Peoria IL HOI Fair Farm Stock Pull 2016 - Three Classes January 23, 2016 02:36AM
Alright fans and pullers, as you may know we're going to be pulling farm stock tractors on Tuesday night at the HOI Fair in Peoria IL again this year. We have confirmed that we will be adding a class as well. There will be THREE farm stock classes on Tuesday night right after the 8000lb Pro Stock Diesel Pickups.

Here's what has been proposed:

10klb stock - 100 or 110 factory HP limit 2.3in turbo limit. 2800rpm limit.

14klb OPEN, bring the hottest of the hot and the baddest of the bad as long as it's stock appearing. 2800rpm and no cut tires.

16k stock - No factory HP limit 2.3in turbo limit. 2800rpm limit.

My apologies for last year's stock classes having the one very hot tractor in them, we will NOT have that problem again this year GUARANTEED! You know if you should be in the OPEN and so will we. Judges discretion as to what is considered not "stock."

WE ALSO NEED SPONSORS FOR THIS YEAR. We are provided the track, sled, and crew so any money for trophies and or winnings come from our generous sponsors. We would love to have your banner up along side the track and your name mentioned throughout the evening by the announcers in trade for a small contribution to the pull.

100% entry fee payback regardless of how many people are in the class. We've always paid back all of the money we took in for entry fees and this year will be no different (I think we paid back to 10th place last year in every class!).

There will not be a speed limit, we will instead be enforcing the turbo rule. If you don't want to pull the intake off, you may elect to forfeit your winnings and entry fee instead.

Re: Peoria IL HOI Fair Farm Stock Pull 2016 - Three Classes January 23, 2016 04:41AM
To be fair, the hot IH was within the rules for that year and we checked to make sure (after a protest on RPM).

We have changed the rules because we want to have a class for the guys that are too hot to be stock and a class for the guys that are traditionalists and/or still use the machine daily/weekly/monthly.

Just wanted to clear the air on that subject.

Re: Peoria IL HOI Fair Farm Stock Pull 2016 - Three Classes January 23, 2016 07:48AM
In the 14000lb open class, "no cut tires" does that include top cuts?

Re: Peoria IL HOI Fair Farm Stock Pull 2016 - Three Classes January 23, 2016 10:25AM
I think what we'll do is implement a protest rule for things that aren't obvious. 200 dollars to protest and if you win the protest you get your 200 back plus the illegal party's winnings. If someone can prove a tire is top cut or RPM were too high or the turbo is too big the protestor wins (easy to prove the last two, not sure how to differentiate top cut tires from very road worn).

I'm open to suggestions on how to keep the rules from being broken.

Re: Peoria IL HOI Fair Farm Stock Pull 2016 - Three Classes January 23, 2016 10:40AM
true road worn tires are never totally flat,always will have a round hump or bump on the tread,many will argue that their groomed and cut tires are road worn,but anyone paying attention to true road wear knows the obvious difference.Many clubs have adapted top cuts to rid the problem of policing groomed tires.

Re: Peoria IL HOI Fair Farm Stock Pull 2016 - Three Classes January 24, 2016 05:05AM
A 2.75 turbo limit is hardly a limit at all if you're wanting non sanctioned stock ish tractors. A 2.75 charger will allow more than road gear speeds, and I'm sure you're not after that.

Re: Peoria IL HOI Fair Farm Stock Pull 2016 - Three Classes January 24, 2016 05:22AM
injpumped
A 2.75 turbo limit is hardly a limit at all if you're wanting non sanctioned stock ish tractors. A 2.75 charger will allow more than road gear speeds, and I'm sure you're not after that.

We can make a million rules, I'm not sure enough people will show up with really hot tractors to necessitate all the rules. Naysayers have said we'll have all kinds of problems with our rules for two years now but we have always had a good pull because only the people around us even show up (there were 19 tractors last year in each class I believe so we're not hiring for numbers either obviously).

Just want everyone to be able to pull against similar machines. Would love to have all you guys show up for the open class, Ed!

