Farm stock in La Grange, KY? August 13, 2016 01:25PM
I heard there was suppose to be a pull in La Grangge, KY on September 17th and was going to have a class of farm stocks. Does anyone have any details of the classes and rules? KTPA is putting on the pull but they aren't in control of the farm stock class. I'm hoping there is at least an 11, 12, or 13K class. Thanks for any information.

Re: Farm stock in La Grange, KY? August 20, 2016 06:41AM
mgdoug3, go to the battle of the bluegrass website, www.bluegrasspulling.com. They'll be using the farmstock rules from there even though it's not a BOB pull. I know they'll have a 11,000 but not sure about a 13,000.

Re: Farm stock in La Grange, KY? August 20, 2016 09:08AM
Thanks. I'm looking for a place to pull and haven't had much luck.

Re: Farm stock in La Grange, KY? August 21, 2016 02:18PM
Where are ya looking to pull?

Re: Farm stock in La Grange, KY? August 21, 2016 03:57PM
Looking to pull around central Kentucky and southern Indiana depending on how hot the southern Indiana pulls are (uncut tires and turbo limit).

Re: Farm stock in La Grange, KY? August 23, 2016 10:09AM
I gotcha. Them Indiana boys can be tough. I pull up there quite a bit. It's pretty much run what ya brung up there. They got a pull up there this Sat Aug 27 in Paoli & one Sept 3 in North Salem. The breast cancer pull in E-town is Oct. 7 & 8. Stanton, Ky is Sept.16. That's about all I have right now. Keep an eye on here for some of them. I think Temple Hill has one in the fall. Hope this helps ya some.

Re: Farm stock in La Grange, KY? August 23, 2016 01:36PM
Thanks for the heads up. I have a 2.3 turbo now to meet the rules around here. I figured to be competitive up there I would need a bigger turbo.

Re: Farm stock in La Grange, KY? August 24, 2016 08:31AM
Yeah, 2.3 turbo & 2600 rpm limit. I wish they went up to 3000 rpm but from what I hear a couple people tried to talk them into this & they wouldn't go for it. If ya go up in Indiana I'd put a little bit bigger of a turbo on. All they run is 3000 rpm up there. There are some pretty wicked ones up that way. Hope to see you out somewhere.

Re: Farm stock in La Grange, KY? August 24, 2016 11:09AM
Have they ever considered changing either rule or have they always been dead set on the 2.3 turbo and 2600 rpms. Seems like a change in either one could increase the numbers of tractors.

Re: Farm stock in La Grange, KY? August 24, 2016 12:14PM
I would like to see a 2.5 or 2.6 turbo limit. There's enough truck pullers around that you could find plenty of turbos at a good price.

Re: Farm stock in La Grange, KY? August 24, 2016 02:23PM
That's what I was thinking too. 2.5 or 2.6 turbo & 3000 rpm limit but I don't think they'll go for it.

Re: Farm stock in La Grange, KY? August 24, 2016 02:57PM
The reason these guys don't want to change the 2600 rpm rule is they are all built for 2600

Re: Farm stock in La Grange, KY? August 25, 2016 02:40AM
Reason I get your point but would they consider changes or are they pretty happy with what it as of now? Have a good day.

Re: Farm stock in La Grange, KY? August 25, 2016 02:53AM
Who's they that keeps getting referenced?

Re: Farm stock in La Grange, KY? August 25, 2016 04:12AM
Jarrod, my guess would be BOB.

Re: Farm stock in La Grange, KY? August 25, 2016 02:14PM
The "they" they're referring to would probably be the Henry Co. group with a few different others. All of their tractors are set up for 2.3 & 2600 rpm & they're the main ones that pull with BOB.

Re: Farm stock in La Grange, KY? August 25, 2016 04:19AM
Battle of the Bluegrass. They used the rules from the local farm stock classes. They have refined them but really haven't changed them. Most of the pulls around here are based on those rules.

Re: Farm stock in La Grange, KY? August 25, 2016 04:15AM
If you change it to 3000rpm limit then they might as well just be Ky hot farms as there really would be no competitive difference besides turbo and a lack of safety equipment. With the current turbos the limits of the factory drivetrain is already an issue as I know several have broken this year. As the class currently is you already could build a hot farm for the money it takes to have a competitive farm stock and have a more reliable tractor.

Re: Farm stock in La Grange, KY? August 25, 2016 04:27AM
I would like to keep the RPM limit the same. The price for a competitive 2.3" turbo seems insane. For the price (I've heard $2600 for the top one) I'd rather buy a bigger turbo and jump classes or the river.

Re: Farm stock in La Grange, KY? August 25, 2016 02:17PM
Agree 100%

Re: Farm stock in La Grange, KY? August 25, 2016 02:41PM
It has stayed at 2600 rpms because of the John Deere tractor not wanting any body else to pull. But Mr. Nick Wehr proved that he could build a legal red one and mop there ass with it. They don't like it when something besides green wins.

Re: Farm stock in La Grange, KY? August 25, 2016 02:59PM
My tractor has been sitting in the shed for the past year. I have it ready now and looking for pulls. I'm not expecting to win. There's several good tractors pulling in the class. I have heard the red one has been putting it on everyone so far this year, 20 feet or better. Different color is good for the sport. I'm just hoping to go down the track and have the tractor load itself back on the trailer.

Re: Farm stock in La Grange, KY? August 25, 2016 03:24PM
I'm one of the deeres that Nick has been beating. The rules have not been set to keep any one out. If someone want to pull and builds to the current rules they are welcome as you are aware Nick knows how to make the IH run. I hear there is an Orange one being built to run farm stock as well. This class has the potential to be a very good class with a lot of color and power.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,563, Posts: 229,576, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,055, Posts: 225,838.

Our newest member BadHabit2