U.S.A. East rule meeting ? Rick October 03, 2016 11:15AM
will U.S.A. East / full pull be having a rule meeting for any changes for 2017 season for the lim.pro / super farm tractor class ?? are lim pro rules the same ?? are super farms having any changes ???

Re: U.S.A. East rule meeting ? Rick October 03, 2016 11:56AM
Rumor has it they were going to give the super farms a 4.9 slick face turbo to try and keep up with the lim pro tractors.......if thats enough

Re: U.S.A. East rule meeting ? Rick October 03, 2016 12:21PM
Let's changes some more rules. Lmao If one of ricks boys want that he will have it done.
Never a level playing field in all his class...

Re: U.S.A. East rule meeting ? Rick October 03, 2016 12:37PM
Can't understand why they allow 600ci in hot farm class,that is really super farm cubes.Should be 540ci max,3x3 charger.Maybe intercooler and p pump on 540 and less cubes would level the playing field!

Re: U.S.A. East rule meeting ? Rick October 03, 2016 12:46PM
ne ohlo pro farm same bullshit should be 466

Re: U.S.A. East rule meeting ? Rick October 03, 2016 12:54PM
No, it's not a 3x3 charger.

Re: U.S.A. East rule meeting ? Rick October 03, 2016 01:00PM
Ok we all got our opinions but let's go back to the first question

Re: U.S.A. East rule meeting ? Rick October 03, 2016 01:11PM
Good point.

Re: U.S.A. East rule meeting ? Rick October 03, 2016 01:41PM
You clearly don't understand sarcasm!!!!! "Great!"....changes are imminent

Re: U.S.A. East rule meeting ? Rick October 03, 2016 02:24PM
The lim. Pro / s.f. class with full pull is already gone to @#$%&. Ricky let it get that way when he left the recast head and recast block rule come into play. That is just my opinion but if that doesn't have SOME to do with the falling class numbers then what is it ? A once 18 to 20 class now 5 or 6 or 7 on many many nights. Any chages this coming season ?...?

Re: U.S.A. East rule meeting ? Rick October 03, 2016 03:12PM
You can't run the SF with the limited pros they are two totally differnt tractors. It either needs to be SF or limited pros. Get rid of the recast and solid recast heads on SF and limited pros both but that would make A couple limited pros cry that can only run with him because they are not legal in other clubs and check cubic inch on the limited pros too. Drop the limited pros and gain tractors back.

Re: U.S.A. East rule meeting ? Rick October 03, 2016 05:18PM
Funny how last year the ones who showed up to the rules meeting and wanted all the changes never showed up after Orville. But agree that there needs to be some changes. Cube checks need to be done in the hot farm lim pro and super farm. Think splitting the class lim pro and super farm would be decent amount in each class. There's enough super farms between pa and Ohio to make a good class and allow the hot farms to jump up with them if they wanted to. Hopefully there's a meeting this fall and things can be discussed and reasonable discussing can be had.

Re: U.S.A. East rule meeting ? Rick October 03, 2016 11:43PM
No disrespect to any of the pullers that pull with that club I know a lot of them guys and they r great guys, but if you don't pull with him all the time
You might as well stay home the club always favors its own certain people and yes that hot farm class is a joke (super farm on 20.8s) wow
Then if you pull with the super farms more often you can't pull hot farm any more.

Re: U.S.A. East rule meeting ? Rick October 04, 2016 02:09PM
The hot farm class might as well be named super farm. 600 cubic in in a starter class is as good as a death sentence. It keeps farm stock puller from reasonably building up to hot farm unless they have some deep pockets. Some class's just never want to grow and add consistent growth.

Re: U.S.A. East rule meeting ? Rick October 04, 2016 02:50PM
The hot farm class is growing and is doing quite well. The class has great numbers. So not sure what your getting at. Pulling takes money no matter what class. There's guys in farm stock that have just as much a decent hot farm. But hot farm claaa as a whole is doing well great numbers all year and great competition all year.