Re: Peoria IL HOI Fair Farm Stock Pull 2016 - Three Classes January 24, 2016 08:11AM
I'd bring the 2H2F for the open class if I could run it as-is (12,500 lb, 3000 RPM, with safety equipment).

Re: Peoria IL HOI Fair Farm Stock Pull 2016 - Three Classes January 24, 2016 08:33AM
Ian Radtke
I'd bring the 2H2F for the open class if I could run it as-is (12,500 lb, 3000 RPM, with safety equipment).

I would love to have you guys, would it be too much to ask to take off the side shields? People have a misconception that they add horsepower.

Re: Peoria IL HOI Fair Farm Stock Pull 2016 - Three Classes January 23, 2016 03:57PM
HOI FAIR PULL
Alright fans and pullers, as you may know we're going to be pulling farm stock tractors on Tuesday night at the HOI Fair in Peoria IL again this year. We have confirmed that we will be adding a class as well. There will be THREE farm stock classes on Tuesday night right after the 8000lb Pro Stock Diesel Pickups.

Here's what has been proposed:

10klb stock - 100 or 110 factory HP limit 2.3in turbo limit. 2800rpm limit.

14klb OPEN, bring the hottest of the hot and the baddest of the bad as long as it's stock appearing. 2800rpm and no cut tires.

16k stock - No factory HP limit 2.3in turbo limit. 2800rpm limit.

My apologies for last year's stock classes having the one very hot tractor in them, we will NOT have that problem again this year GUARANTEED! You know if you should be in the OPEN and so will we. Judges discretion as to what is considered not "stock."

Who will be insuring this pull?

WE ALSO NEED SPONSORS FOR THIS YEAR. We are provided the track, sled, and crew so any money for trophies and or winnings come from our generous sponsors. We would love to have your banner up along side the track and your name mentioned throughout the evening by the announcers in trade for a small contribution to the pull.

100% entry fee payback regardless of how many people are in the class. We've always paid back all of the money we took in for entry fees and this year will be no different (I think we paid back to 10th place last year in every class!).

There will not be a speed limit, we will instead be enforcing the turbo rule. If you don't want to pull the intake off, you may elect to forfeit your winnings and entry fee instead.

Re: Peoria IL HOI Fair Farm Stock Pull 2016 - Three Classes January 23, 2016 04:00PM
Who will be insuring this pull?

Re: Peoria IL HOI Fair Farm Stock Pull 2016 - Three Classes January 24, 2016 12:05AM
In your 14000 lb open class is that ok if I run a blanket covering my steel clutch and flywheel, would that be stock appearing?o

Re: Peoria IL HOI Fair Farm Stock Pull 2016 - Three Classes January 24, 2016 03:40AM
two banger
In your 14000 lb open class is that ok if I run a blanket covering my steel clutch and flywheel, would that be stock appearing?o

I would prefer if the tractors didn't have scatter blankets as that indicates to some that the machine is an association tractor. 2800RPM should be low enough that we don't have to run that type of equipment.

That being said, I hesitate to prohibit safety equipment if that particular puller wants to run it. I think we'll have to put a turbo limit on this open class as well to keep the pullers in check. How does everyone feel about a 2.75in inlet rule in the open?

Re: Peoria IL HOI Fair Farm Stock Pull 2016 - Three Classes January 25, 2016 02:51PM
HOI FAIR PULL
two banger

I would prefer if the tractors didn't have scatter blankets as that indicates to some that the machine is an association tractor. 2800RPM should be low enough that we don't have to run that type of equipment.

That being said, I hesitate to prohibit safety equipment if that particular puller wants to run it. I think we'll have to put a turbo limit on this open class as well to keep the pullers in check. How does everyone feel about a 2.75in inlet rule in the open?

2800 RPM no scatter blankets this is some of the dumbest @#$%& I have read today. You want to spend $2000 on pumps and turbos you can spend $500 for some safety equipment.

Re: Peoria IL HOI Fair Farm Stock Pull 2016 - Three Classes January 25, 2016 03:23PM
No one said to take anything off, learn how to read. You want to put on a pull than have at it. Until then STFU. If you're so concerned about it don't come. 2800rpm is nothing you need a blanket for, some tractors came factory rated higher than that.

