Seal tech head gasket June 11, 2016 03:32AM
What do I want to use to seal my seal tech head gasket. I'm guessing I want something different than aluminum paint?? Is there a 3M product that works?

Re: Seal tech head gasket June 11, 2016 04:58AM
If you are talking about individual fire rings that seal the combustion chambers then I always install them dry. Then if your setup uses a stock type gasket with the stock fire rings removed then I'd use copper coat or aluminum paint on that. If this is not what you're talking about then disregard my post.

Re: Seal tech head gasket June 11, 2016 07:57AM
I am talking about a reusable seal tech head gasket. I will install the fire rings dry but I need to know what to use on the head gasket itself.

Re: Seal tech head gasket June 11, 2016 11:13AM
I use copper gasket spray on mine and it works great never had a problem.

Re: Seal tech head gasket June 11, 2016 11:52AM
I second copper spray.

Re: Seal tech head gasket June 11, 2016 01:03PM
Thanks guys! How hard is it to clean up after? Assuming you spray both sides down good?

Neighbor used a 3M case sealant on his but said it was more challenging to apply and had excess seeping out in many places.

Re: Seal tech head gasket June 11, 2016 01:28PM
Pretty easy clean up I just put the gasket in the parts washer brush it off and brake cleaner with a scotch bright pad on the block and head.

And FYI I don't know what your going to run for coolant but I have to run just water, we had problems with the antifreeze seeping.

Re: Seal tech head gasket June 26, 2016 03:11AM
Can you use a high temp silicone to seal it up?? Anyone have a silicone product they would recommend??

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,579, Posts: 229,610, Members: 3,320.
This forum: Topics: 37,058, Posts: 225,859.

Our newest member Fechtner Racing