Re: U.S.A. East rule meeting ? Rick October 04, 2016 04:03PM
Three hot tractors are not what I would call growing. When you count up the money the hot farms are spending it would be cheaper just to build a limited pro and have a tractor that would be able to hook anywhere in the area. Same basic parts from classic super stock to diesel super, all around 540 cubic in. The hot farm rules are for down graded super farms a class that never made any sense from its beginning. One good thing I can say for limited pro is at least it has true limits. Recast parts are in the mix but at least they have some dimensional stopping points. Heck a real class of hot farms are pulled under ppl rules in Indiana 510 cubes, p-pump, and 3x3.5 turbos. A lot more respectable rules that look to keep the pullers more even and not chasing there tails if they want to change.

Re: U.S.A. East rule meeting ? Rick October 04, 2016 07:12PM
Three hot farms??? You must have missed the pulls all year then. Pretty certain there was 12 on a regular basis and at Crawford county fair there was 17. The class has restrictions just as the other classes you speak of. Pretty certain all parts must be stock in the hot farm class heads and blocks and no billet pumps. Unless I'm missing something somewhere. And price wise we have two pretty good running tractors I think and don't have nearly the price of a super farm or limited pros. Don't have to spend big money mr Kline to play just have to spend it on the right parts and hope they work. Saw 466s with a pumps and 3lms are playing right up with the 600 cube guys with 3x3s heck the ford is only 540 a pump cooler and he was second in the points so again ya don't need to spend the big money on a 600 cube motor to come out and play. Pretty certain there was 5 hot farms very close all year the the remaining ones all were right there together and all run very well. So Mr Ben Kline do you even pull in the class or just the keyboard puller? Heck if ya like the ppl rules so much go run with them no one said you had to come run with USA EAST hot farms but heck throw on a 3x3 and come play.

Re: U.S.A. East rule meeting ? Rick October 05, 2016 12:05AM
I agree with whatcha lookin at, I think it's a great class, yes it is basically super farms on 20.8s but we don't have to spend the big money to run superfarm, our tires are less than half the cost we don't need big 16mm pumps, it's a great class that's why there are such big numbers, it's a growing class, myself and my brother was unable to run this season so that's 2 tractors that would have been added to the class

Re: U.S.A. East rule meeting ? Rick October 05, 2016 12:07AM
And the biggest thing I like about the class that I'm sure most guys will agree the superfarm class has way to many hooks some of us just can't make it to that many to where the hot farm class has a good 12-15 hooks that's plenty enough, there are many reasons why it's a better choice for a lot of pullers

Re: U.S.A. East rule meeting ? Rick October 05, 2016 01:00AM
Word is at the banquet a new class of tractors will be unveiled called the classic super unlimited pro hot farm. It will be a twin charger 2.75 with a 4.1 bottom. Gas tractors will weigh 13,500 with 30.5s. Diesel tractors are limited to 750 cubic inch and run a rotary pump with 18.4-42s. Alcohol driven tractors must pass a breathalyzer prior to hooking to the sled and be 1.25 or less. A protest of $500,000 must be made 4 minutes prior to the start of the class - currency from Zimbabwe not accepted & rule re-evaluated after Presidential Election. Visual inspection only. All safety rules apply. 6 1/2 tractors will be accepted to Canfield unless you call the fair board ahead of time. Points will be awarded golf style - 1st 1 point, 2nd 2 points, etc. Rainout points will be zero with no refund. Entry fee is $50 for participants 50 years or younger, $25 for 51 to 65, senior citizens free. Gate admission is free unless at a speedway which will be $75 for all persons 1 day old or older. Legend tractors are welcomed to attend.

Re: U.S.A. East rule meeting ? Rick October 05, 2016 04:12PM
I have a question for you since all I am considered is a keyboard puller. What were the original Injection pump rules for your class? If you know that, then when did they change, why, and who suggested it?

Re: U.S.A. East rule meeting ? Rick October 06, 2016 02:08AM
Oh Ben.....you must be one of those A-pump supporters.