Re: Peoria IL HOI Fair Farm Stock Pull 2016 - Three Classes January 25, 2016 04:01PM
G nuts
No one said to take anything off, learn how to read. You want to put on a pull than have at it. Until then STFU. If you're so concerned about it don't come. 2800rpm is nothing you need a blanket for, some tractors came factory rated higher than that.

Well Mr. G . HOI SAID " would it be to much to ask if you took your side shields off" maybe you need a reading class yourself

Re: Peoria IL HOI Fair Farm Stock Pull 2016 - Three Classes January 24, 2016 03:35AM
Administrative duties, such as insurance, are the concern of the fair board.

Re: Peoria IL HOI Fair Farm Stock Pull 2016 - Three Classes January 25, 2016 02:24PM
HOI FAIR PULL

Then I hope for your fair's sake that it has good insurance because from the rules that I have seen in the 16k class, it looks like an accident waiting to happen.
Sorry, but that's just how I see it.

I am 45 minutes south of the HOI fair.

Clark Oltmanns
Lincoln, Il.

Re: Peoria IL HOI Fair Farm Stock Pull 2016 - Three Classes January 25, 2016 02:33PM
Supertiquer
HOI FAIR PULL

Then I hope for your fair's sake that it has good insurance because from the rules that I have seen in the 16k class, it looks like an accident waiting to happen.

Clark Oltmanns
Lincoln, Il.

Are you bringing a tractor? Have you had a tractor there? The pull is a good time. No one has ever been out of control.

Re: Peoria IL HOI Fair Farm Stock Pull 2016 - Three Classes January 25, 2016 02:36PM
Supertiquer
HOI FAIR PULL

Clark Oltmanns
Lincoln, Il.

If you don't pull there no one cares if you think there's going to be a problem. Bernie Sanders thinks there's a problem that he can fix too, more than one person thought the world was going to end last year, you're all wrong. Pull, offer rule suggestions, or zip it.

Re: Peoria IL HOI Fair Farm Stock Pull 2016 - Three Classes January 25, 2016 02:59PM
No one cares
Supertiquer
HOI FAIR PULL

Clark Oltmanns
Lincoln, Il.

If you don't pull there no one cares if you think there's going to be a problem. Bernie Sanders thinks there's a problem that he can fix too, more than one person thought the world was going to end last year, you're all wrong. Pull, offer rule suggestions, or zip it.

I think your the one that needs to zip it, Clark is a well respected person in the sport and his opinion matters just as much as everyone else. He's not a keyboard puller like yourself. I second what Clark said, it's an accident waiting to happen. Suggesting people actually take safety equipment off is the absolute dumbest thing I've ever heard in my entire life. I actually thought this thread was a joke for a second until I read deeper into it.

Dave Delhotal
delhotalfarms@gmail.com

Re: Peoria IL HOI Fair Farm Stock Pull 2016 - Three Classes January 25, 2016 03:30PM
Beat me to it Dave. Very well put. The point that Clark is trying to get across is the issue with insurance and safety. Rules are one thing. But in reading this thread I have a hard time believing that the 16k class doesn't fall into an open/hot class too through interpretation. Asking that sanctioned vehicles would be welcome to run, but would be better for the promoters standpoint to have said vehicles remove some of the safety equipment is plain asinine. I get everyone can't put together a sanctioned vehicle, and there are those who do this for the shear enjoyment. Those of you who make a commitment and pay your dues to an organization, I hope you understand that by participating in such events makes it harder for organizations to fulfill commitments and contracts. Bottom line if anything was to happen to said vehicles with removed safety equipment its going to fall back onto the organization that vehicle represents. Who's liable and who looks like the fool now? Keep on patronizing these types of events boys and you are liable "bankrupt" your class right out of business. My personal opinion for the fair/promoter is to shop around for organizations who provide insurance, govern rules, and could bring a sanctioned class or two with it. You would be money ahead for the promoters stand point. Having to put up $200 claimer / protest rule for stock?!!!! At want point does this make any of this pull a "stock" pull then? Come on 2.75 inlet?? Where do I stop?

