Injection Line Bulkhead Fittings May 02, 2016 09:52AM
Does anyone have a good source for bulkhead connectors for .093 and .120 injector lines? I need to re-route a set of lines through a 1/2" thick rail and am interested in looking at different options. Thank you. 608-317-7321

Re: Injection Line Bulkhead Fittings May 02, 2016 02:23PM
XRP

Re: Injection Line Bulkhead Fittings May 03, 2016 07:56AM
I downloaded their entire catalog and didn't find what I am looking for. Are you suggesting that I make lines that adapt to and from a JIC-2 or JIC-3 bulkhead fitting? I would like to keep the bulkheads as close to .093 or .120 as possible.

Re: Injection Line Bulkhead Fittings May 03, 2016 12:34PM
caterpillar has a bulkhead fitting on the b or c series 3406 i dont know if it will work on 1/2in material.

Re: Injection Line Bulkhead Fittings May 06, 2016 02:13AM
what about the 3208 through head connectors? They are a goofy size for the injector side, but if you're already making lines anyway,,,Or, just have a machine shop make a billet tube threaded at both ends as you need it to be. The 3208 connectors have an edge filter that would need removed, thus leaving a much larger passage than .0120".

Re: Injection Line Bulkhead Fittings May 06, 2016 03:14AM
Thanks for the input, and I understand what you are talking about. I think what I will have to do is buy a set of lines and cut them to get the right lengths for the two halves that I need. Then I will have to clean them up, install nuts and ferrules on each side and flare the injection lines. A JIC-4 bulkhead will be close, while a JIC-3 fitting is dead on for my application. Sourcing the JIC-3 is a little bit difficult, but I will search once more before I order. Given the nature of this design, I had probably use standard steel line material to avoid cracking when I flare. Do you think stainless lined would flare ok? They seem to hold well when ends are put on them to match pump and injector nuts....

Re: Injection Line Bulkhead Fittings May 07, 2016 02:16AM
I highly doubt a jic style fitting will work for injection lines, much less trying to flare the line itself.

Re: Injection Line Bulkhead Fittings May 07, 2016 02:26AM
I personally don't think a JIC flare would be a good idea , I would worry about the flare splitting on you. Lou is right about finding some adapters from a 3208 , 3406 or 3408 and using the ferrule compression type lines. The adapter goes through the valve cover and has a jam nut on the other side and I am sure you could make something work , even if you had to make a .125 spacer or something.

Re: Injection Line Bulkhead Fittings May 09, 2016 01:30AM
I would think it would be an easy thing to make for a good machinist. All you need is a round bar stock, machined at both ends to look like an injector inlet fitting, and thread it on outside to make it a bulkhead fitting. I cannot think of anything out there that used something like this that doesn't use odd fittings on one of the ends like the Cat.

Re: Injection Line Bulkhead Fittings May 09, 2016 03:20AM
I appreciate the input guys. I have no reason to use stainless lines. I could easily make them out of the mild material. 37* flare would be easier to achieve than the 45*, so that's where I thought the JIC would be optimal. Maybe you are on to something though, Injpumped. Maybe I should simply make my own bulkhead fittings and mock the ends of a common injector on both sides. This is the only way I could keep the I.D. of my lines consistent. With the JIC fitting, my lines would open up to a .170" while it passes through the side of my cylinder head. If I made my own, I could turn out a set with an .093 bore as well as a .120 bore depending on what kind of fuel this thing is going to want.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,613, Posts: 229,668, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,064, Posts: 225,889.

Our newest member JD_8520