A good 14mm A pump = 6500+

A good 14mm p-pump = 5000 (less for 13mm)

You contradict yourself many times in your posts

That 510 ppl hot farm class is making very nice horsepower and they are spending a lot more money than you think......just not spending on cubic inches which seems to be another of your sticking points

Do yourself a favor a put in type what you think the rules should be rather than just critisize!!!!!

Re: U.S.A. East rule meeting ? Rick October 06, 2016 03:11AM
Me Kline still can't post if he even pulls in the class seems as if he can't answer the question that was asked. Sounds like ya better stay with ppl or out east where the rules are better for you and you won't have to "spend" big dollars to play on your keyboard since you can't post if you even pull in the class with us at USA EAST. I've posted who I'm let's see if you can big guy Beer

Re: U.S.A. East rule meeting ? Rick October 06, 2016 09:11AM
This is what i call mutual respect, not really. I have stated my name clearly from the beginning. I was hoping this local class would get a stable mind about itself so I could get back into pulling in a reasonable amount of hooks a year and also be able to build up to the bigger class. But I see that a stability will not happen. The set number of hooks is the only long term benefit in the rules that you are using. I live in Waynesburg, Ohio and was talking to another Waynesburg area resident about which way to reassemble my hot farm to the most cost effective long term configuration and going in the direction of the hot farm class is not even close. i am not trying to criticize but I have been around a mountain of money spent on this sport over the years. In my observation in a starter class the money and long term benefit to every one willing to participate needs to come first not the first ones to exploit the large holes in the rules. I look forward to your respectful response.

Re: U.S.A. East rule meeting ? Rick October 06, 2016 11:05AM
You come on here and start by criticizing a class and its members for their rules and you want mutual respect?? The class has done well despite your thoughts and has 3 colors that can win at anytime.

I say build your limited pro (far cheaper as you said....???) and start pulling boss. Make sure you introduce yourself to everyone in the class and then proceed to tell everyone what is wrong with that class as well......

Re: U.S.A. East rule meeting ? Rick October 06, 2016 01:05PM
There is nothing wrong with limited pro it is a accually one of the best set of rules in the county. With a proper build, maintenance, and sound driving there will be almost no breakage just for the fact that all the research has been done to be able to scream and not read the tires size all the way up the track. Also there is a plunger barrel limit by using the A pump housing and there recast parts already have a limit and are built out of more durable and repairable material. These rule make limited pro a drivers class. I know your defending the money and dyno time you already paid for to straighten out your setup of your bigger than it needs to be engine, but that is always the normal reaction. Same reaction that super farm owners had when I hear old super stock owners try to nicely inform the super farms were wasting there time spending so much money to go so slow. I know I just criticize not hoping to save the large amount of money. I personally introduced the A-pump limit after beating the class up the whole year with my little 466 after J.J. Brown jumped up a class. We did this to give the class even footing the problem was no one would be honest about there engine size.

Re: U.S.A. East rule meeting ? Rick October 06, 2016 11:46PM
It seems to be hard to keep competitors happy when you put 2 different groups in the same class, Most of the time someone thinks they are getting the raw end of the deal. The FPP crew has been in the pulling promoting gig for a long time. An observation from the outside looking in might be to bring the limited pro back to 8500 instead of 8700 (sorry limited pros ) In nytpa over the 2016 pulling season 4 different super farms were able to consistently beat some very hard running a pump limited pro/mod turbos from several different builders. The limited pro tractors still have substantial power gains to be made and the weight seemed to even the field a bit. Giving a super farm more weight ties down a tractor that already struggles to keep big mid track speed for sleds set with pull distances in the 320 and 330's. Super farm technology has not reached the end of the road yet but is quickly approaching it. if a puller builds a 30,000 dollar super farm engine he or she can not expect it to compete with a engine in a limited pro that cost 50,000 to build. The same would apply the opposite way around. I do not agree with larger chargers for the super farm tractors. In an ag economy on the down turn why do you want to force the competitor to spend more money. Weight is a cheap trial alternative to take some big horsepower limited pro tractors and put the skill in the driver/setup guys hand to see if this closes the gap on the superfarm limited pro class. Now... if all that everyone wants to do is go faster then lets get it over with. Follow the ostpa rules EVERYONE spend money (that everyone seems to say is in short supply...) and at the end of the day you run the risk of the 9000 lbs lite pro stock thinking the 640 4.1 guy is getting a better deal and the 640 4.1 guy wondering if the 540 any turbo guy is really 540, but hey you all spent money you all got more power you all go faster. Whats your prerogative??