Re: Peoria IL HOI Fair Farm Stock Pull 2016 - Three Classes January 25, 2016 03:50PM
Paranormal Pumpkin
Beat me to it Dave. Very well put. The point that Clark is trying to get across is the issue with insurance and safety. Rules are one thing. But in reading this thread I have a hard time believing that the 16k class doesn't fall into an open/hot class too through interpretation. Asking that sanctioned vehicles would be welcome to run, but would be better for the promoters standpoint to have said vehicles remove some of the safety equipment is plain asinine. I get everyone can't put together a sanctioned vehicle, and there are those who do this for the shear enjoyment. Those of you who make a commitment and pay your dues to an organization, I hope you understand that by participating in such events makes it harder for organizations to fulfill commitments and contracts. Bottom line if anything was to happen to said vehicles with removed safety equipment its going to fall back onto the organization that vehicle represents. Who's liable and who looks like the fool now? Keep on patronizing these types of events boys and you are liable "bankrupt" your class right out of business. My personal opinion for the fair/promoter is to shop around for organizations who provide insurance, govern rules, and could bring a sanctioned class or two with it. You would be money ahead for the promoters stand point. Having to put up $200 claimer / protest rule for stock?!!!! At want point does this make any of this pull a "stock" pull then? Come on 2.75 inlet?? Where do I stop?

Just don't come to the pull, if you saw the crowd that was there for the last two years of this versus any other night aside from stock pickup night you'd shut your stupid food hole. The fair has an organization, the ITPA, but we go just to watch the locals go at it. Bottom line is that there are hundreds of stock pulls all over every year where they don't want shields and blankets but nothing happens, they're are also pulls where there are a bunch of rules and equipment for safety that people get hurt at. Thems the breaks in motorsports. Duh.

Re: Peoria IL HOI Fair Farm Stock Pull 2016 - Three Classes January 26, 2016 03:47PM
Caught another one
Paranormal Pumpkin

Just don't come to the pull, if you saw the crowd that was there for the last two years of this versus any other night aside from stock pickup night you'd shut your stupid food hole. The fair has an organization, the ITPA, but we go just to watch the locals go at it. Bottom line is that there are hundreds of stock pulls all over every year where they don't want shields and blankets but nothing happens, they're are also pulls where there are a bunch of rules and equipment for safety that people get hurt at. Thems the breaks in motorsports. Duh.

If you just go watch to see the locals, then why don't the locals have their own night of pulling instead of riding on the shirt tails of ITPA? Would the crowd that you speak of for the last 2 years still be there if it was locals only? The fair has NO pulling organization. The fair HIRES ITPA to put on a show.

Re: Peoria IL HOI Fair Farm Stock Pull 2016 - Three Classes January 26, 2016 11:26PM
Another one caught
Caught another one
Paranormal Pumpkin

If you just go watch to see the locals, then why don't the locals have their own night of pulling instead of riding on the shirt tails of ITPA? Would the crowd that you speak of for the last 2 years still be there if it was locals only? The fair has NO pulling organization. The fair HIRES ITPA to put on a show.

No one is riding the ITPA shortfalls I mean shirt tails by being there at the same time. Local farm stock pulls have been held there since around 1970 if I recall. How long has the ITPA been there again?

Re: Peoria IL HOI Fair Farm Stock Pull 2016 - Three Classes January 26, 2016 11:59AM
A pull like this still gives opportunities to people that want to pull and have in the past paid dues to certain organizations and refuse to do so now that "have no control over announcers" according to the past president.

Re: Peoria IL HOI Fair Farm Stock Pull 2016 - Three Classes January 24, 2016 10:01AM
Please go to Facebook and like "PSR Pulling" where we will have an open discussion concerning the rules and classes.

Re: Peoria IL HOI Fair Farm Stock Pull 2016 - Three Classes January 24, 2016 01:31PM
What rule changes are being made to keep the hot IH out of the stock classes this year.

