What state is the Best October 12, 2016 12:26PM
My home state of Indiana had one national champion this year on the circuits of the NTPA or PPL. As the question asked yesterday which state is the best ? If judging by titles Ohio takes the cake!

Click Here

Miles Krieger

My Blog:
Miles Beyond 300
[www.facebook.com]
milesbeyond300@gmail

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2016 12:21AM by MH49.

Re: What state is the Best October 12, 2016 01:01PM
ohio,and I don't live there......

Re: What state is the Best October 12, 2016 10:28PM
Just a question to ponder, not that I know, but how many Pulling vehicles in Ohio or other states?
Or do they have more wins because they have more vehicles in there state than any other.

Eric Prewitt
The Prewitt Pulling Team
Public Relations for
The Pulling Radio Network

Re: What state is the Best October 13, 2016 03:33AM
Wisconsin and Ohio both had 3 ppl winners and wi had more total in the top 3, Ohio is strong but they have a huge advantage with location for the national circuits

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2016 03:35AM by Dairy blend.

Re: What state is the Best October 13, 2016 04:14AM
I stand by my position that Missouri and Ohio are equals, Missouri has sheer quantity of pulling and Ohio has quality....not to say that Missouri doesn't have top notch pullers, because they do. Missouri's state fair has five days of pulling of every sort; what other state can say that?

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: What state is the Best October 17, 2016 12:55PM
Not Michigan Ohio or Wisconsin

Lively October 13, 2016 04:42AM
I don't know that Missouri has more quality even.
Ohio has
BG
Ft. Recovery
NTPA R2
OSTPA
COATPA
COTPC
Rick Feicht
OATPA
Central Ohio Mini
Buckeye Mods

That's just what I can think of off the top of my head.

Then there are to many brush pulls to list like Georgetown, Hillsboro, etc

Re: Lively October 13, 2016 05:07AM
JYHamiltonOH
I don't know that Missouri has more quality even.
Ohio has
BG
Ft. Recovery
NTPA R2
OSTPA
COATPA
COTPC
Rick Feicht
OATPA
Central Ohio Mini
Buckeye Mods

That's just what I can think of off the top of my head.

Then there are to many brush pulls to list like Georgetown, Hillsboro, etc

Missouri = "Quantity" Ohio = "Quality" Again, not talking Mizzou down at all just an observation. The roots of the sport are in those two states and should be respected as such, also adding to my rankings.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: What state is the Best October 13, 2016 05:23AM
Just curious if anyone knows of a more concentrated area of quality pullers than what there within a 20 mile radius of eastern stark county!

Carlton Cope Warpath- GN points Champ-Bowling Green Champ- Louisville Champ
Campbell Bros. Soupline Express- GN Points runner up
MAC Trailer pulling Team- (3)Pro stocks and 1 Super Farm. Currently best running PS in nation. GN champs and runner up
Kevin and Danny Schmucker Rampage and Git er Dun- Multiple BG Rings I believe 4 time Louisville champ and 3 time GN champs
Kyle Karlen Bad Blood LSS- 2nd in GN points for 2016
Lou and Brenda Shanklin Black Sheep- 2016 PPL points runner up
Joe Guiletto Sneeky Pete- BG ring winner 2016, Big Rigs points champ
Dick Bonner Macksimus Prime 1&2- PPL points Champ and multiple BG wins
Sanders Semi pulling team (4 semis)- many big rigs points championships (currently stopped due to health reasons)
Jeff Hothem Fully Loaded- 2016 ppl super stock Champion

Asside from GN pullers you have:
Justin Garwood SSD4X4,
Tom Miller Lt Pro,
Greg Kenreigh Lim pro(2016 OSTPA points champ),
John Cespedes and Bryan Snyder PS,
Howard Antram TWD.
Ed Johnson 2014 region II HSS points Champ

This is just a list i pulled off the top of my head and does not include nearly all of the great accomplishments or many more great pullers for other organizations such as the Classic Super Stock which is extremely popular in this area

My answer--OHIO October 13, 2016 08:16AM
You can break it down into categories
•Number of Pullers
•Championships by Pullers
•Big Pull Wins "Crown Jewel Wins" by pullers(BG, Louisville/NFMS, Tomah, Chapel Hill, Hillsboro, Enderle, Scheid...for the truck guys)
•Number of Pulls
•Quality Pulls
•Pulling Organizations
•Tractor and Truck Builders(engine, chassis, or pulling parts)
•Roots of Pulling

and I would say Ohio is the best or close to the best in all of those...

To start out in the past 10 years Ohioans have won 28 NTPA Grand National Championships and 20 PPL Champions Tour Point championships.

