LLSS Ignition Question September 27, 2016 01:50AM
Curious on the thoughts and opinions, is an electromotive ignition system is legal in the LLSS class? I would think it would be but wanted to verify before purchasing. Also what are other alcohol tractors running for their ignition?

Re: LLSS Ignition Question September 27, 2016 06:04AM
Don't waste your time buy a MSD 8 plus. Other than going with a Mag thats your best option.

Re: LLSS Ignition Question September 27, 2016 07:13AM
And what exactly was the trouble with the Electromotive ignition?

Re: LLSS Ignition Question September 27, 2016 07:30AM
I have yet to find one that has not been taken off. The last one I seen on was on the for sale page a month ago. Jeremy Yantes ran one maybe he could inform us.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2016 07:53AM by Robert Alves.

Re: LLSS Ignition Question September 27, 2016 08:35AM
So you don't really know anything about it at all then.......seems logical to be giving advice on the matter.

If you had ever tried one, you'd know the pro's and con's. The system works just fine when installed properly and tuned properly. I have the XDi system, I have no complaints.

Since I have never ran MSD 8 plus, or a mag, I can't comment on the performance differences. I'm sure both work quite well.

You will be hard pressed to get better customer service than Electromotive since you will be talking with the owner/originator of the product.

Re: LLSS Ignition Question September 27, 2016 08:47AM
Your Right ......I might have misspoken..

Curious on what yours is running on???

I have not ran one but have ran a MSD. I know of alot of vehicles that ran Electromotive that are now running MSD. That would effect my decision alot..

Also curious I am buying 2 MSD- 8 plus right now . Am I missing out on the greatest thing? do tell..Winking

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2016 08:52AM by Robert Alves.

Re: LLSS Ignition Question September 27, 2016 10:16AM
I'm not indicating you are missing the greatest thing ever.......I simply stated that without first hand knowledge, it seems a bit judgemental to steer an individual away from a given product.

That being said, you seem like the sort of individual who can digest technical information. Perhaps you could stroll on over to the Electromotive website and have a look at what there is, and how it all works.

The XDi is a crank fire system, which inherently is a waste spark system, so it fires on the exhaust stroke as well. This is the same technology that the automotive market has been using for about 25 years now......seems good enough for me. It has no moving parts aside from the trigger wheel itself, and suffers from virtually no chance of spark scatter like a distributor is susceptible to. High voltage and longer spark dwell time are benefits of the system. Adjusting the advance is quite simple by using pots, and is set on three different ranges depending on your setup. Also there is a rev limiter on the system and operates with progressive rate limit, which is engaged quite softly.

There are other benefits as well, but I've probably babbled a bit much already.

As I said, I'm sure that the MSD systems are just fine, there are by far more of them out there. I elected to try this system due to its simplicity, and am loving it so far.

Re: LLSS Ignition Question September 27, 2016 08:42AM
I ran one for two years I bought off of Keven Esary that he ran on his 3 turbo ss that was already 5 years old and I sold it with my engine.And I liked it good enough that I bought another one for my new engine over 70 hooks that I put on it and not the first problem.The trick is to have good grounds and the ground on the controller run it to the rear of the tractor msd 8s are good also ive had several

Re: LLSS Ignition Question September 27, 2016 02:38PM
Building_A_LLSS
Curious on the thoughts and opinions, is an electromotive ignition system is legal in the LLSS class? I would think it would be but wanted to verify before purchasing. Also what are other alcohol tractors running for their ignition?

So when will this tractor be out?

Re: LLSS Ignition Question September 28, 2016 12:55AM
Please shoot me an email so I can get you in contact with one of my buddies, they run it on their alcohol tractors and get along very well with it. He has worked directly with the company to make everything work and is also a dealer and could answer any questions you may have.

My email is delhotalfarms@gmail.com

Re: LLSS Ignition Question September 28, 2016 01:58AM
I have run one for 4 years now. No Problems

Re: LLSS Ignition Question September 28, 2016 02:12AM
On a LLSS it will most likely work all right. You go beyond that and it is not worth the time, money nor aggravation of it. A MSD or Mag are far superior. One item of note and depending upon your rules. It could be looked upon as a traction control device in how it can be set-up and used threw the computer set-ups.

Re: LLSS Ignition Question September 28, 2016 06:41AM
If you have the basic XDi system, and not the XDi2, there is no option for traction control that I can see.........it is not a computer controlled sytem, nor can it be programmed to do such things.

With XDi, all you have is a trigger wheel, sensor for trigger wheel, ignition control box, and coil packs.

Re: LLSS Ignition Question September 29, 2016 10:01AM
Supertiquer, I hope next summer but may the following year. Thank you for your concern.

G-Puller and I Like Mine, I have emailed you both and would like to hear from you further.

Thank you to the rest of you. Your input is valued. I have heard of a bunch of people not liking it but nobody says why exactly.

Re: LLSS Ignition Question September 29, 2016 02:50PM
I have ran electromotive xdi and xdi 2 on both of my own llss tractors and installed it on four other customer tractors and if wired properly along with enough voltage will do anything a msd 8 will do. I am taking it off my current tractor and is for sale if interested. And I am not removing it to install a distributor and msd but something totally different once again with individual coil packs. Any questions call 716 472 4410

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,580, Posts: 229,613, Members: 3,320.
This forum: Topics: 37,058, Posts: 225,861.

Our newest member Fechtner Racing