2016 Northern Light Limited Super Stock Series Schedule April 26, 2016 01:52AM
Thanks to Ed Shoobridge for all his hard work putting this series together. Also a huge thank you to the organizations and promoters who have supported the class, and in some cases even modified their rules to accommodate out of state tractors. This is exactly the type of cooperation that grows a class and grows the sport.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: 2016 Northern Light Limited Super Stock Series Schedule April 26, 2016 02:05AM
Just would have been nice to have the Wisconsin pulls at 6250 instead of 6000 . A pull in my back yard and can't pull at .

Re: 2016 Northern Light Limited Super Stock Series Schedule April 26, 2016 07:08AM
It's a lite class!! Get a grinder out and get to work! I'll never understand why people "can't" get that lite. In the south every brand is represented at 6000#, even a case with a de cubed 504 and a d-21. If those can make weight so can you. 6000# is the future of the llss class don't get left behind!

Re: 2016 Northern Light Limited Super Stock Series Schedule April 26, 2016 02:51AM
Thanks Jake for your help and Bryan Lively help. Also the two Sponsors who helped make this happen and the Promotors (contact person) who were and are a pleasure dealing with. I would also like to thank the pullers who participated last year and spread the word. I believe this year will be bigger than last year and I have a plan for year end $. Also this schedule will be published in the upcomming Hook Magazine (the official magazine for the LLSS) Thanks again everbody involved.

Re: 2016 Northern Light Limited Super Stock Series Schedule April 26, 2016 07:40AM
Ed,

I'm happy to help in any way I can. The LLSS is one of the best classes in this motorsport, if not the best. If it continues to grow like it has the past decade it might just be in every state and every corner of the pulling map very soon.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: 2016 Northern Light Limited Super Stock Series Schedule April 26, 2016 08:48AM
Well last year it was 6250 and all the pulls for scwtp are 6250 . I have things I can do to get that lite , but it takes time , but if that the weight for next year then I will make the changes . In the South how many are diesels on a given night?

Re: 2016 Northern Light Limited Super Stock Series Schedule April 26, 2016 09:23AM
Alky out numbers diesel 2:1 some nights 3:1, but my point is if the heavy diesels (case, d-21ac, 5000 ford, 560 with 466 all blowing smoke) can make weight at 6000# there shouldn't be any trouble for anyone to make weight. I think some of the guys up north are seeing the writing on the wall. And I know it takes time AND MONEY to get them lite but some pullers seem to think that it just can't be done

Re: 2016 Northern Light Limited Super Stock Series Schedule April 26, 2016 09:52AM
Are intercoolers allowed. I am at 410 with cooler and 3 by 4 charger

Re: 2016 Northern Light Limited Super Stock Series Schedule April 26, 2016 11:23AM
David, call the contact person listed for the pull or pulls you are interested in. Many of the listed pulls have adjusted their rules to accomodate. Thanks for your interest.

Re: 2016 Northern Light Limited Super Stock Series Schedule April 26, 2016 12:58PM
Its hard to believe that .a little class that I helped get started with ORVTPA has ended up getting so big .But its getting way past the beginner class with a budget that it was meant to be .When it was started the weight was 5700 then it went to 6000 that is a good number theres d21.s 4020s 1850 olivers and the fords all making the weight here in KY so why does it need to be heavier any wear else

Re: 2016 Northern Light Limited Super Stock Series Schedule April 26, 2016 10:50PM
Every time the discusion on the class comes up, everyone bitches about weight, and the token statement is "we pull at 6000 in KY, why can't everyone else?"

Did it ever occurr to you that challenging people to reduce weight can become a safety issue? Not everyone will approach weight reduction with the same principles in mind. Shaving the crap out of a casting is a recipe for disaster!! There is absolutely nothing wrong with 6200, or even 6500.

