Hager's sled September 24, 2016 11:31AM
3rd time in 2 nights it hasn't worked right...unacceptable. Box didn't go up on one tractor last night and 2nd down the track tonight had the same thing happen. Over an hour of delay and repull time last night and they are working on the sled as I'm posting this. I don't want to want to bad mouth them...hate seeing this as it is a safety concern and it also makes the show way worse being that it makes a late night with a long lull in the pull. I stayed and watched the last of the light pros last night here but they didn't end until 1:15 in the morning and the stands were almost empty by then for a $2000 to win class of 21 top notch light pros.

Re: Hager's sled issues at Dover September 24, 2016 11:41AM
A lot of good iron sitting down here at the OSTPA pull in Dover...16 light/lim pros, a couple of diesel trucks in the SMFWD class...and both Schmucker tractors, both Conny tractors, and Jeremy Smith along with some other good prostocks in the class here. The sled is fixed now and ready to go back pulling.

Re: Hager's sled September 24, 2016 12:31PM
Well sled just broke again 2 times tonight 2 times last night. First 3 times the box never went up. This time the pan malfunctioned.

Re: Hager's sled September 24, 2016 03:01PM
I just watched a video of the hot rods running last night and it looked like something messed up and was triggering the pushdown way before the box got topped out causing tractors to stop at 200 ft. Started a few tractors into the class.

Re: Hager's sled September 25, 2016 06:39AM
Theres no way in he** I'd want to own or run a sled. Pullers complain, fans complain, nobody is happy. Dave does a good job, just like any piece of equipment when you run it all season it's going to wear down.

Re: Hager's sled September 25, 2016 10:57AM
I would be interested in hearing hagars take on the sled malfunctions. I would like to know how accurate the results that are posted are. From my understanding ostpa gave everyone 1st place points but the checks were wrote out as everyone placed.

Re: Hager's sled September 25, 2016 01:30PM
Talked to him he said the same airline broke twice, doesn't know why up until now it's never been an issue.

Re: Hager's sled September 25, 2016 01:43PM
Was there the results are not accurate.the box was traveling at different speeds and and the pan was dropping in different footage. Look at the video that are posted

Re: Hager's sled September 25, 2016 01:56PM
How is that even possible. For box to travel at different speeds the sled operator would have to shift gears. I'm not seeing the difference in the videos.

Re: Hager's sled September 25, 2016 02:17PM
I watched video twice and I can't see anything. Some pullers are just sore losers. Gotta blame it on something if they get beat!

Re: Hager's sled September 26, 2016 06:18AM
NOBODY accused him of trying to do anything! im not sure where some people come up with all the crap they write on here. The whole point of this post is that the sled broke 4 different times on 2 different nights. there were 2 seperate problems that each happened once each night(may have happened more but im talking 4 times that they actually stopped the show to work on the sled). I feel bad for the fans and most especially the tractor pull committee which hired very excellent classes for both nights and hired the best in the business for track maintenance. the show ended at 1:12 on friday and just after 12:00 on Saturday. Its a shame because it could have been an awesome two day pull that turned into two very frustrating nights that just were not enjoyable. Hopefully things go smoother next year when they hire the best in the business Crouse Sleds.

Re: Hager's sled September 25, 2016 02:17PM
I just watched the whole light/Lim pro video and found a point of reference to watch and the box topped out in the same spot every time. Hagers stuff is a lot different from everybody else's in how it works and I really don't understand what was going on with the problems he had. Definitely strange. .

Re: Hager's sled September 25, 2016 02:34PM
Where did you find an video of the class

Re: Hager's sled September 25, 2016 03:11PM
Dover, OH Light-Limited Pro Stocks

The videos for the other classes are on my channel as well.

Re: Hager's sled September 26, 2016 05:30AM
What you talking about no one is calling him an cheater his sled broke and it was broke the whole pull it was tripping the pan in different times . By no means is anybody calling him Hillary Clinton he just needs to get his sled fixed

Re: Hager's sled September 25, 2016 04:08PM
Some issues at Bethany Mo also

Re: Hager's sled September 26, 2016 02:22AM
These accusations can ruin a great sport. We as pullers MUST be able to trust the sled, or what we all work so hard for is for nothing. I too would like to here the sled operator's take on things that happened. Not to point fingers but to give reassurance that the game we all play is fair.

Re: Hager's sled September 26, 2016 03:54AM
It has been my experience that a sled operator is going to make it as fair as possible. They don't really care who wins. Why would they jeopardize their income and reputation for someone to try and win. Even if they do offer the operator a little bit of money it's not going to cover lost business if it gets around that they are rigging the game. Mechanical breakage will happen and that would be the only way it wouldn't be a level playing field. Most of the time mechanical breakage can be prevented but sometimes it's inevitable. There is an awful lot of maintenance on a sled that a lot of people don't realize.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,571, Posts: 229,597, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,057, Posts: 225,853.

Our newest member BadHabit2