Information on Robert Elliotts Old Modified September 09, 2015 02:28AM
OK gang, I need some help here. I purchased an old modified tractor (F-30) to restore off of Dwayne & Sabrina Harrell from Sevierville TN about a year ago. They bought the tractor from Gary Cook of Springfield TN. I finally talked to Gary Cook last Friday night trying to find older photos and information on the tractor. I thought it was one of the original modifieds that Gary had built (and that's the main reason I bought it) back in the early 1970's. Gary's recollection of the tractor was that he had bought the F-30 chassis off of Robert Elliott from Mayfield KY. After Gary bought it from Robert Elliott, Gary run it with twin blown BB Chevys. He said this chassis predated Robert Elliott's successful "Fancy Farmer" tractor built in the early 80's. I guess what I'm looking for is any help in getting more information and hopefully photo's of this tractor when Robert Elliott owned it. I realize that Robert has passed on, and I'm not sure who to talk to concerning the tractor (any Elliott family members?). I provided a photo of what it looked like when I bought it off of Dwayne and his wife Sabrina. Thanks for any help in advance

Re: Information on Robert Elliotts Old Modified September 11, 2015 01:33AM
I just got some information from a posting I made on another pulling site. Kenny C. was nice enough to post a photo and gave some information on the tractor I bought that is pictured in the previous posting I made. It was called "Little Elephant" and owned by Robert Elliott. Kenny said that there was a photo of it located on the TNT Motorsports Facebook page. The second photo is provided thanks to Tanner. It's a photo from an edition of "Puller" magazine circa 1975 and Gary Cook with his "Tennessee Sodbuster". When we were looking to buy the tractor, I actually thought the "Tennessee Sodbuster" looked like the chassis we were buying, but according to Gary Cook it's not. Thanks again Tanner for posting the photo. Does the photo and name of Robert Elliott's tractor ring any bells out there? Does anyone else have any photos of "Little Elephant"?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2015 01:36AM by One Sick Puppy.

Re: Information on Robert Elliotts Old Modified January 12, 2016 05:45AM
Ok, harvest and the holidays are over with, so now there's a lot of people back at their keyboards. So, your task is to try and help me find out more information on the "Little Elephant" once owned by Robert Elliott. Any additional photos, any information, or any surviving relatives that I can contact concerning Robert's tractor. Look at the earlier posting in this thread and see if you can help me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Charlie Jones
AKA/One Sick Puppy

Re: Information on Robert Elliotts Old Modified November 28, 2020 03:25PM
Hey Charlie,

This is many years later from your post. I am Robert Elliott's son, David. Yes, I can give you more info if you're still wanting it about the old F-30. My dad got it from one of his uncles and he picked it because of the strong gears that could stand up to the rigors of tractor pulling. He originally started working on it in the early 1970's. The first engine he put in it was a 392 Hemi that he got from his friend Charlie Brewer. We pulled the engine out of an old Imperial Chrysler that he had junked long ago, but the engine was still good. If interested I can likely find some old photo's and send them to you and give you a pretty close history of the old F-30.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,573, Posts: 229,600, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,057, Posts: 225,854.

Our newest member BadHabit2