Just because that's how you do it in KY doesn't mean that everybody needs to follow your lead. Orgs will do what is best for the org and the area they are in, that's pretty much how it works. If you want to be able to travel around the country and pull anywhere, then I guess you make it as light as you need to fit all rules. If you're coming north from KY to hook this calss, you have no issue as apparently you guys have the lightest tractors in history, so what do you care, you'll make weight? Or do you feel the extra 200 pounds will break your feable chassiss?

Re: 2016 Northern Light Limited Super Stock Series Schedule April 26, 2016 11:06PM
When you add 200# to the class it kills the show, and the ride. Sounds like you just don't want anyone coming to play in your sand box. Funny thing is I've seen more bad rides at 6500 then I have at 6000, there are plenty of 8500# classes is your are scared of the "safety" issue. These tractors aren't making the power of a lss why in the h[££ would they need more weight then a lss??

Re: 2016 Northern Light Limited Super Stock Series Schedule April 27, 2016 12:30AM
kills the show.....really? what are you on? apparently you don't know how to weight a tractor if it makes you run out of control. and as far as not in my sandbox, if we have a higher weight limit, you can come and play any day. I can't play in yours if im heavy. Is that hard for you to understand? I'm fine with it.

Re: 2016 Northern Light Limited Super Stock Series Schedule April 27, 2016 05:07AM
If you want to pull over 6000 pounds there's classes for that the LIGHT class needs to stay 6000 if one of each brand can get down to it then anybody can do it cry all you want but 6000 is heavy enough

Re: 2016 Northern Light Limited Super Stock Series Schedule April 27, 2016 01:10AM
Yes this year the North/South 300 in Weyauwega WI will be 6000# for a $5000 purse in the afternoon session and the evening WTPA show the LLSS class will be 6250# $3500 raised purse for for all NTPA certified tractors. The last 2 years we had 35 & 38 LLSS pullers at our North/South 300 event. There are alot of great LLSS tractors out there. We enjoyed bringing the mix together from 7 states which makes it fun and would like to see more. The Spiegelberg Pulling Team enjoys traveling pulling with our out of state pullers when we can at 6000# and we appreciate all their support coming to Wisconsin for our event. John Anderson as well for his pull in Monroe the day after ours (also $5000 LLSS purse) and I felt in support of our Southern & other out of state Friends we would make the weight 6000# this year for our pulls which is the weight they are used to running to give fair advantage for our travelers for the large purses this year. No matter what weight we pick not everyone will be happy.

Re: 2016 Northern Light Limited Super Stock Series Schedule April 27, 2016 01:18AM
I thought we as groups in Wisconsin wanted to grow are class in the north. So why leave out tractors in the area that could could pull at these pulls with the rules that are in place

Re: 2016 Northern Light Limited Super Stock Series Schedule April 27, 2016 01:32AM
Now boys, this isn't the north against the south! Me personally I would like to see the weight set at 6000 (bet I didn't make any friends saying that). I am envious of the number of tractors and pulls that take place in Ky. Dealing with many people to put the Northern Series together, I use Gordyville as a example the weight has changed over the years and it seems the happy medium is 6250. I believe the entries from Ky. have no problem putting on 250 lbs (they may not like it) and the Badger State Boys (not all) had no problem getting down to 6250. When I deal with the promotors it has been hard to convience and many have changed their weight for the series. On the other hand, Ohio for example, they want 6500 because they NEED tractors to support this class. If they went lighter at this time they would loose local entries they need numbers to support this class in their state. My suggestion to anyone building or buying a LLSS tractor go for 6000#'s. When or if you go to sale it you have a bigger audience. In Michigan the west side just voted to keep 6500 and the east side has 6250!!!! Too many times rules are written arround one's own tractor and sand boxes are built. Personally I'm involved in influencing the two Canadian pulls and set the weight at 6250. Why? because the promotors want a number of enties, so geographically from them I'm in hopes we get tractors from Ky, just to the East is WNY they pull 6500 but many are able to get to 6250 and tractors from Mich 6500 have said they will support 6250. Armada, Mich is my pull, same thing! Remenber what I said at the beginning of this post "I like 6000#'s" my light drive train and engine are more competive at 6000, but sometimes you have to do whats best for the class. I do believe the rules for LLSS should be commonized like Superfarm. People like seeing this class for a number of reasons. Promotors realize that but want a good number of entries to put on a good show. My Northern Series I hope promotes the LLSS class. If you want to travel and see parts of this great county maybe I will see this summer. PS bring your tractor.

