Ripper Auction October 18, 2016 02:42PM
I'd say that's an embellishment by Teitsworth.

Re: Ripper Auction October 18, 2016 11:45PM
Explain please

Re: Ripper Auction October 19, 2016 12:41AM
A bottom end built by Mark is far from being built by Mark Hootman. Jeff set the head and did the fuel and turbo system. That tractor would have run different altogether if Mark had built it start to finish.

Re: Ripper Auction October 19, 2016 06:02AM
Who did the chassis?

Re: Ripper Auction October 19, 2016 06:23AM
Jason built the frame.

Re: Ripper Auction October 19, 2016 11:57AM
Well to me it sounds like it is fair to say Hootman built tractor. What needs to be the extent of build for you to think it is okay?

Re: Ripper Auction October 19, 2016 01:14PM
That tractor is going to bring a lot less at the auction if they know it doesn't run.

Re: Ripper Auction October 19, 2016 03:22PM
Parts were brought to Mark, he assembled the bottom end, which I'm sure is meticulous, and then the tractor was hauled out and Jeff finished the rest. That constitutes a Hootman motor/tractor? Doesn't have Mark's mag system on it, his turbos or his fuel system. There were a lot of other hands in that tractor that were far below the caliber of Mark. So no, I don't consider it built by Mark. Having someone assemble your parts in a bottom end does not make it his. If Jeff had stayed out of it, Jack would've gotten down the track a lot sooner than Pike.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2016 03:24PM by Newalkyholic.

Re: Ripper Auction October 20, 2016 01:22AM
Keep beating it down and someone( maybe the guy bashing) will get a great deal. Especially if they know what's wrong with it.

Re: Ripper Auction October 20, 2016 01:48AM
I do know what's wrong with it Hitchpin, but I'm not shopping, I'm building for a different class. The part that bothers me is that I know the Hootmans, and I have the utmost respect for them. I don't want someone to think they are getting a "Hootman tractor", be dissatisfied with it, and then badmouth Mark's good name. There's no one else who I'd want involved in a SS build than that man and his son.

Re: Ripper Auction October 20, 2016 01:36AM
Auctioneers sell everything "as-is, where-is" and make their money based on commission of the price of the item. Since the auctioneer is only acting as the salesperson with no guarantee or warranty to worry about, why does it surprise you that things might be embellished? I am always surprised to see things bring a higher price at an auction than I could purchase it from a store or dealership. Nobody is going to rush in and buy the ripper based on what an auction advertisement says, as they will look at the posted results from last year and ask around the people in the sport about the tractor. What was your point of starting this thread?

Re: Ripper Auction October 20, 2016 12:28PM
Where and when is the sale and is there a sale bill

Re: Ripper Auction October 20, 2016 12:37PM
[www.teitsworth.com]

Re: Ripper Auction October 23, 2016 06:33AM
Is Jack's tractor going to be pulling in esp next year?

Re: Ripper Auction October 23, 2016 06:45AM
My guess is that it doesn't meet the reserve price and it will be listed in the sales section next week. I would be surprised if it sticks in WNY.

Re: Ripper Auction October 23, 2016 09:32AM
I hear it might b going to chambersburg pa. Also does anybody know what the reserve is

Re: Ripper Auction October 27, 2016 12:05AM
Just because it's in a auction doesn't mean it doesn't have a reserve on it. I don't know this man but if he has a widow it could have a reserve and if he was a single man and no children and it's a true estate auction then it probably won't have a reserve. Would someone please let us that can't be there know the outcome of the sale of the tractor.

Re: Ripper Auction October 27, 2016 03:55AM
It is staying in ny for now
Sold

Re: Ripper Auction October 23, 2016 02:25PM
Ntpa watched
Is Jack's tractor going to be pulling in esp next year?
sorry but this must be the worst question ever. the tractor is FOR SALE at an AUCTION!!!! ya know, high bidder and all. it could be sold to anyone!!! ANYONE!!! if it gets sold to someone in wisconsin do you think they will be pulling it in ESP next year????

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
Abraham Lincoln

Pulling Tractor The "Ripper" & Transport Truck - Auction October 18, 2016 08:06AM
Pulling Tractor
“Ripper” - Built by Mark Hootman, 6000/8000 class, Chrome Molly tubular, Alcohol fuel, Ford truck block 496 CI, Rockwell planetary rears, 3 HXG2 turbos, Bottom turbo has ball bearings, Indy culture head billet, Steel main bearing caps, Counter weighted crank shaft, Aluminum connecting rods, also has data log w/ computer sensors, built new this year – running great

Transport Truck
1992 IH 4700 w/ 24ft van body and hydraulic tailgate, used to move the “Ripper”

These items will be sold at our upcoming auction.
Volk Excavating Auction - The Estate of Jack Volk
Thursday, October 27, 2016 at 9:00 AM
5424 Toolhouse Road (Off Route 20A – 1 mile)
East of Warsaw, NY, 14569

Find auction details at:
goo.gl/4elOKv

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2016 07:37AM by RTI_Auctions.

Re: Pulling Tractor The "Ripper" & Transport Truck - Auction October 27, 2016 02:13AM
Live auction has started, can watch or bid on RTI website. Tractor coming up shortly.

[teitsworth.nextlot.com]

Re: Pulling Tractor The "Ripper" & Transport Truck - Auction October 27, 2016 02:35AM
Sold for $59K. Someone got a pretty sweet deal

Re: Pulling Tractor The "Ripper" & Transport Truck - Auction October 27, 2016 02:59AM
Do you know if it actually sold or if it missed the reserve? Who was the winning bidder?

Re: Pulling Tractor The "Ripper" & Transport Truck - Auction October 27, 2016 03:56AM
I seen the Hayes's there

Re: Pulling Tractor The "Ripper" & Transport Truck - Auction October 27, 2016 03:57AM
They said around Albany it was sold to

Re: Pulling Tractor The "Ripper" & Transport Truck - Auction October 27, 2016 04:13AM
Pretty sure it's headed to Yelle's

Re: Pulling Tractor The "Ripper" & Transport Truck - Auction October 27, 2016 06:57AM
Hayes' around Albany would make sense, as Gaetan is from Fort Covington, on the NY-Canada border...

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,576, Posts: 229,605, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,058, Posts: 225,857.

Our newest member BadHabit2