of the pulling world. I dare say that at BG, NFMS or most, if not all county fairs your style of announcing would last no more than the first class of the pull. Your approach to the sport will not grow the sport, it plays to a very small segment of the pulling world.

Re: Bad publicity for the sport... July 23, 2014 04:58PM
Whoever's planning this coal roll or whatever better rethink this, because if the town's are anything like a few around here you will not be attending the pull. You'll be too busy trying to get your vehicle out of impound. Unfortunately these so called coal rollers have already gotten some recent national publicity for their antics & the comments section to the story was over 10-1 negative. Once again making us look like hillbilly morons. This is going to attract sponsors ? I doubt it. A mechanic friend of mine also told me the diesel aftermarket tuner industry may soon be a thing of the past because of these antics. So please have some common sence because I love pulling my smoker tractor on the track & yes, I get it there with a diesel truck & I'd like to continue to do so in the future.

Re: Bad publicity for the sport... July 24, 2014 12:55AM
All those hicks are doing is giving diesel a bad name, the public wont find it badazz or funny, they will call you a hillbilly.

Re: Bad publicity for the sport... July 24, 2014 03:09AM
Diesel tuners are under major scrutiny. I know of one diesel shop that used to build tuners and upgrades for big trucks, the Feds (DEC, EPA, DOT, etc) came in and raided them, they were charged with terrorism because big brother has a clause somewhere on their books that says changing emissions equipment is a terrorist attack on the environment. Needless to say they are shut down (with that portion of their business). There are too many liberals and govt employees trying to justify their existence these days. Competition vehicles have been generally exempt from emission standards, however if you are on the road you can and WILL come across someone with something to prove, too many laws govern the roads.
If you want to put on a show, put them on the track.

Re: Bad publicity for the sport... July 24, 2014 06:05AM
Its just a name of a group... are they going to blow a little smoke on the drive... yea.. its probably going to happen... No different than a group of street cars/hot rods, getting together for a cruise.. more than likely someones going to do a burn out, and end up with a few street races... It's pretty common for groups of interested to travel together to an event.. drag racing/pulling/car shows...

Re: Bad publicity for the sport... July 24, 2014 01:56PM
S'no farmer, what about us people that live in the country? I hate hearing those stupid loud bikes go by, and when ever someone starts their bike they rev it up! That's cool! NOT! just like other people said, you can't make every one happy! When you open up the throttle on your straight piped bike, you do the same thing a diesel pickup does, you just can not see it!

Re: Bad publicity for the sport... July 24, 2014 02:59PM
Mr. kenw, you are exactly correct.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2014 04:30AM by bad4430.

Re: Bad publicity for the sport... July 25, 2014 08:39AM
you are right. I like seeing smoke just as much as the next guy. when ever it endangers other people not cool!

Re: Bad publicity for the sport... July 24, 2014 03:38PM
I didn't say I had straight pipes,I have mildly loud pipes but even so I try not to make noise when around any houses, in town or in the country. You totally missed my point,just because I like a certain level of noise some others don't so I try not to impose my likes on others. I guarantee you that you have not had me blast past your house making a lot of noise on a bike no matter where you live. Rollin Coal on a country road from a stop sign is a lot different than doing it from a stop light in town,wouldn't you agree?

S'no Farmer

Re: Bad publicity for the sport... July 25, 2014 11:43AM
I stand by Jason and all he has done. He does great work and we can all be so lucky to have Richland Center and its many events nearby in Wisconsin. I love pulling, period. Jason promotes pulling, period. "WI Fan of Pulling" needs to change his name, he knows NOTHING about Wisco and the sport of pulling! Move on, I hear cricket in the South Pole is gaining steam. Bring on Churning Dirt and the Beer Money Puling Team!

A Real Wisconsin Pulling Fan -- Matt

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Website Statistics
Global: Topics: 38,566, Posts: 229,583, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,057, Posts: 225,844.

Our newest member BadHabit2