Re: 2016 Northern Light Limited Super Stock Series Schedule April 27, 2016 02:04AM
Well said Ed! I have told our guys in Ohio the same thing, Build them as light as safety allows. We do have a limited number of tractors, with more being built.
at this point we have left it at 6500lbs. Just don't want to discourage anyone.I too believe that the Magic number is 6,250. Hope to see some of you out of state guys come to a few of our Ohio Pulls this Year.

Thanks
Ron Bailey

Re: 2016 Northern Light Limited Super Stock Series Schedule April 27, 2016 05:36AM
Excellent discussion of the LLSS class! I agree that the way to keep this class growing is to work toward a uniform set of rules and weights. Ed is right, build it as light as you can and you will have more places to pull and a more saleable tractor in the end. I can't think of any LLSS tractors that couldn't make 6000# if they tried but that doesn't mean that 6000 is the only way to go. I am happy to support the "middle of the road" weight at 6250.
Wayne Stine

Re: 2016 Northern Light Limited Super Stock Series Schedule April 27, 2016 08:29AM
As we talk about rules and weights, as the years move on and technology gets better. The biggest thing will be tires , right now in the north it's hard to find good ag tires to get to 6000 . Badger State started out with a 6000 and 7000 two hook for the class and over the years with the roll cage it went to 6200 and when I started in 2002 it was 6500. So everyone needs to be open minded to keep it growing and try new things

Re: 2016 Northern Light Limited Super Stock Series Schedule April 27, 2016 11:13AM
It's not 2002 it's 2016 an for everyone that says the north has no llss or it isn't growing but down south they all are 6000 and there's new ones being built every year for 6000 the rules down south is what needs to be followed they already have a regular 25+ that runs all the time between org so why can't you go with the program that's working so everybody can have the uniform rules an pull whenever with whoever and as for tires WI has a good amount of tire cutters up there so you could prolly ask around for some different tires everyone down south has a hard time finding tires also

Re: 2016 Northern Light Limited Super Stock Series Schedule April 27, 2016 11:25AM
How many new diesels are being built down there , or just aklys. The way is sounds is that the only rules we should run is the South rules. So there's no common rules that that should be talked about

Re: 2016 Northern Light Limited Super Stock Series Schedule April 27, 2016 01:12PM
There's a few diesel stepping up from old to new not many diesels compared to the alkys percentage wise but i can say that you know they are there at the end of the night runnin with the alkys an as is for rules why try to change something that's going great? An what common rules other then weight that needs to be talked about being it up an lets see what people say. I'd like to see the twin charger guys at 360 ci besides 315 could give them
A little more ump an you can use a cummins without taking it down to 315

Re: 2016 Northern Light Limited Super Stock Series Schedule April 27, 2016 01:23PM
So if I make 6000 , I can bring my tractor that is 410cubes with intercooler and pull but would finish in the back of the pack . so the rules for the diesels don't match up with the aklys

Re: 2016 Northern Light Limited Super Stock Series Schedule April 27, 2016 02:16PM
The rules match up but for years the diesles were running a lot of stock parts and not doing there home work alcohol did have an advantage for a while but people like Alan More the Andersons ,Lary Phillips Tim Hamonds have proved a diesel can run just as good and better than most in this class .We have six diesles running here in KY they cant dominate but its six against 30.And about the weight two of them are 100 percent Allis d21s we have one that has a 806 rear with a 470 cube engine a massey with a 1100 rear 4020 johns and 1850 olivers all making the 6000 my tractor has the heavy 361 wich weighs the same as a dt466 and I can carry 10 75s at six like someone said it don't make since for our tractors to weigh more than the lss and the a the a massey is now packing a new heavy set of Parks pullers

