Chrome exhaust October 17, 2016 02:52AM
Got issues with my chrome exhaust pipes discoloringredients. Having a spot or two bluing but mainly it is a light brown tarnish. Is there any way to take that off.

Re: Chrome exhaust October 17, 2016 04:40AM
Hello, I have a lot of experience with chrome, you can try polishing it but most likely its from heat build up. My best advice would be to go get a new steel pipe from your local steel warehouse, cut it to the length you want and go to a custom chrome shop and have them chrome it WITHOUT copper. Copper fills the little imperfections in the pipe but it is the reason that chrome "blue's". Chrome shops will only chrome new pipe because they cant have the carbon from exhaust in their tanks, If you can't find a chrome shop or have any questions, I can have my shop do it, costs around $250. Its a little more expensive but it will not blue and is show quality chrome. My tractor has been above 1800 degrees on the pyro and my chrome still looks new.

Re: Chrome exhaust October 17, 2016 05:46AM
Another option is to use a hood mounted pipe and run normal exhaust tubing 3/4 of the way up on the inside of the chrome pipe , this will keep the heat off and it won't discolor.

Re: Chrome exhaust October 18, 2016 09:54AM
Another option.

At High-Rev Technology we can ceramic coat the inside of your chrome pipe. This will provide a thermal barrier to help reduce bluing. Cost depend on length of pipe.
Thanks,
Joshua Mobley
High-Rev
(731)574-1128

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,579, Posts: 229,610, Members: 3,320.
This forum: Topics: 37,058, Posts: 225,859.

Our newest member Fechtner Racing