IH rockshaft delete April 12, 2016 02:07PM
looking at taking the complete rockshaft housing off my 706 and was wondering what all needs to go with it? also someone told me to take the hitch pump out and add a freeze plug in place of the tube going to the filter, is that correct or does that pump stay for any lubrication purpose of the diff components?
Any info or pictures would be greatly appreciated
Thanks, Mike

Re: IH rockshaft delete April 13, 2016 03:17AM
They are correct, the pump does not lubricate anything in the rear end. You can also remove the draft sensing arm from the load shaft while you are at it.

Re: IH rockshaft delete April 14, 2016 01:02AM
If i remember correctly if you take the top link plate off while the tractors running, there is hy tran raining down on the rear components from the rockshaft cover, what happens to that oil supply raining over everything? will i have to put a lube line or something on?
thanks, Mike

Re: IH rockshaft delete April 14, 2016 01:41AM
we put fittings in our top covers to keep that oil flow same as original.

Re: IH rockshaft delete April 14, 2016 04:44AM
Thanks everyone of the tips, i appreciate it very much.
Mike

Re: IH rockshaft delete April 14, 2016 07:24AM
That flow is coming from the brake valve. Put your fitting in your top cover in about same place and it'll lube the diff

Re: IH rockshaft delete June 27, 2016 03:12PM
Pulled the top plate off today and i found that there is two (one on each side) small tubes in front of each dowel pins with what looks like rain caps that are spring loaded shut. what do i need to do with those and what is the function?
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks, Mike

Re: IH rockshaft delete June 27, 2016 03:31PM
They are vents for the final drives. Pull them out and discard. If there is no freeze plug behind inner axle bearing they aren't necessary. If plugs are in u can cut a small notch from hole to inside of rear end to vent

Re: IH rockshaft delete June 29, 2016 10:01AM
Anyone know the part numbers for the freeze out plugs that go in the hole where the rock shaft was !!! And the part numbers for the lift housing where the lift arms were. They came factory on a wheatland tractor

Re: IH rockshaft delete June 29, 2016 12:31PM
383331R1 for the plugs

call a salvage yard and ask for the rear end top cover from a 4366, i think 4386 used it to.
if you need the big cast one it's a 385931R92

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,579, Posts: 229,610, Members: 3,320.
This forum: Topics: 37,058, Posts: 225,859.

Our newest member Fechtner Racing