Ice water Intercooler vs water Inj only September 25, 2016 04:14AM
What's folks opinion of ice Intercooler vs water Inj only, ran my first year with the cooler but the ice part is a real pain, thanks in advance

Re: Ice water Intercooler vs water Inj only September 25, 2016 02:17PM
Hearsay only, you will lose hp by going back to water only. 1-200 hp from my understanding.

Re: Ice water Intercooler vs water Inj only September 25, 2016 03:21PM
The ice is a pain? That's the reason you want to get rid of it? It's a pain having to adjust tire pressures, hitch height and weight for the track conditions too, might as well leave it the same all year.

Re: Ice water Intercooler vs water Inj only September 25, 2016 09:24PM
It sure is a pain
A lot more then the other stuff listed

Re: Ice water Intercooler vs water Inj only September 25, 2016 11:39PM
Why is it a pain ? Takes 5 min. to load the tank. No one said you have to run it did they ? I don't get your issue.

Re: Ice water Intercooler vs water Inj only September 26, 2016 03:09AM
Its not a pain once at a pull, it's sometimes difficult to find enough ice at times and in smaller centres. Was just curious as to folks thoughts on power loss without the cooler. Thanks again

Re: Ice water Intercooler vs water Inj only September 26, 2016 03:17AM
I freeze my own in 5 gallon buckets, then use as I need to. Take enough for two hooks witch is about 40# each. Yes it's a little work ,but it beats looking for ice in stores

Re: Ice water Intercooler vs water Inj only September 26, 2016 03:20AM
We bought an ice machine and a big cooler. Make your own never have to rely on anyone. Can get them reasonable enough its worth the investment.

Re: Ice water Intercooler vs water Inj only September 26, 2016 04:35AM
On a Llss setup I don't think you would hurt yourself to bad cuz a cooler has its biggest advantages over water injection on torque not horsepower and being that light torque isn't as much a factor as it would be at say 9500 pounds

Re: Ice water Intercooler vs water Inj only September 26, 2016 05:39AM
Sorry need to update my name, it's on a 9500 lb case pro/super farm

Re: Ice water Intercooler vs water Inj only September 26, 2016 01:30PM
Then it's gunna hurt...

Re: Ice water Intercooler vs water Inj only September 26, 2016 04:01PM
What kind of EGT,s were you getting with your intercooler Tyler? Both water injection and inter cooling would be the best.

Re: Ice water Intercooler vs water Inj only September 27, 2016 02:07AM
Melting 60 or so lbs of ice depending on the day and I would use about 1 1/2 quarts of water the egts were a pretty consistent 1400-1500 degrees at pre turbo

Re: Ice water Intercooler vs water Inj only September 27, 2016 01:45AM
This is an interesting topic.
In SuperFarm the non-cooler tractors are not behind the cooler tractors anymore. Look at Badger State results. The turbos injection pumps and injectors have come along way that simply clamping on a cooler does not automatically put you ahead of a non-cooled tractor. Mineral point and Monroe were Badger State events won by non-cooled tractors.

Re: Ice water Intercooler vs water Inj only September 28, 2016 02:03AM
What kind of inter coolers are you guys running in a hot/super farm tractor?

Re: Ice water Intercooler vs water Inj only September 28, 2016 03:16AM
I run a type 54 from frozen boost, the biggest one they make and modified with two 1 " inlet and outlets. I can melt 60-70 lbs of ice pretty easily

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,565, Posts: 229,582, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,056, Posts: 225,843.

Our newest member BadHabit2