Re: 2016 Northern Light Limited Super Stock Series Schedule April 27, 2016 03:22PM
I would like to see that 806/466 tractor apart. To have 200lb movable weight and a 200lb driver leaves you 5600lb

Dry dressed dt466 diesel is 1600lb +clutch and if you fill the head

That leaves less then 4000lb to build a complete rolling chassis. Can it be done? Maybe but it was either extremely expensive or it's really unsafe and shouldn't be on the track.

I also feel that if the ky tractors were hooking all year on some of the 'tough' tracks in the Midwest they would find more of the weaknesses in their lightened chassis and would understand why guys don't want to shave 250lb of cast out of the rear ends of their tractors

Re: 2016 Northern Light Limited Super Stock Series Schedule April 27, 2016 11:03PM
Dairy blend, thank you for calling exactly what I have been saying. Light is great if done safely, but I suspect they are shaving the crap out of the cast chassis or spending a small fortune (may as well build component, yes I said it) to get there. There are plenty of light rear ends out there to make the class for certain brands, but an 806, D21, or even a 4020 must require a ton of work/shaving to get there and I would question the safety all day long.

I also handily agree on the track/soil types. Put it to work instead of spinning on light soil and you'll quickly find out what happens.

The way the KY guys talk, you would 250 pounds was 2500 pounds!

Re: 2016 Northern Light Limited Super Stock Series Schedule April 28, 2016 03:46AM
So back when light supers were making about 300/400 hp more then the llss an ran 5500 pounds and didn't see a lot of guys break back then I mean yeah there was some breakage but the parts then an now have changed drastically everybody can cut something off an it be okay there all as safe as you can go some guys shave stuff up but there's a limit an a set of brains knowing how far you can go or stay on the safer side of things each class that is ag rear end can have chassis problems how can a 10,000 3000 hp pro stock still be running ag rearends without destroying it? Lighter is easier on the vehicle as a whole throw 250 more pounds on drive trains get more stress it changes your setup from normal and the heavier the more chances money an hp take over

Re: 2016 Northern Light Limited Super Stock Series Schedule April 29, 2016 01:18AM
I agree with some of what you are saying, 10000 pounds + 3000 HP would be best served as a component type vs Ag, but some still try.

You cannot seriuosly try and sell me on that fact that from 6000 to 6250 is a difference maker to the magnitude of which you suggest.

Perhaps some of the posts on here have merit......maybe it should be a 5500 or even a 5000 class and then it truly is a light chassis, drivers class, and would be filled with IH and Oliver and Ford based units only.

I'm not saying it's impossible to get some of the models discussed to 6000, but at what cost $$ and how safe? As always, given enough time and money, anyone can do anything I suppose.

Re: 2016 Northern Light Limited Super Stock Series Schedule April 28, 2016 05:32AM
The 806 has a 560 rear end,the D21 ran light super with 4 turbo for several years,also hooked it in the 8000 lbs class,has never had an issue breaking anything,and yes it's had the backend shaved an cut on quite a bit,but the guy knows D21s like he knows his kids.

Re: 2016 Northern Light Limited Super Stock Series Schedule April 29, 2016 01:21AM
That certainly makes more sense what you are saying about the 806 being a 560 rear.

The D21 is obviously legit and if it is done correct then kudos, glad to hear it and hope all continues to go well.

Re: 2016 Northern Light Limited Super Stock Series Schedule April 27, 2016 02:39PM
Anybody can finish back of the pack hp is always a plus but it isn't going to win each an every time it's all in the brains someone that has lower hp but can drive an set there tractor/truck has a better shot then someone who has tons of hp but can't put it to the ground or don't know how to setup there gear/weight anybody has a chance any night it's a tough class.