Re: U.S.A. East rule meeting ? Rick October 08, 2016 10:07AM
I usually don t agree with to much of anything that anyone puts one here but, well said -----well said ross !!

Re: U.S.A. East rule meeting ? Rick October 11, 2016 11:55AM
I agree with ross and curt heads gave too much of advantage even gary rice said so in saying how he dominated the 8 hooks he pulled at need to take weight away from recast head tractors

Re: U.S.A. East rule meeting ? Rick October 11, 2016 02:00PM
Last time I checked. You won a few. Graham,Andreas, Pontones, Rice, Ferringer, Burns, Harr and maybe more have had wins in both sanctions. Sorry if I missed any. Plus countless other that had top 5. So I'm not sure anybody is dominating. That's probably more different winners than interstate or for that matter Grand National classes had. If you do the math. SF tractors wins vs how many there are, ratio not bad. Not saying for or against any of the old rules. But are the rules going to change every year? At least some clubs have a 3 or 5 year rule meeting. No matter what. The top is going to be the top. New rules are not going to take a mid packer to the front. Not trying to offend. It's just the truth

Re: U.S.A. East rule meeting ? Rick October 12, 2016 06:17AM
Dan, I Never said " I dominated the 8 hooks that I pulled" like you claimed I did. Or would ever think that I did. Those who know me know I'm not like that. I think you won more than me and Randy won 3 or 4 and you both sf, and Kolt won 5 or 6 I think, and Donnie won 2 or 3 Along with others who won.
I did have a good year won 4 hooks got beat the rest of them, but I was selective on the tracks I went to, and it could be some other combination of the numerous parts on a tractor, don't think you can assume the cyl head is the reason, their is a lot more to tractor pulling than a cyld head. Esp since no one besides Ross and I know exactally what I have on. doing away with recasts is going to loose even more tractors atleast 5 or 6 that pulled this year that had one on. Can't keep changing rules , I know two tractors that were not out this year will be out next and with recasts on, and they are going to be real tough tractors. I do agree sf are having a hard time being competitive on the average to good power tracks, especially with all the latest gains in technology in lim pro, but it's not just the recast heads fault. A stock head done right can perform as well as a recast it just isn't going to have the life, and would be hard to police, which is why Rick allowed them. I would go for running us at 8500, see how it goes. Think their is also some things that sf's could do also to close the gap, Lim pro won't have any chance at all on the bad tracks at 8500 which is fine that can be sf's day, because on the good power tracks now the sf don't have much of a chance I know that. I know one thing we all need to get along and help the class and not throw little fits and not pull because Rick or someone don't do something you think he should, all your hurting is yourself and not having a place to pull, Fpp puts on a great show and has us at some real nice places to pull, and he does a great job of advertising and promoting our class. Rick don't care he will replace us with hot farm or div 5 if we keep up the games.

Re: U.S.A. East rule meeting ? Rick October 12, 2016 10:40AM
It's not a secret there, Solid recast, big body billet jd style injectors, Wimers 14mm pump, aftermarket intake and exhaust, 540ci

Re: U.S.A. East rule meeting ? Rick October 12, 2016 12:29PM
Are you sure about all of that there??? Yep there is no secret I agree, that's why I am not secretive about keeping hood shut, look all you want, nothing to hide. Sounds like you think you know what it takes to build one.