Re: Peoria IL HOI Fair Farm Stock Pull 2016 - Three Classes January 24, 2016 01:55PM
We made a hot class for him and many other tractors like his (mine for instance). We all know who should be in the hot class and who should be in the stock class.

Head on over to the Facebook page "PSR Pulling" and join the rule/class discussion. We just want everyone to be in a class that's got similar tractors to theirs.

Re: Peoria IL HOI Fair Farm Stock Pull 2016 - Three Classes January 24, 2016 02:38PM
Is 16 stock too heavy ? Seems like lots of weight to put on a 10xx . 44xx etc seems most of the stock tractors seem to be in that range , just wondering ?

Re: Peoria IL HOI Fair Farm Stock Pull 2016 - Three Classes January 25, 2016 02:03AM
4020dt
Is 16 stock too heavy ? Seems like lots of weight to put on a 10xx . 44xx etc seems most of the stock tractors seem to be in that range , just wondering ?

The 16k class is not designed for 10xx or 44xx exactly. The 16k class is more for the 4640's with a cab, there's a 7810 that comes out to pull, a 2590 Case with a cab, etc. The lighter class is for the 10xx and 44xx with no cab or four post/two post and the 14 open is for the hot stuff.

It seems to me that there are far more 966, and 4020 type tractors that are actually Stock that fit in the 10,500lb or so class and there are a lot of tractors that are still used or have cabs and are actually Stock for the 16klb class. However, there are very few 14k tractors around us that are (or even belong in) stock. There are some, but the majority would be in a hot stock class because that's what they are (pump, injectors, turbo upgraded machines).

If you have a 4020/966 or some other lighter tractor we have a class for that at 10,500lb (or whatever you pullers want, still to be decided on the facebook page "PSR Pulling") if you have a heavy tractor like a 2590 Case or a 5488 IH or a 4640 Deere with cabs you have the 16k.

Re: Peoria IL HOI Fair Farm Stock Pull 2016 - Three Classes January 26, 2016 04:01AM
I can see that there is some controversy here, that's not what I intended.

We will probably just follow the rules for every other pull within a 100 mile radius and say "stock appearing" with a "judges discretion" disclaimer.

If you are not coming to the event or bringing a tractor to the event I am not sure that the discussion even applies to you, that being said suggestions are welcomed. I may not agree with what is said but I can appreciate opinions of others who have been around a while.

Re: Peoria IL HOI Fair Farm Stock Pull 2016 - Three Classes January 26, 2016 04:17AM
HOI FAIR PULL
I can see that there is some controversy here, that's not what I intended.

We will probably just follow the rules for every other pull within a 100 mile radius and say "stock appearing" with a "judges discretion" disclaimer.

If you are not coming to the event or bringing a tractor to the event I am not sure that the discussion even applies to you, that being said suggestions are welcomed. I may not agree with what is said but I can appreciate opinions of others who have been around a while.

Here are said rules from the Henry, IL event. No one seems to mind them and they always have a good event as well.

CONTEST RULES:
Puller will supply a large twist or flat ring clevis to hook to.
Maximum 20" drawbar height, minimum 18" behind center of rear axle.
Rear tire size width and diameter limited to maximum of 18.4 - 42 or 20.8 - 38.
No cut tires allowed.
Farm Stock tractor turbo limitation: 2.31" at the inlet flange of the compressor.
Stock appearing pump and turbo.
10% over OEM or maximum of 2,800 engine RPM's for all classes.
No aftermarket engine inner coolers.
Stock fuel only.
No water injection.
One turbo limit.
OEM style manifolds for all NA classes.
Stock ignition systems for all NA classes.
OEM draft carburetion for all NA classes.
All tractors may be tested for high idle after a pull.
Tractors over the high idle limit will be disqualified.
Track judge may disqualify any contestant operating in an unsafe manner.
All drivers will sign an insurance liability waiver form. If under 18 years of age, a parent or guardian must also sign.
Must be at least 16 years of age to compete. Drivers ages 16 & 17 must have a signed parental consent form.
Order of pull will be determined by drawing.
Changes made day of event take precedence over any printed rules.
Unsportsmanlike conduct will not be tolerated.
All decisions made by flagmen are final.
Any tractor that enters a stock class cannot enter a hot farm class.
Any tractor that enters a hot farm class cannot enter a stock class.

