NFMS 2017 Information -changes- September 19, 2016 07:54AM
I recently spoke with a source close to the National Farm Machinery Show Pull and was asked to share the following information for 2017:

1. Applications go out next week, online applications will be available on NFMS website in next few days, I will share that link when it is available.

2. Wednesday changes: pull will start at 7pm instead of 7:30. DSS moves to Friday. Modified 4x4 trucks return to Wednesday. Super Farm moves from Friday to Wednesday.

3. Thursday changes: 7pm start time. Limited 4.1 Pro Stocks added.

Mod 4x4 and Limited 4.1 Pro pullers will need to go to website and download application. Again I will share that new link when it goes live. This is all the info available at the moment, I'll share more as it is made available to me.

Now for my .02...We asked for change, we got it. Thanks to those who made it happen.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2016 08:35AM by Bryan Lively.

Re: NFMS 2017 Information -changes- September 19, 2016 10:42AM
Kudos to the pull committee and all that make the NFMS pull happen for listening!!!...I filled out the survey they posted a couple years ago, posted ideas on here before on this topic that Miles posted this year, and have talked to pullers about changes...I know that many others have done the same. I think that they made great decisions to freshen up the show. I usually only go Friday and both Saturday sessions but it is more enticing to go Thursday now to get to see the full class of open supers and the added 4.1 lim pros plus have extra time to walk around the show on Friday morning. Love to see that the DSS was moved to Friday too! Thanks for informing us on this Bryan!

Re: NFMS 2017 Information -changes- September 20, 2016 04:01AM
About time they moved the DSS to Friday night, great decision. Now put LSS in the Finals!

Re: NFMS 2017 Information -changes- September 21, 2016 10:34AM
it makes sense that any event during weekdays are cheaper on account its usually harder to get attendance, this goes for anything anywhere. however i still think prices are a little steep but hey im not gonna complain im still going. very happy they are making changes in the right direction!

Re: NFMS 2017 Information -changes- September 20, 2016 09:17AM
I'm guessing no finals for the 4.1's?

Application link September 20, 2016 01:20PM
2017 NFMS Application link

FYI, the listing for Wednesday Mod 4x4 should read 6350#, not 7500#.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2016 04:00AM by Bryan Lively.

New board members September 20, 2016 02:34PM
Heard the board has new members. Who left and who stayed??

Re: New board members September 20, 2016 03:22PM
Link to fair board changes:

Courier-Journal article on fair board

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube

Re: New board members September 21, 2016 09:32AM
Guys come on! They making changes for the better! They can't do it all at once! We as fans and pullers asked for a change and we got it! I honestly believe this years pull will be worth the money! Two new extra classes brings about 30 more vehicles there friends family and crew! Plus the fans that enjoy these new classes! I understand that some were upset there was no light pro or a light super final but look at it this way at least there are several on the board and on the tractor pull committee that are open to change and this leads to more change in the future! I hope this leads to better atmosphere in the stands, I don't know what happened to the excitement the last 10 years but it disappeared! Whether it was the board limiting announcers or what I don't know! So hopefully that will help as well! One step at a time!! #makenfmsgreatagain

Re: New board members September 21, 2016 09:55AM
I don't why my comment went here, was supposed to go at the bottom!!

Re: Application link September 21, 2016 01:42AM
does the application link not work?

Re: Application link September 21, 2016 03:34AM
I just tried it, works fine.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube

Re: Application link September 21, 2016 03:44AM
So on the nights the tickets cost $40 per seat you get to see four classes and on Friday night tickets are $45 for three classes that doesn't make much sense.

Re: Application link September 21, 2016 02:52PM
So
So on the nights the tickets cost $40 per seat you get to see four classes and on Friday night tickets are $45 for three classes that doesn't make much sense.

The $40 nights tended to be less well attended than the other nights. I could be wrong, but I would also not be surprised if the sessions with 4 classes have 10-12 vehicles per class instead of the customary 15. We'll see.

Re: NFMS 2017 Information -changes- September 22, 2016 12:31PM
So you pay 40 to 45 dollars to watch 45 tractors when you can pay 20 and watch 120 or 30 at Gordyville granted not as nice of venue .I went to NFMS for 30 years but they finaly priced me out

Re: NFMS 2017 Information -changes- September 25, 2016 06:18AM
Good to see the Mod 4x4s back.shouldnt have took them off to begin with just my .02 cents

Re: NFMS 2017 Information -changes- September 26, 2016 03:18AM
Good to see the 4.1 Limited Pros got in... wish the Light Pros would have too.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,571, Posts: 229,597, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,057, Posts: 225,853.

Our newest member BadHabit2