OTTPA Diesel Super Stock November 16, 2016 03:41AM
As we approach our rules meetings this weekend here are some ideas for the OTTPA Diesel Super Stock class. Thanks, Doug

Attachments:
open | download - Diesel Super Stock Turbo letter.pdf (176.6 KB)

Re: OTTPA Diesel Super Stock November 18, 2016 02:36PM
Something needs to be done to save this class. One of my favorite classes and none shows up anymore. Would much rather watch 15 tractors with some limits than the two or three that show up now.

Re: OTTPA Diesel Super Stock November 18, 2016 10:34PM
Smooth bore with a size limit is the only way to go !!!

Re: OTTPA Diesel Super Stock November 19, 2016 11:23AM
how about letting 540 cubic inches with any size single turbo run as well. right now rules only allow a 4.1 on a single turbo engine

Re: OTTPA Diesel Super Stock November 19, 2016 12:16PM
In my opinion with this rule to class will lose even more numbers, I feel this is being done for the benefit of certain competitors to keep up, also any ntpa tractors that like to cross over for the bigger shows will no longer do so since they have tabled this rule in the ntpa.

Re: OTTPA Diesel Super Stock November 20, 2016 07:51AM
The goal here is to save the class. In no way shape or form does it save the class by opening it up to lesser tractors. People who follow diesel supers don't want the class flooded with light pros or superfarms. Look at what happened out east. I don't like the idea of limiting the Superstock class at all, but it comes down to whatever is best for the class AND the competitors. Any changes made by any group should be done by a vote. Only voted on by club members that had an active machine in the class proposing changes.

Re: OTTPA Diesel Super Stock November 20, 2016 08:41AM
Atleast he's not trying to make the class buy a bunch of overpriced precision turbos. But this would be a start to move that direction.

Re: OTTPA Diesel Super Stock November 20, 2016 12:41PM
Well, having way overpriced cranks last a dozen runs isn't the answer.
You could run a multi engine Mod tractor for the same money!

Re: OTTPA Diesel Super Stock November 21, 2016 07:13AM
Why you even asking.

Re: OTTPA Diesel Super Stock November 21, 2016 01:25PM
Just a fan here and I would agree with that. Everything is relative. Sometimes here in Nebraska over the years I've seen a couple older tractors that haven't been updated or a couple newer but under horsepower DSS tractors, and I've always thought that they put on a great show. They may be 40' behind the leader so people may not think much of them, but I've always thought that if those tractors showed up at a brush pull and just pulled against each other they would impress the hell out of people.

Would these tractors still make the big smoke? Would they still have great tire speed (rather than exceptional tire speed)? Then I'm all in with the change-- although nobody gives a hoot what I think.

Re: OTTPA Diesel Super Stock November 22, 2016 12:17PM
Maybe just put 3 turbos on. Any way you are looking at this hp is going to be limited. A decent ps tractor could easily pull in this class and then you'll have numbers. This could be another super-pro class like tri-state.

Re: OTTPA Diesel Super Stock November 22, 2016 12:35PM
Pullers are always going to pay more when there are more rules and gray areas.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,615, Posts: 229,671, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,064, Posts: 225,890.

Our newest member JD_8520