Re: U.S.A. East rule meeting ? Rick October 12, 2016 12:41PM
First off, I want to congratulate those who have a big enough pair to post their real name! Second, it's a little hard to respect anyone who bashes a man on the internet instead of confronting him yourself. I have on a couple occasions, questioned Rick or Rj's decisions myself, but confronted them face to face, not kicked them in the nuts on the internet for the whole world to see.

NEXT, in 2014 I competed with my Warhorse 570 CI SF that had what I called the Heinz 57 power plant. Non deck plate, hardened oem rods, and almost everything else that everyone quit running years ago.
1 A Bob Himes prepped factory IH + head,not recast
2 Wipe out pistons,4.750 bore for 3 years
3 Castner liners
4 P3000 13 mill Schied pump,not a 7100 14mm nor an 8600 16mm
5 Stock bodied dual feed injectors
6 Stock manifolds
7 A cheap frozen boost intercooler
8 A new Columbus HX 60 3x3 Map ring charger,Not a Harts
9 Stock IH gear rotor oil pump,not the fancy multiple pump stack everyone else is using
10 Stock stroke 466 crank shaft,Not even counter weighted/balanced
11 Used old style pullers with some cords showing,that I still have on the new Mechanically Inclined tractor
12 Dan Parks old steel wheels off of his Haybines Nightmare,with a little wobble and almost to wide to haul without a permitted load permit
13 A little Scotch/Irish/German enginuity
Can not even tell anyone what the HP or torque was because it never seen a dyno.

Yet some how this P.O.S. finished 5th place in points at the end of the season and had many top 3-4 finishes and usually averaged 8th out of 16-20+ against tractors with recast heads,billet rods,billet cranks,billet inj,Precision coolers,Harts chargers,14-16 mm pumps,nice new puller 2000s on nice shinny new wheels and some damn good running Limited Pros. I can still remember telling my dad HOLY S##T I just beat Milk Money and Blue Reaper NO PUN intended Gary or Nathan.
I, for one spoke up and supported the recast heads in front of everyone at the USA EAST rules meeting,even though I was not using one.As well as voting against outlawing a tractor to dual feed a stock dozer manifold making the statement"You can run an aftermarket aluminum intake the size of a 55 gal drum but don't dare dual feed a stock cast iron heat sink!" So you can all start by blaming me.

Even with my fancy oem head(not even close to being ported to the max),under cubed,Heinz 57 we still had to handicap the camshaft because it flowed to much!How is it nobody ever complained about hyper heads that have been used for years in these divisions,cant they too be classified as a "recast", now every color has that option if they wish. The biggest advantage with a recast head is life more than performance.If a puller has the means to run a recast,so what!Does this mean I should have whined about everyone elses high dollar engines that I could not afford.Hell NO!.I'M proud as hell of what I did with what I had.What most of us don't realize is how many people in those stands wish they could be one of us and take that ride just one time,even if they were last place!

I'm thankful that I can get up every morning go to work any where from 9 till who knows how many hours,punch a time clock, come home and work till 10-12 every night 6 days a week and usually Sunday in my own shop so I can afford to have fun a few times a year.Most of all spending time with my 2 sons and father and on occasion my wife(usually against her will,when needed! LOL) teaching them how to weld/fab and work on a piece of equipment.

As for the hot farm rules,the pullers themselves pretty much agreed on their rules as some of them were already at those limits with another local organization, I too was building a second tractor for my boys to pull but after much thought and talking with them decided not to as the cost and maintenance of one is enough.

Maybe we should thank guys like Rick and RJ and the entire USA EAST crew as well as Bob Blank and the entire Power Pulling Productions crew for their role in the sport! Without them we would all be the" not so proud" owners of some really expensive lawn ornaments.

