Hot pro stocks July 23, 2016 03:55PM
Is it just me or are there a couple ohio pro stocks that should be checked out ? Between the strange amount of white smoke during spool up , the poping and cracking before the clutch is released and the dominating performances , I'd say something is up....

Re: Hot pro stocks July 23, 2016 06:14PM
What group are they running with?
Does that group have a protest procedure?
If so, pony up the money and protest them. (Assuming you are a competitor, since the protester must be a competitor in the same class as the vehicle being protested.)

Re: Hot pro stocks July 24, 2016 01:52AM
a lot of tractors do that.... not sure why they pop and fart so much, but the ones that act this way usally run strong

Re: Hot pro stocks July 24, 2016 01:58AM
I was told cyclone machine did work on them. sounds ligit to me since two other tractors in ohio proudly have cyclone machine decals on the side of there tractors and they sound the same way. if all this is true then protest them, have them tore down, lose your money and realize there is a engine builder that knows what he (is obviously) doing besides the same old REI power plants. which we all n
know rei builds some mean motors

Re: Hot pro stocks July 24, 2016 02:51AM
I'm pretty sure the 2 in question are now being done by Shipley's Top Notch Machine/Performance. They used to be Cyclone motors. It also helps that Tim himself drives one of them. I highly doubt you would find anything illegal with the tractors...they are just getting them dialed in. I believe that CP Dream is now running a Shipley setup. Those boys are making some tractors run real good...I heard they did some work on Donny Pontones's mechanical magnum and he has a NTPA light prostock win this year and multiple wins with a different setup on the FFP/USA-East series in their SF/Lim Pro class.

Re: Hot pro stocks July 24, 2016 08:10AM
Macdaddy team is running stout , but if they break one out of the two @most 2 day events,,,then the engine builder shouldn't be given as much credit. Whip all their ass-es and drive -em in the trailer then you did something. A high dollar owner is always a plus thoughEye Rolling

Re: Hot pro stocks July 24, 2016 09:11AM
I believe that snapping and cracking has a lot to do with the camshaft 1st along with flow of head, comp ratio, fuel, and type of exhaust. There is NO doubt there is cheating in tractor pulling. Some people think if you are not cheating you are not trying in pulling and everything else in life. As far as power sky is the limit if you have an endless supply of money. Dynos have changed everything. You can try all the combos you want and somebody will find the best combo by luck or by brains. On another note maybe fans should be able to protest. They are the ones paying for the show and showing up so there is a show. They are the ones jilted when somebody cheats.

Re: Hot pro stocks July 24, 2016 11:50AM
snap and pop is ex valve opening with the cam profile.my opinion on the shippley performance is I believe he sees the best of all the builders when he freshens up motors,all the builders do something different/better than the others,so when you see such a difference,tho very small,and with the minset of wanting to learn from others,its much easier to get to the top.granted customers with a big budget help,but the thought process of recognizing a good idea,whether its yours or someone elses is invaluable.he seems to be very good at this process,regaurdless of class or brand....give credit when/where its due

Re: Hot pro stocks July 25, 2016 10:46AM
As far as the snapping and popping cams some heavy hitters from 15-20 years ago ran like that. The smoke could be type and amount of fuel along with comp ratio.

Re: Hot pro stocks July 25, 2016 01:30PM
Yep. Doug Roberts old Barnyard Beast did it back in the 90's. Especially when it still had the 4320 sheet metal on it, not that the sheet metal matters, just noting the time frame. I loved watching that thing at the starting line. Seemed like Felton's Palmetto Puller and Brackett's old Half Cocked did it as well.

Re: Hot pro stocks July 25, 2016 01:51PM
I'm betting they are running different injection pump timing then most of the tractors they pull against, less advanced timing would account for increased white smoke and fuel igniting/still burning in the exhaust.

Re: Hot pro stocks July 25, 2016 05:21PM
I have seen this in the hot farm ranks that the air coming though the inner cooler is so cold the engine has a hard time lighting the fuel until it develops enough internal heat.

Re: Hot pro stocks July 26, 2016 02:36PM
its the water coming on that creates the white smoke. once you dump clutch and full fuel comes on the system burns it creating lots of horsepower.

Re: Hot pro stocks July 25, 2016 06:08AM
It seems like the ones that do snap and pop always run strong. Why is that? Are they opening the exhaust valve sooner to spin the charger harder? I'm curious now

Re: Hot pro stocks July 25, 2016 10:28AM
What I find more odd is the large amount of white/grey smoke during spool up, they are the only 2 that do it to that extent..

Re: Hot pro stocks July 25, 2016 01:03PM
There are some bstp tractors that do it.. I can think of a 4.1 that has a tough time gettin it spooled up, but once it does, it's gone. (This tractor also acted this way as a profarm

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,564, Posts: 229,578, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,055, Posts: 225,839.

Our newest member BadHabit2