Part 2- How to grow the sport of pulling- Part 2 April 29, 2016 11:16AM
Part 2;
One of the problems is, we the fans of the sport some times have these rose colored glasses that taint our view of what the sport is. The die hard fan can't understand why everyone does not find the sport has exciting as we do. We need to step back and look at how can the shows be made more exciting and faster paced. What worked 10 years ago may now be stale, what kept the fans interest then will not be enough for the new breed of fans that the sport is trying to attract. So lets take a look at what works and what does not.

The biggest problem pulling need to overcome at all levels is the show itself. The shows lack nonstop action, there is to much dead time with nothing going on vs. vehicles going down the track. And unfortunately that is one of the selling points that other motor sports have that's makes their product a easy sell to families with young children. The sight and sound of a monster truck during a double back flip is what pulling is competing against. And if you do not believe me that pulling lacks non stop action just take a look at any YouTube video of any class with 15 vehicles, I don't care if it's mods, super stock or trucks. What takes between and hour and hour and a half to run is condensed down to a 5 minute YouTube video

Click here for part 2 of "How to grow pulling"

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2016 11:22AM by Dick Morgan.

Re: Part 2- How to grow the sport of pulling- Part 2 April 29, 2016 02:17PM
One thing I completely agree on is its bad form to have two tractors on two tracks pulling at tbe same time. As much as I enjoy BG and am an NTPA supporter, I can't for the life of me figure out why the track officials can't work together so only one vehicle is on a run at a time.

I know BG markets the race tractor thing but it is very distracting. Instead of having to choose to focus on one vehicle or the other, if one of the flagmen would wait about 15 seconds before giving the green (OR if someone like Larry R. could coordinate), the fans could give attention to each puller instead of only truly watching one or the other).

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,613, Posts: 229,668, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,064, Posts: 225,889.

Our newest member JD_8520