As for big pulls we have BG, Fort Recovery, Enderle, Wellington, and many other national level pulls and large state/regional pulls. Plus some mean clay tracks!

Pulling Businesses and Builders in Ohio
•Riverside Engines/REI
•Gene's Machine Shop/GMS
•Cyclone Machine
•Wipe Out Enterprises
•Ken Veney Industries
•Top Notch/Shipley
•Humpco
•Mets Machine Shop
•Karlen Motorsports Chassis
•Bullseye Performance
•Barker Machine Chassis
•Burton Chassis
•JEB Modern Machines
•SCS Gearbox
•The Tractor Depot/Cope
•Nichols Tire
And these are just some of them...

As for pulling organizations that pull in Ohio we have.
•NTPA GN
•NTPA R2
•PPL CT
•PPL SS
•OTTPA
•OSTPA
•Full Pull Productions/USA-East
•COATPA
•COTPA
•OMTPA
And many other smaller organization pulls and brush truck and tractor pulls

-2nd place would be Wisconsin by my criteria-

Re: My answer--OHIO October 13, 2016 11:38AM
i'm not really sure it's fair to ask or say what state is the best.. Every state that has pulls is good and bad. I live and photograph for New York (nytpa) they have a great club with great people.. Yes we only have one national pull compared to other states. We have a lot i mean a lot of farm and hot farm pulling in New York. So i ask how can anyone say who is the best state ???? i just think it's a unfair question

Re: What state is the Best October 13, 2016 11:38AM
i'm not really sure it's fair to ask or say what state is the best.. Every state that has pulls is good and bad. I live and photograph for New York (nytpa) they have a great club with great people.. Yes we only have one national pull compared to other states. We have a lot i mean a lot of farm and hot farm pulling in New York. So i ask how can anyone say who is the best state ???? i just think it's a unfair question

Re: What state is the Best October 13, 2016 12:37PM
The question did not say "what state has good pulling?" or "what state has good tracks?" or " what state has good pullers?"

We all know alot of states have good pullers and good pulls and so on... Thank God for pulling wherever it may be!!!! we love all of it. But the question IS... WHAT IS THE BEST PULLING STATE? and it IS a fair question, absolutely not an unfair question. The answer is indisputably Ohio there are simply no facts that lead to believe otherwise. It always has been Ohio. It may not forever be that way and that's ok I want pulling to be HUGE everywhere but for now its Ohio. i did not say pulling isn't big in other states but like Chip42 posted previously when you look at each category of pulling you ohio comes up every time.

Re: What state is the Best October 13, 2016 01:49PM
Well maybe the classes should have been specified NTPA snd PPL is only a fart in a whirl wind compared to all the pulling that goes on find the names of all the clubs in each state antiques farm and brush pulls add the pulls up then you will have your answer 8 or 10 grand national winners don't make Ohios pullin huge 500 pulls between April to Oct would make it huge Hell the Buckeyes don't start pullin until June and froze out in August And I would bet the state goes HILARY in the election So your question should have been who had the most grand national winners wich 80 percent of the pullers could care less about and 90 percent of the fans at the fairs never heard of

Re: What state is the Best October 13, 2016 02:37PM
I'm sorry your butt hurt that you don't live in Ohio, but to set the record straight we start pulling the first weekend in May and pull through the month of October. According to you we quit pulling in August here is just a list of pulls that I can think of after August
OSTPA: canton, Marietta, mt Gilead, richwood, st. Clairsville, wooster (X2), Ashland, Dover, coshocton(X2).
FPP/Usa east: canfield, Burton, Dover, Lisbon,
NTPA: waseon, canfield, canton, Marietta, Findlay, Old Washington, Enderle pull off,
Other pulls: Hillsboro(X2), Georgetown (X4) loudonville(x2), Cadiz, buckeye diesel blast pull, many many other pulls at fairs where they have the local classes( that you mentioned) of tractor and a lot of independent diesel truck pulls

** certainly doesn't seem like we rollup the tracks after August**
- just fighting words with facts-

Re: What state is the Best October 13, 2016 04:10PM
Mile Branch Grange had a pull in April and there are still pulls to go in Carrollton here in Ohio too...I've been to Mechanicstown before when it was around freezing temperatures but I guess we are fair weather pullers and fans here in the Buckeye State according to ih...haha

Re: What state is the Best October 20, 2016 05:39AM
Speaking of mechanicstown... any more pulls down there this year? Already getting itchy for another fixHot

Re: What state is the Best October 20, 2016 07:07AM
Not saying Wisconsin is the best state because that is easily arguable but one thing you didn't mention are the builders,
Blackbourn
Hawthorn Tire
Profab
Atlas
Fair Valley Performance
K3 Tire
Slama Enterprise
Engelking Dyno
Lemke Motorsports
Meier Performance
Sorry for the ones that I missed

Re: What state is the Best October 20, 2016 08:04AM
You forgot about the Mondovi Mafia!!!!