FIRE AWAY Gentlman

Re: U.S.A. East rule meeting ? Rick October 15, 2016 12:35PM
that fired them up

Re: U.S.A. East rule meeting ? Rick October 16, 2016 02:15AM
Not trying to fire anyone up,just saying that I supported the recast heads at the meeting.Don't remember anyone speaking up to appose them.Gary was the first person to bring up what actually levels the class out,TRACKS!.Only a few tractors run every scheduled pull,for many various reasons.When I ran the Warhorse tractor most of the time it finished between the Lim Pros and the SF,sometimes not.That season we (class) did not really have a one of the top built SF run every hook,Dan and I did but were both under cubed.I believe to really know how the class levels out almost every tractor would have to run at every hook,Not everyone is in the situation to do that.
Back to the heads,just as others stated,the same can be achieved with an oem well ported head.If the head alone puts a tractor on top then a puller could almost afford to have another oem head ready for the next season with all those $900 checks he's been bank rolling.

Re: U.S.A. East rule meeting ? Rick October 16, 2016 07:47AM
well I do and did oppose the recast head then and now. just for the simple fact that yes you get just as much power from a oem or in some cases more . but ... when you change the dimesions to allow the recast to be larger than oem. that is a different deal . and that is what the rules read .. some one stated on hear previously that if you have a bigger recast then maybe the weight should be altered . now we are back to rely on somebody to enforce the weight difference. that did not work a few years back when if you ran a after market intake you weighed one thing and if it was oem it was another. I don't know the answer but as I said at the meeting a few years back if you give a super farm a recast it will help a little but you still got a 3 x 3 turbo to limit it then you give a lim. pro one and instead of putting 15 feet on it will be more like 30 feet. that is not good for the combo class. but we got it now as the rule says so crank it up I guess . that is just my two cents on it anyway.

Re: U.S.A. East rule meeting ? Rick October 16, 2016 11:27AM
Ross Castner correctly stated a few points:

1) "In any form of competition the main objective is to out do the rest of the opponents. It is the ego of the puller that pushes manufactures to continue to raise the bar for power and durability. If a competitor has the means to monetarily afford to run within the specified rules and can replace parts with short service life spans, then does that truly limit the class or does it widen the gap? I agree limitations need to be implemented to keep the sport growing in dynamically changing environments. Decisions (rules) need to be looked at from all angles and understood before set in place. I know I sound like a broken record and fully expect substantial flack on this but I keep coming back to weight, weight, weight. You cannot hook power without traction. It is the cheap option and easily enforced."

Donnie Hebenthal stated correctly:
2) ."What most of us don't realize is how many people in those stands wish they could be one of us and take that ride just one time,even if they were last place!"

3) "Gary (Rice) was the first person to bring up what actually levels the class out,TRACKS!."

4) "Maybe we should thank guys like Rick and RJ and the entire USA EAST crew as well as Bob Blank and the entire Power Pulling Productions crew for their role in the sport! Without them we would all be the" not so proud" owners of some really expensive lawn ornaments."

Re: U.S.A. East rule meeting ? Rick October 06, 2016 03:18AM
Whatcha Smellin
Word is at the banquet a new class of tractors will be unveiled called the classic super unlimited pro hot farm. It will be a twin charger 2.75 with a 4.1 bottom. Gas tractors will weigh 13,500 with 30.5s. Diesel tractors are limited to 750 cubic inch and run a rotary pump with 18.4-42s. Alcohol driven tractors must pass a breathalyzer prior to hooking to the sled and be 1.25 or less. A protest of $500,000 must be made 4 minutes prior to the start of the class - currency from Zimbabwe not accepted & rule re-evaluated after Presidential Election. Visual inspection only. All safety rules apply. 6 1/2 tractors will be accepted to Canfield unless you call the fair board ahead of time. Points will be awarded golf style - 1st 1 point, 2nd 2 points, etc. Rainout points will be zero with no refund. Entry fee is $50 for participants 50 years or younger, $25 for 51 to 65, senior citizens free. Gate admission is free unless at a speedway which will be $75 for all persons 1 day old or older. Legend tractors are welcomed to attend.