Re: 2016 Northern Light Limited Super Stock Series Schedule April 27, 2016 03:11PM
Next year with this series I would like to see a set weight for all hooks. Good luck everyone on there 2016 pulls

Re: 2016 Northern Light Limited Super Stock Series Schedule April 29, 2016 12:46AM
So what are the engine rules for all the different states for diesels? Cubic inch ,turbo size ?

Re: 2016 Northern Light Limited Super Stock Series Schedule April 29, 2016 12:59AM
470 to my understanding can run up to a 3.6 charger no intercooler. 410 with intercooler 3/4 with slots . 315 can run 2 chargers 3/4 with intercooler no slots. Now in badger state no slots and no 470

Re: 2016 Northern Light Limited Super Stock Series Schedule April 29, 2016 02:19AM
David Runkle (earls dream) those rules are for which state ? or is it for all ? some of the southern states have a 480 cub and some have a larger turbo rule also, to my understanding .

Re: 2016 Northern Light Limited Super Stock Series Schedule April 29, 2016 02:50AM
Badger state runs 410 with intercooler and one 3/4 charger with smooth bore. 315 with intercooler and two chargers 3/4 and smooth bore and no 470 cubic tractors. When I looked yesterday the most the others in Kentucky, Ohio and Michigan and south central Wisconsin were run the other said rules in the post above

Re: 2016 Northern Light Limited Super Stock Series Schedule April 29, 2016 05:30AM
David Runkle- You should come and just hook with us in South Central sometime. I think you would be supprised at how competative you will be with the group. All of the Badger State LLSS are tough tractors and would fit in with SCWTP. I think you diesel guys are more worried than you should be. You can always add a slotted charger if you dont have one now.

Re: 2016 Northern Light Limited Super Stock Series Schedule April 29, 2016 05:47AM
are you a new tractor, because I have pulled with SCWTP about one or two times since the group has started . I plan on pulling a few this year as well

Re: 2016 Northern Light Limited Super Stock Series Schedule May 09, 2016 07:24AM
Dave, I have no dog in this fight but Badger State started at 6,000 & 6,250 for the first years as the two weight classes. NA tractors were allowed 7,000 & 7,250.

Re: 2016 Northern Light Limited Super Stock Series Schedule May 09, 2016 09:15AM
I don't have a problem with the weight, just i was disappointed that the weight for the two pulls in Wisconsin was changed . They want 6000 for next year then I will make changes over this winter , but when it's changed two months before the season starts ,if hard to make the changes now

Re: 2016 Northern Light Limited Super Stock Series Schedule April 28, 2016 10:05AM
David to the best of my knowledge all organizations down here picked up the 410 intercooled rule smoothe bore charger I think so that you guys would be legal to come down here and run. And honestly I think you guys could come down here and wear us out, maybe not every week but you would have your fair shot.

Eric Prewitt
The Prewitt Pulling Team
Public Relations for
The Pulling Radio Network

Re: 2016 Northern Light Limited Super Stock Series Schedule April 28, 2016 10:20AM
I was looking at rules today and did find that, and looks like to we can use the sloted charger also. Someday when the milk cows are gone I just might take some pulling trips

Re: 2016 Northern Light Limited Super Stock Series Schedule April 28, 2016 11:41AM
lots of these tractors pulled in the 5500 pound super class and some places even had a 5000 pound class and guys could still make weight. didnt the squealer run in a 5700 pound class with three turbos and an overhead cam and get the power to the ground? everyone building a lite limited super should build it as lite as they can and 6000 pounds shouldnt be a problem.

