MCV trouble? June 23, 2016 03:45PM
I've got something wrong with my MVC valve on my 966 IH, I rebuilt the valve and put new 1566-1586 MCV valve springs in to bump up the psi to the TA. I have noticed that when I push the clutch in, sometimes there is a clunk sound under my feet and I can feel it in the peddle when in gear or out of gear, it seems worse in gear at times and the tractor seems to almost jolt when it does this in gear. Now I thought it would be fixed after I adjusted the clutch and dump valve and so on, and that it would be fixed after that, but to no success. Another thing too is when I can stand on the ground and just push the dump valve lever to make it look like I pushed the clutch in it does that clunk also. What would/could cause this???

Re: MCV trouble? June 24, 2016 01:24AM
Did you check the pressure after you changed the springs? Sounds like your clunk is the high side clutch dropping off and the sprag locking in, which would be worse when in gear. Sometimes the heavy spring will coil bind and send the pressure to high and cause lots of bad things to happen.

Re: MCV trouble? June 24, 2016 03:40AM
AAR
Did you check the pressure after you changed the springs? Sounds like your clunk is the high side clutch dropping off and the sprag locking in, which would be worse when in gear. Sometimes the heavy spring will coil bind and send the pressure to high and cause lots of bad things to happen.

Yes I did, I don't remember exactly what it is at this time but it was around the 300psi range. If the psi is ok would that clunk hurt anything? Nothing is leaking or anything like that.

Re: MCV trouble? June 24, 2016 06:33AM
I don't think it will but it will be annoying. I assume you mean by jolting it feels similar to a downshift of the ta?

Re: MCV trouble? June 24, 2016 06:39AM
AAR
I don't think it will but it will be annoying. I assume you mean by jolting it feels similar to a downshift of the ta?

Yes sir!

Re: MCV trouble? June 25, 2016 06:59AM
Try loosening the adjustment on the dump valve and the transmission brake a little bit

Re: MCV trouble? June 26, 2016 12:41PM
AAR
Try loosening the adjustment on the dump valve and the transmission brake a little bit

Will do....thank you for your help!
I'll probably be needing a TA sooner than later the way it sounds though lol.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,579, Posts: 229,610, Members: 3,320.
This forum: Topics: 37,058, Posts: 225,859.

Our newest member Fechtner Racing