Re: What state is the Best October 20, 2016 11:18PM
You might want to reread the post by chip42 as he mentioned Ohio has some pretty heavy hitters when it comes to builders in this sport.

Re: What state is the Best October 23, 2016 10:06AM
Englelking Dyno is in Illinois as much as you would like to claim him

Mechanicstown October 20, 2016 07:46AM
I'm pretty sure that they are done for the year down there.

Re: What state is the Best October 13, 2016 01:53PM
Bryan is right. Missouri has 14 different pulling organizations. Granted they aren't all top tier level. But you can see all types of tractors and trucks in Missouri which is awesome. Iam from Macon Missouri. Granted I miss the Show Me Showdown. It takes a lot of time , money, and dedication to put a pull on. 95 percent of fans doesn't know the work involved. So to all the organizations and promotors Thank You!! You all should get more respect on here

Re: What state is the Best October 13, 2016 03:58PM
Ohio pulling organizations/groups that put on pulls...

1.OSTPA-Ohio state tractor pullers association
2.OMTPA-Ohio modified tractor pullers association
3.COTPC-Central Ohio truck pullers circuit
4.COATPA-Central Ohio antique tractor pullers association
5.DCTPA-Darke county tractor pullers association
6.NWOTPA-Northwestern Ohio tractor pullers association
7.Ohio mod rod pullers
8.NEO pro farm pulling
9.OSATPA-Ohio state antique tractor pullers association
10.Ohio light limited super stock tractor pulling
11.Central Ohio mini modified tractor pullers
12.Buckeye Iron will club
13.NorthWest ohio truck puller circuit
14.River valley antique tractor pullers association
15.Maumee valley pullers
16.Columbiana county antique tractor association
17.Marshallville antique tractor pullers
18.Southern Ohio antique tractor pullers association
19.Medina county truck and tractor pulling organization
20.Wayne county truck and tractor pullers
and the list could go on...

That is not including...

1.NTPA
2.PPL
3.FPP/USA-East
4.NATPA
5.PPP
6.OTTPA
7.American Farm Pullers
8.Michindoh Pullers

They all have pulls in Ohio

Don't make me get into pedal pulling and R/C pulling!

Buckeye state pedal pullers and NR/CTPA are here in Ohio

Re: What state is the Best October 13, 2016 11:07PM
Nathan Binder
Bryan is right. Missouri has 14 different pulling organizations. Granted they aren't all top tier level. But you can see all types of tractors and trucks in Missouri which is awesome. Iam from Macon Missouri. Granted I miss the Show Me Showdown. It takes a lot of time , money, and dedication to put a pull on. 95 percent of fans doesn't know the work involved. So to all the organizations and promotors Thank You!! You all should get more respect on here

West of the Mississippi its Missouri hands down...Theres a wide variety of pullers here...East of the big river its Ohio..

Re: What state is the Best October 14, 2016 12:03AM
Ohio. If not for Ohio you would not have all the organizations that there are anywhere. You could go to a pull in a Ohio every night of the week starting at Memorial Day thru most of September.

Re: What state is the Best October 15, 2016 08:05AM
You're comparing apples to oranges Missouri,Iowa,and all other Midwestern states we are on the western fringe of Champion tour events. It's really a debate not worth having if your a fan it doesn't matter where they're from.

Re: What state is the Best October 18, 2016 04:59AM
Hands down, Wisconsin takes it.

Farming from way back when lead way to pulling tractors of today, which brought trucks with it.

Our fans are so incredibly passionate and know their pulling. The events happen in every town from 10 people to 10,000 plus.

We run just about every class known to man in Wisconsin which of course brings some serious championships to Wisconsin.

Not to mention, the promoting. No one promotes pulling like those in Wisconsin.

Clubs, venues, cities, fans, pullers, promoters, the list goes on and on!

Wisconsin!!!

Re: What state is the Best October 23, 2016 12:36PM
Kentucky we have BOB Tom McConnell a legend in his own time Battle of the Bluegrass ATPA the start of PPL and home to the LLSS class

Re: What state is the Best October 23, 2016 11:43PM
It has to be NY. We have the highest taxes, biggest ahole for a governor, so we must be the best at tractor pulling too!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,564, Posts: 229,578, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,055, Posts: 225,839.

Our newest member BadHabit2