Re: 2016 Northern Light Limited Super Stock Series Schedule April 28, 2016 01:07PM
What brands of tractors do the guys have that wants the 6500 pound classes .There was many of strong running IH460s and 88 olivers that pulled super stock for years back when you had a inch of tread on the tires and actualy pulled something but when the weight kept getting higher then they started giving trouble Eds tractor ran here in KY for years as a ss .and the 806 I was referring to is Adam Silverthorns tractor diesel with a 470 cube 407 in it .The only thing the lighter weight does is keep the class more competitive somebodys with a 80 thousand dollar tractor cant just dominate because you cant get but so much to the ground put the class back to 5500 pounds and theres not a tractor out there that can touch Eds little 460 with 320 cubes

Re: 2016 Northern Light Limited Super Stock Series Schedule April 28, 2016 01:11PM
The Wisconsin SCWTP club has 2 Red & 1 Green diesel LLSS tractors being built for 2017 season. I know of 1 Blue LLSS being built in KY too. More are coming. We have pulled against many diesels from KY, Iowa, IL, WI, MI, etc. We take them very serious every time we pull against them and graciously have lost to some of them. At the events with 20- 40 tractors we are glad to place in the top 5 -10 instead of worrying about winning with the tough competition of all the different LLSS tractors out there. The LLSS class is tough, competitive and friendly to one another and we enjoy travelling to compete against them. The freshened and new builds motors are running full potential. Some may need freshening up. More importantly than just the motor (diesel or alcohol ) a key to winning is a Good Driver, Tires & Air Pressure, Reading the Track, Weighting/Balance and your pull order number to name a few. The many motor combinations everyone is running out there as well as colors is part that makes it an exciting class and they all have there day depending on the tracks. Let's focus on the positive and enjoy pulling together.

Re: 2016 Northern Light Limited Super Stock Series Schedule May 08, 2016 01:58AM
Since this was posted, April 26th, notice the banner across the top of the Forum and For Sale page. Click on it and you will get the entire schedule. Thanks for setting that up Jake. Also If anyone is planning on attending the Ontario, Canadian pulls in June, Shedden and Dungannon, I have a Letter from the Canada Border Services Agency that states they reconize this event and understand entries will be attending from the states, bringing across vehicles and support equipment. If your from Western New York contact Faron Reding, I have sent him a PDF file of the letter. If your from Ky and You have talked to me about crossing at the Blue Water Bridge in Mich and convoying with me and other pullers from Mich I will have a copy for you. If anyone else is going to attend contact me and I will send the PDF file to your e mail. This letter does not replace a needed passport or enhanced drivers licence. Another option to get a copy of this letter is contact Steve Hutchings his phone number is listed on the published series. This letter is not required to cross the border but the promotor wants to make it as easy as possible for everyone and is excited to have this class again this year. Hope to see you there.

Re: 2016 Northern Light Limited Super Stock Series Schedule May 08, 2016 11:52AM
David, where have you seen that S.C.W.T.P. allows 3.6 chargers on 470 diesels? I know B.O.B. allow them. WNY uses S.C.W.T.P. rules and I haven't seen the 3.6 in there yet. I'd like to see it in there. I'm just wondering if I missed it.

Re: 2016 Northern Light Limited Super Stock Series Schedule May 08, 2016 10:46PM
I only seen the 3.6 rule with the Bob . In my opinion I think that rule should be looked at with all the 466 classes around does this class need that rule

Re: 2016 Northern Light Limited Super Stock Series Schedule May 09, 2016 04:40AM
With the way the Alkys are advancing so much I don't think I would take anything away from the diesels!

Re: 2016 Northern Light Limited Super Stock Series Schedule May 09, 2016 07:17AM
Oh, I have no problem with the diesels running the 3.6 charger. I was told that Larry Wright tried one out last year, Canada maybe, and the thing was vicious. If WNY allowed it, it might convince me to build a real smoker.

Re: 2016 Northern Light Limited Super Stock Series Schedule May 09, 2016 07:38AM
Joel, you should just go buy Larry Wright's Langford '15 winning Case diesel. Then you're ready to rock n' roll. Welcome to the club.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,576, Posts: 229,605, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,058, Posts: 225,857.

Our newest member BadHabit2