Rule infractions and tech August 24, 2016 05:19AM
Reading the posts below about the teching issues, I had a few thoughts.

No matter the organization you go to, not all techs have time to go through each tractor with a fine tooth comb. There is some trust that has to be and is formed between pullers and tech that you have read the rules and are doing all you can to comply, especially with safety.

Take the IA ST fair. We were allowed late at 10 am, and the techs had to tech 200 plus entries by 230 showtime. (kudos at that thankless job)

All vehicle owners are responsible for knowing their rules for their class they choose to enter. If not, ask before entering.

Once a problem is noticed, it shouldn't matter when it's noticed. Just because you got away with 70 in a 55 yesterday doesn't mean it will fly today. (regarding the start of season to end of season with same owner)

Unless a puller specifically asks the class for a variation from the rules, then the rules are the way they are no matter how under powered your set up may be. If we strictly used hp to determine a winner, then we would go to a dyno not to the track.

I have met many tech people from a lot of different organizations, and they all have tried to do the best job they could. None of us do this as a profession. And as much as every puller tries to know, the techs are in the same boat. It's a fluid deal and something new pops up every pull.

In no way am I saying any party is in the wrong from the other threads, I don't know half the story on what took place with either event.

If you haven't signed in at an event and went through tech, use some caution when blaming, a puller, tech, or an organization. There is always more to the stories for all involved.

As of writing this I bet some of the issues being discussed have already been resolved or will be because all of the information is now available to make a sound decision.

Here's to a good finish to the year for all involved.

COO for OTTPA

www.outlawpulling.com

www.truck-specialties.com

Schaeffer Oil Representative

[www.schaefferoil.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2016 05:33AM by AV.

Re: Rule infractions and tech August 24, 2016 11:32AM
By far the fairest and most objective post on this subject to date. Well said!

Re: Rule infractions and tech August 24, 2016 02:01PM
Very well put Adam!
Also, some associations have held their tech people to just checking for safety items only.
Not sure if this is the case, but may have something to do with it.
As you said, tech. People can't know everything. I know truck stuff, cuz I am a "truck guy", but when working with "tractor guys" I learn new things every time.
Hope the rest of the season is safe and drama free!
In ALL associations/clubs.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,615, Posts: 229,671, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,064, Posts: 225,890.

Our newest member JD_8520