Compact Diesel Meeting October 11, 2016 12:45AM
I have been in touch with several people building, or are planning to build, compact diesel tractors. Everyone agrees that we should get together and try to agree on some guidelines so we can try to get them as close as possible to build the class numbers. I will be hosting a meeting May 6th at 11:00 am for anyone interested This meeting will be at the Paulding County Fairgrounds during the Horsepower Holiday Weekend. We will have the meeting on Saturday morning with the mini rod pull (including the diesel class) starting around 2:00. If you would like to get included in our email group to keep up with what's happening please send your email address to dan@advancedchassisllc.net. Please include your city and state so we can mark you on the map.

Thanks Dan

Re: Compact Diesel Meeting October 11, 2016 06:19PM
The meetings have been had and mucking up things with or by the special interests would be a big mistake. Those rules that Wisconsin has adopted had plenty of meetings when they were created. They were not perfect but now is not the time to start meddling with them. If you start running off in a dozen different directions, the same thing will repeat itself, like the last time. Wait at least a year and let Wisconsin do the beta test. The only way people will build these tractors is if the rules are stable.

BTW the nonsense that parts availability due to the engine rules originally is BS. These tractors are going to cost as much as any competitive mini, and which engine you choose to use will not make it any cheaper. There will be very little difference with the chassis and drivetrain for a mini.

Re: Compact Diesel Meeting October 12, 2016 12:34AM
I think you are misunderstanding what we are trying to do. We are trying to make it so that there is only one set of rules. We have to get started somewhere, and our eventual goal is a Grand National/Regional class. I assume I am the "special interest" group that you are referring too, but I can assure you I'm not looking to change anything nor do I I have the power to do so. I have people from Iowa to Pennsylvania signing up for this email so they can communicate with each other. I'm not from Wisconsin so I didn't get to sit on the meetings but I'm sure that is what everyone will use because they did do the work, and they know what they are talking about. The cost and availability concerns were brought to me in a conversation with one of the owners of one of the originals so maybe he was not telling me the truth, but I have no idea why he'd lie to me. I can see you are passionate about this, so how about sending me your email address and I'll keep you in the loop so you can see we're not planning some evil take over in the dark of night.
Thanks Dan

Re: Compact Diesel Meeting October 12, 2016 08:46AM
Dan:

Who or what organization in Wisconsin, I live here? I'd like to see the rules myself.

red712

Re: Compact Diesel Meeting October 12, 2016 01:49PM
I think this is the rules are asking for maybe?
Rules

Re: Compact Diesel Meeting October 17, 2016 08:02AM
What chassis' are popular for this class? Thanks.

Re: Compact Diesel Meeting October 17, 2016 09:57AM
Yes those are the rules as produced by the Tri County Club I was referring to. Since no one else has a set of rules that I know of that allows the more common motors, I would say this is the set to build them to. I'm sure everyone wants their personal combination included but right now it's better to make some compromises and get a class together and then let the class naturally evolve from there. As for the chassis question, we have designed a more "up high" chassis for this application ourselves to look more like a SS Diesel, but we know of tractors being built with wedge rails, and some "down low" tube chassis also. Right now no one knows what will work best with this combination which is why the more times you can run against another diesel, the more information you gather. I hope to get as many different combinations as possible to this pull so we can all see what the class needs, or doesn't need. I have some corporate sponsors interested in this already so maybe we can tri to get a series of a couple pulls for next year. Keep the emails coming, it's starting to pick up a little steam!
Thanks Dan

Re: Compact Diesel Meeting October 17, 2016 12:00PM
Let's keep it as simple as possible at first and let it . evolve so that most of can afford to build one. I would rather try the taller chassis like Dan is talking about so that they are more to scale and stand out from the v8 minis. Hope we can keep the interest going and get the ball rolling

Re: Compact Diesel Meeting October 18, 2016 01:40PM
I am very interested in building one, I have been for some time now, Good luck on coming up with a Good set of Rules, Mainly to get it to a GN or even a RN Class means that they have to turn on, which is great to watch, Hopefully we all can work together, Thanks

Re: Compact Diesel Meeting October 19, 2016 12:04AM
XTWD please send your email address to dan@advancedchassisllc.net to get on the list so we can keep you informed

Re: Compact Diesel Meeting November 14, 2016 02:57PM
I am putting together a compact diesel tractor with the Tri County pullers if anybody has any questions about this class please contact me my name is Randy my phone number 262 364 8682

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,573, Posts: 229,600, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,057, Posts: 225,854.

Our newest member BadHabit2