Re: Peoria IL HOI Fair Farm Stock Pull 2016 - Three Classes January 27, 2016 12:30AM
I have no tractor in this pull but to take off safety equipment to fit in a class is not by any means a good idea. Here is why. If a tractor is hot and has a steel flywheel etc. I doubt it will stay within the 2800 rpms or 10% over. What ever that would be unless you have a warning system or device that will keep it at the set rpms. Even if they play by the rules it's not good. I had a fan blade come off a farm tractor pulling a round baler at less than 1500 rpms. The fan blade went out of the tractor putting a hole in the hood and a hole in a road sign. If it had gone out he other side it would have hit a kid on a bicycle. From then on when we pulled at a fair and they asked about our side shields I said shields stay or I go. Think about something coming off and hitting someone at a pull. Some innocent kid may die. If it where up to me all tractors would have safety equipment. I have been involved in pulling for over 30 years and it's always wise to take safety 1st. Your turbo rule is certainly better than a 3" turbo for stock but even 2.8 is bigger than any stock turbo I have seen.

Re: Peoria IL HOI Fair Farm Stock Pull 2016 - Three Classes January 27, 2016 02:16AM
me
I have no tractor in this pull but to take off safety equipment to fit in a class is not by any means a good idea. Here is why. If a tractor is hot and has a steel flywheel etc. I doubt it will stay within the 2800 rpms or 10% over. What ever that would be unless you have a warning system or device that will keep it at the set rpms. Even if they play by the rules it's not good. I had a fan blade come off a farm tractor pulling a round baler at less than 1500 rpms. The fan blade went out of the tractor putting a hole in the hood and a hole in a road sign. If it had gone out he other side it would have hit a kid on a bicycle. From then on when we pulled at a fair and they asked about our side shields I said shields stay or I go. Think about something coming off and hitting someone at a pull. Some innocent kid may die. If it where up to me all tractors would have safety equipment. I have been involved in pulling for over 30 years and it's always wise to take safety 1st. Your turbo rule is certainly better than a 3" turbo for stock but even 2.8 is bigger than any stock turbo I have seen.

It's not 10% over 2800, it's 10% over stock or MAXIMUM 2800. If they aren't playing by the rules they will be liable for the damage. I am not trying to sound pretentious or even pretend like I am smarter than anyone, however, as a result of my profession it is my opinion that when you are participating in a sport and act outside of the confides of the rules of that sport YOU are liable for damages to others as a result NOT the association or the location.

A fan blade coming off at 1500RPM just means that anything can happen at any time. It's not indicative of what is going to happen. Find me a motorsport where there has never been an accident regardless of what safety equipment was in place (ie: NASCAR and "Catch Fences") and I'll show you the best cover up people in the business.

I'm not trying to get pro farms or pro stocks to come in and take off their safety equipment to pull. I'm saying that with our rules, as they have always been, and with having people abide by them the pull does not necessitate skatter blankets, side shields, etc. We put on a fun to watch/fun to participate in show with GREAT payouts. We intend to keep it that way as well.

There was never a 3in turbo rule for the stock class. I agree, even 2.8 is bigger than any stock twd tractor I have ever seen (so is 2.6 for that matter which is why we are following Jerry's 2.3 rule for true stock classes).

We will be following the rules that Henry, IL uses from above (same rules as Wyoming/Laura/Princeton/Paw Paw/etc.) and have a stock appearing rule for all classes. All of the tractors that compete at farm stock pulls across the country are encouraged to come out and pull. If you have shields and blankets I will NOT ask you to take them off, however, you know that you have to peal them back to show that it's stock appearing and you know that you have to pull in the hot class. Come out and pull or just enjoy the show.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,613, Posts: 229,668, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,064, Posts: 225,889.

Our newest member JD_8520