4.1 LPS Class at Springville, Iowa August 05, 2015 02:58AM
On August 14th, 2015 the Springville Tractor Pullers Association, Inc. will be hosting their annual East Central Iowa Pullers Association truck and tractor pull in Springville, Iowa. This year the Association is adding a 9,500# 4.1 Limited Pro Stock class to our show. There will be no entry fee for the class, however pullers will need to pay a one time hook fee to ECI. The payout will be $800 for 1st, $600 for 2nd, $400 for 3rd, and $200 for 4th. The pull starts promptly at 6:30 and the track is located on JR Barnes Parkway north of the Springville Elementary School. 2 people per vehicle will get free admission into the pits. If you have questions, please contact Rick Evans (319-350-4421), Jeff Taylor (319-721-4550) or Mike Schultz (319-640-0241). We have a beautiful clay track and facility and we hope you will come out and support this great event.

Re: 4.1 LPS Class at Springville, Iowa August 07, 2015 04:25AM
Jeff---any rumors how many and who of 4.1's will be there?

Re: 4.1 LPS Class at Springville, Iowa August 08, 2015 12:07AM
At this point we have a commitment of 2 4.1's coming one being the Remedy of Jason Schultz and the other is Bill Smith he has a new John Deere 6030 both tractors from Badger State Pullers. We would like to have 4 to 6 tractors, but the more the merrier, this is a good event, a good track, and a great time.

Re: 4.1 LPS Class at Springville, Iowa August 08, 2015 03:48AM
We are planning on coming down.

Re: 4.1 LPS Class at Springville, Iowa August 09, 2015 01:11AM
That's good to here Big Block Deere, if anyone else is interested, it is a good bitten track, always a good crowd, cold refreshments,guarantee a good time, if all stays on track the finale will be Blackjack Double Down taking on the big spark throwing steam engine.

Re: 4.1 LPS Class at Springville, Iowa August 09, 2015 01:42AM
Mike-has Vegas set the odds on the pull yet--did the steamer have to give you ??? feet?

Re: 4.1 LPS Class at Springville, Iowa August 09, 2015 04:54AM
We are going to pull straight up I think it is easy to say I will have him on horsepower and he will have a slight weight advantage, actually I am going to get some info from John Johnson who owns the machine and I will leave some detailed differences on here. Should be a fun night for families and friends.

Re: 4.1 LPS Class at Springville, Iowa August 09, 2015 03:25PM
Did you remember the movie Back To The Future---When Marty or the Professor threw those colored logs in the steam engine and all hell broke loose--I heard John ordered a truck load of them !!!!!!

Re: 4.1 LPS Class at Springville, Iowa August 10, 2015 06:55AM
Glad to hear that Ray, I'll be looking forward to seeing your new machine run.

Re: 4.1 LPS Class at Springville, Iowa August 10, 2015 10:44PM
Along with three previous tractors mentioned we will now have the Tough Sleddin 1206 from the Badger State and also Troy Adrians tractor, we now have 5 4.1's, and Rick Evans should preview the new and improved Bad Things 966 in the Heavy Limited Pro Class, things are shaping up for a great event, put up fence last night, grounds look great, weather sounds great, make time to come to Springville if you get a chance its a great place to be on Friday night.

Re: 4.1 LPS Class at Springville, Iowa August 12, 2015 01:48AM
Bad Things was put back together last night and should be heading to Springville tomorrow night!

Re: 4.1 LPS Class at Springville, Iowa August 12, 2015 02:29PM
Jeff, should be a GOOD show FRIDAY night.

Re: 4.1 LPS Class at Springville, Iowa August 13, 2015 12:08AM
Yes superpuller it will be a good show, I have talked to some from ECI they say both light limited pro and heavy limited pro have had time to repair so both of there classes should be full, one class of 2 wheel drive pickups, may have some extra 466 tractors, there will not be a open ECI class, however we could have up to 10 4.1 tractors which would be great if we get that many which now we are at 6 or 7 , if everyone makes it, if we get those kinda of numbers in 4.1 we will increase the purse by 1000.00 from above mentioned amount earlier in Jeff's post so that will be exciting. Looks like great weather, grounds look great,stage going up for concert this morning for the Saturday night concert, we should have adequate parking in pits, it should be a great place to be on Friday evening. Don't forget about the big steamer at the end, always a great evening of family fun.

Re: 4.1 LPS Class at Springville, Iowa August 13, 2015 01:27AM
Will I need to bring 2 memory cards then for all of this iron coming?? lol

Re: 4.1 LPS Class at Springville, Iowa August 13, 2015 01:27PM
Looking forward to another great evening of quality Pulling. It's nice to see a small town come together to put on an event like this year after year. See ya tomorrow night !!!!

Re: 4.1 LPS Class at Springville, Iowa August 15, 2015 12:52AM
Wanted to take a moment a thank everyone for the successful pull last night in Springville, Ia. From the fans who continue to support the event to the all the volunteers that get all this to come together. We had a great show with lots of vehicles around 80 hooks, I want to especially thank Terry Evans and Bret Barner for helping announce this event yearly despite how we pick on each other this maybe 2 of the best I ever work with, Terry came up with the idea to interview drivers and the special interview the Dennis Tellin who has pulled for 50 years, we the STPA have great heart for this event we hope it continues to be a great event, we do it for the community and well as for the sport of pulling, the ECI puts on a great show, thanks to the 4.1 tractors for showing up just decided to do this last week, thanks to Bone Twister for coming to our pull thanks to John Johnston for the Steamer Spark show, hope I have not missed anyone or anything. Look forward to next year. God Bless America Again

Re: 4.1 LPS Class at Springville, Iowa August 16, 2015 04:35AM
Real good show. The 4.1's were great. The funniest thing of the night is when you announcers thought Kevin Kaufmans son was his grandson!!!!!

Re: 4.1 LPS Class at Springville, Iowa August 16, 2015 05:57AM
Superpuller you're lucky you didn't bring your wife to the stage with you when you were interviewed. They would of thought she was your granddaughter!!!!!

Re: 4.1 LPS Class at Springville, Iowa August 17, 2015 07:40AM
Hey, leave superpuller alone.He is a LEGEND.

Re: Springville, Iowa VIDEOS August 18, 2015 11:07PM
Here are videos from all of the classes from last Friday nights pull. Over 80+ hooks! Great Show!

Re: Springville, Iowa VIDEOS August 19, 2015 01:51AM
Where is the video of the idiot flying the drone that crashed into a tree?

Re: Springville, Iowa VIDEOS August 20, 2015 06:07AM
That idiot will be at Hawkeye Downs this coming Saturday if you would like to ask him in person. I'll be at 300' with my camera like always.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,580, Posts: 229,613, Members: 3,320.
This forum: Topics: 37,058, Posts: 225,861.

Our newest member Fechtner Racing