Tach for farm stock March 29, 2015 09:26AM
Looking for a tach for a small block deere farm stock. Looking for one that is reliable and easy to install.
Eventually the machine will progress up to a hot farm. Currently a 466, with 10mm A pump. Auto meter or lsspro?

Re: Tach for farm stock April 01, 2015 02:32AM
C'mon man! Anybody got anythang' on a Tach?

Re: Tach for farm stock April 01, 2015 04:11AM
I handle Autometer Think the kit is $425
5" Autometer with recall & pickup eye

Re: Tach for farm stock April 01, 2015 05:10AM
SK, is this the type that read the magnets that are put on the front balancer?

Re: Tach for farm stock April 01, 2015 07:23AM
Check these out they work good and clamp to your injector line. They use your injection pulse for the rpm. We have used them on several open rpm tractors.
[tinytach.com]

Re: Tach for farm stock April 01, 2015 09:57AM
G Man
Yes or you can cut 4 notches in the balancer.

Re: Tach for farm stock April 01, 2015 01:13PM
I tried the diesel Tiny-Tach with the piezoelectric injector line clamp, and it worked sort of, but if you have a pump with a tight governor that flutters when not under load, the tach won't get an accurate reading because you are not getting a consistent fuel pressure pulse through the line during that condition. It under-reports your speed by at least half until the governor settles down. I ended up abandoning the injector line clamp and tying the Tiny-Tach into my ISSPRO magnet pickup sensor on the balancer that I had for the sled monitor. This worked, but then you have to divide the speed by 2 because the tach was set to receive a pulse every other engine rev instead of every rev. They make other versions of the Tiny-Tach that would work for that type of setup though.

Re: Tach for farm stock April 01, 2015 02:32PM
We used one from a 6600 or 4400 combine on my dad's 6030. The stock drive cable works and it has a 0-3500 rpm range.

Re: Tach for farm stock April 01, 2015 10:10AM
Ebay has them, here's the link.

[www.ebay.com]

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,580, Posts: 229,613, Members: 3,320.
This forum: Topics: 37,058, Posts: 225,861.

Our newest member Fechtner Racing