This is the funniest thing I have read in forever........HAHAHAHAHA

Re: U.S.A. East rule meeting ? Rick October 06, 2016 10:29PM
Wondering why you think the recast head rule was such a bad idea? Will save pullers lots of money in the long run, instead of building a new stock head every couple years because it's shot.... And who all is running one and would be whining? Recasts are in the mod turbo out east too, it's just a big secret out there.... Someone said drop the lim pro and you would have a big class, pretty sure Lim pro had most of the tractors at pulls this year, only a couple sf at most hooks...it would be nice if the sf could compete, but a lot of them haven't put in the big effort and money to have their tractors on top, I think the best of the best ppl sf's out there would keep
Up a lot better with the lim pro than you think...

Re: U.S.A. East rule meeting ? Rick October 09, 2016 01:06PM
The problem I see with the recast is this, when you give the limited pro a recast its a big advantage for the limited pro tractors which would maybe ok if they weren't already beating the superfarms. The superfarms should have been given the edge not the limited pro's. the cylinderhead limit is a limit just like any other limit if you have to run a stock head you are forced to limit the flow to maximize cylinderhead life, if you choose to hog it out than you will eat cylinderheads.

Re: U.S.A. East rule meeting ? Rick October 11, 2016 06:35AM
Curt hows it a limit when these guys are pouring stock heads back full with a some ezy flow cast type stuff and then hoggin on the ports anyways?

Re: U.S.A. East rule meeting ? Rick October 11, 2016 12:11PM
Must be you own a recast!! No matter what you do to a stock head it is half the cost of a recast ready to run. And please go ahead and see how long it will last pouring it full of easy flowing cast. Curt you are correct in every thing you said.

Re: U.S.A. East rule meeting ? Rick October 11, 2016 01:52PM
Well part of the issue is how the poorly writen rule is . A recast head is allowed as long as it is oem specs. Up to half of a inch taller than oem ! How damn stupid. Oem is oem , not larger. When you are 1/2 larger it is a increase on top of the increase of the recast benifit ! The rule should have never been written in that manner or passed at all for as far as that goes. But it is now , so now more adjustments must be made to a combo class that struggles to try and have a equal field of compitition with the s.f. and lim. Pros. That itself is a challenge.

Re: U.S.A. East rule meeting ? Rick October 12, 2016 12:48AM
I hope this is as well received as the last post but I doubt it. Over the 2016 pulling season we conducted a cost / power / longevity study on cast, vs recast cylinder heads 1 of each on a super farm 1 of each on a lim pro / mod turbo . The p pump limited pro ran a stock head as it was in a much harsher environment. While these heads are still in the process of coming in for winter rebuild and we don't have comparative numbers yet, I can tell you both stock heads went over 25 passes. Before everyone passes judgment here, please thoroughly read and understand the following information.

1. This is a study on cost vs performance/longevity for the PULLER not us the builder.
2. We are trying to find viable options to meet budgetary requirements while having an accurate account of in service life span.
3. Studies take time, it is a multi year task to compile accurate data and service costs.
4. The performance variance. Curt and Nathan have valid points. However, a recast head with the same length, width, and height dimensions offer no power advantages in our experience. Initially the recast was out in front, but in working with a different casting number stock heads, the same flows, velocity and power levels were achieved.

In any form of competition the main objective is to out do the rest of the opponents. It is the ego of the puller that pushes manufactures to continue to raise the bar for power and durability. If a competitor has the means to monetarily afford to run within the specified rules and can replace parts with short service life spans, then does that truly limit the class or does it widen the gap? I agree limitations need to be implemented to keep the sport growing in dynamically changing environments. Decisions (rules) need to be looked at from all angles and understood before set in place. I know I sound like a broken record and fully expect substantial flack on this but I keep coming back to weight, weight, weight. You cannot hook power without traction. It is the cheap option and easily enforced.

Re: U.S.A. East rule meeting ? Rick October 12, 2016 06:15AM
Mighty Mouse has spoke again.

Re: U.S.A. East rule meeting ? Rick October 09, 2016 01:13AM
So back to the original question ! Will there be a meeting or not ?? Or just decided upon ??

Re: U.S.A. East rule meeting ? Rick October 17, 2016 12:06AM
Why don't some of the big wigs of these pulling leagues get together across Ohio and pa
And Come up with some rules that all the tractors can pull in all of them even if it by weight of cid
Limited pro/light pro super farm. Profarm hot farm

Re: U.S.A. East rule meeting ? Rick October 17, 2016 02:45AM
I don't think the a-pump guys can handle going bye a national set of rules. Why not keep the superfarms the way they are being that it is a national set of rules and the guys that want to run big turbos go to an actual class like a light pro stock or an actual limited pro stock. But that might be to easy. Or how about the 540 unlimited turbo a/pumps run against the pro-stocks with USA east and see how they like it!! Heck let them weight up to 11k. Sense all we keep hearing is how weight is the answer. Separate the classes and drop the class that doesn't show numbers.

Re: U.S.A. East rule meeting ? Rick October 17, 2016 04:21AM
Wish there was a like button. Best post so far

Re: U.S.A. East rule meeting ? Rick October 17, 2016 06:54AM
Looks like half the class doesn't want change. So the other half that wants change, wants to go in opposite directions. That tells me with all the different winners ya had. Promoters doing a fine job. Keep up the good work. It looks to me you earn it. Wow!!!

Re: U.S.A. East rule meeting ? Rick October 18, 2016 10:41AM
that is the stupidest thing someone could say . unless you are a soar loser who does not pull anymore or never did and have no concept of how to compare apples to apples. what a dumb a$$!!!

Re: U.S.A. East rule meeting ? Rick October 18, 2016 01:33PM
You need to step back and look at this class. You are obviously closely involved in this class. The super farms that you pull with are a national class. The A pump limited pros are Rick's little niche class. He has you by the balls. Put a P pump on and go run with the light pro's. Ostpa or ntpa region 2. Bring back Reg 1!!!

Re: U.S.A. East rule meeting ? Rick October 18, 2016 03:38PM
Well in the perfect world it would be great to have two seperate classes. But you can't there would be ten lim. Pros and two s.f. at any given pull and just the opposite way on the next just because of geografical locations and numerouse reasons. Both lim.pro and s.f. are great classes and certain people like each one tomtheir own liking. This class was orginally started many years ago as the lim.pro class, so to say to dump it that is just plain stupid ! As far as putting on a p pump and change to a lite pro well now that will really put a gap in the class at the full pull mark now won't it . Or run two seperate and you have the same number out come as stated above. The A pump is a limit to the class and restricts things to a point just as the 3 x 3 turbo does for the super farm. Some may argue that the cost has gotten out of hand for a A pump, but so has a top notch 3x3 turbo too. And you ain't going to have a cheap old p pump that some think put on and run any good either , your going to spend some good money on a pump tocompete in the that class too. The A pump class - mod turbo down east is a great class and has enough numbers to always have a fairly nice size class any night, also. So to saychange the class well that would be like let the s.f. run ac 3x4 turbo . Then it is no longer the s.f. class that it is nationally recognized as , correct . The lite pro class is a great class is a greatclass but if thatvis what someone wants to run then go pull it , don't try to change the rules of a exsisting nice class that hasca limit ( the A pump )

Re: U.S.A. East rule meeting ? Rick October 18, 2016 02:31PM
Not sure why someone else's opinion turns them into a dumb a$$ or a sore loser? Guess they should all do what you want. Anyhow I went to FPP web site and looked at points page. I added up all the tractors that had top three finishes. Now I believe I know which are SF and LP. This isn't all of them just added top three placers. There was 4 active SF that had 5 wins. That comes out to 1.25 wins per SF. There was 10 active LP that had 15 wins. That's 1.5 wins per LP and that counting Rolling thunder that showed up twice. Also there is seven different winners. Sorry my friend, them are pretty hard numbers to argue against.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,563, Posts: 229,576, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,055, Posts: 225,838.

Our newest member BadHabit2