mike whilhite December 04, 2016 12:07PM
Is Mike Wilhite still pulling?

Re: mike whilhite December 04, 2016 03:00PM
Yes,he's building a new motor,going with an IH motor,should be out around first of the pulling season.

Re: mike whilhite December 05, 2016 12:47AM
What fantastic news!! Another bastardized LSS!!

That NTPA sheetmetal rule sure is helping out........how entertaining it will be to watch a class knowing that they are all essentially IH engines.

It's been said here before, may as well just go with a generic block and head for everyone, get it over with. Bring on the NASCAR tractors, yippee!

Re: mike whilhite December 05, 2016 02:11AM
I think he had the engine already started before NTPA ok'd the billet blocks. so no going back. he couldn't build a factory engine to compete and stay together, so what do you expect him to do?

Re: mike whilhite December 05, 2016 02:29AM
then maybe he should have commander build his engine because that FORD runs!!!

Re: mike whilhite December 05, 2016 11:52AM
he couldn't build a factory engine to compete and stay together, so what do you expect him to do?

Really?! That's the statement you're gonna go with?!

But I guess that's how we teach the kids in school now....everybody gets to win, you can't let anyone lose. Participation awards for everyone!

I think the staement you were looking for is "couldn't win consistently". That is clearly the reasoning for jumping ship. As stated elsewhere here, Hootman's Commander is competitive, so what's the problem?

Re: mike whilhite December 05, 2016 06:42PM
Wow. yes that is the statement I'll go with. His motors compete they just didn't stay together. That's what I was trying to say but may not have been clear. If you couldn't get a motor to stay together at the power level you were running you'd try something different too. We all would eventually. I imagine any of us would get tired of sinking money into an unreliable setup when you don't have to.

Re: mike whilhite December 05, 2016 02:40AM
Saying it's an International Engine is Like calling a Veney or a Sassy Hemi a Dodge engine or a Minor Bros. Engine a Chevy. International has as much to do with the engine as John Deere, New Holland, or Agco....Nothing... The credit for power and performance should go to the builder of the engine. The people that researched, developed, and invested in making it perform.

Re: mike whilhite December 05, 2016 03:03AM
Its an International block! So I'd say International does have a little something to do with it! Sure the engine builder deserves credit but its still an INTERNATIONAL. If the block doesnt matter then why did he switch blocks?

I hope he goes with 986 sheetmetal!

Oh and Dodge doesnt make the block for Veney or Sassy!

Re: mike whilhite December 05, 2016 08:17AM
I wasn't saying the blocks don't matter, What I was saying is the blocks being used in pulling are all remachined and all billet parts are installed so the OEM specs that International used are no longer relevant, which all but takes International out of it. Much like the guys that will choose to use billet blocks they will all be machined to use the billet parts of there choice There for there loyalties will ride on the sheet metal and with there engine builders.

Re: mike whilhite December 05, 2016 10:50AM
yep and he will blow that up as well the internal can't always stand what the wick will burn

Re: mike whilhite December 05, 2016 12:04PM
You have to be kidding me......you are honestly going to try and say that using the IH based engine has absolutely no bearing on a performance gain, that Mike just up and decided after years of running a Ford that he "just wanted change"?

I know there are others in the class that are running an IH under "other" sheetmetal, and that is what is diluting the class. Sure, those guys have a smokin' run, and it's nice to see a few like that for sure, but this is going to be just like Pro stock with John Deere.

From an educated fan standpoint, these creations are a slap in the face. Do whatever you gotta do to win I guess.

But I guess I should probably just be quiet, it's probably a legit entry via the rainbow corporation (Case, IH, Ford, NH, Agco, AC, Massey.........and whatever else the conglomoration owns).

Re: mike whilhite December 05, 2016 12:15PM
Not near as bad as knowing theyre just a few skidders cant say a bunch of so boo hoo a Ford decal has got a Nash maybe block in it

Re: mike whilhite December 05, 2016 05:46AM
Hey slow death , do you believe everything you read on the computer?

Re: mike whilhite December 05, 2016 06:04AM
There is no doubt or argument on that subject. There will be an IH in Wilhite's tractor

Re: mike whilhite December 05, 2016 12:26PM
I would love to se Russian Belarus sheet metal on it or maybe Long then he can still keep the blue

Re: mike whilhite December 05, 2016 01:00PM
now that right there is funny, I don't care who you are!

Re: mike whilhite December 07, 2016 08:11AM
Mike is not going anywhere and too everyone who says he can't make a ford run just look at the championships he has won on the ppl tour mike always has been and will continue too be one of the top running fords out there

Re: mike whilhite December 07, 2016 08:18AM
So you are saying he is not going to an IH and is staying with a ford motor?

Re: mike whilhite December 09, 2016 10:51AM
yes he is

Re: mike whilhite December 09, 2016 02:53PM
Sence when,i know where the crank is and its waiting to be weighted,almost certain its an IH crank,i'll be over at the shop in a few days maybe even tommorrow,and will see for sure,and he's not building just one motor,he's building two,one for him,one for Mark ( who owns CANCERVIVE the llss ),he bought Barbees rolloing chassis.

Re: mike whilhite December 09, 2016 05:41PM
I think "ky light super fan" is doing some wishful thinking. It's been established Mike is building a red motor and not staying blue.

Re: mike whilhite December 09, 2016 06:32PM
You mean a top running international. Red motor equals red tractor not top running ford

Re: mike whilhite December 10, 2016 05:03AM
Motor is red hood is blue end of story

Re: mike whilhite December 10, 2016 05:33AM
This is bad for the IH guys his average of three blown engines to 300ft will cause a shortage of the red blocks

Re: mike whilhite December 10, 2016 12:44PM
Im sure if all you that are bashing him want to build him a Blue Motor. Mike would run it for you shut up about it.

Re: mike whilhite December 10, 2016 12:53PM
Better yet , who cares ?? It's Mikes tractor he may do what he wants, I don't like engine swaps either but the rules allow it so who cares?? His choice not ours .

Re: mike whilhite December 10, 2016 02:44PM
Irrelevant
Better yet , who cares ?? It's Mikes tractor he may do what he wants, I don't like engine swaps either but the rules allow it so who cares?? His choice not ours .
i care. other people care. thats who cares. sure he can do it. he can paint it pink he can call it drag queen. he can do what ever he wants with it its his money. still sucks and i sure wont cheer for just some other ih there are enough ih out there. he should just call terry and josh like everyone else. BORRING!

Re: mike whilhite December 11, 2016 01:14AM
The funny thing is, if he hadn't told anyone that he was building an IH engine, no one would know the difference.

Re: mike whilhite December 11, 2016 05:17AM
The ones on here downing him couldn't tell the difference anyway

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,576, Posts: 229,605, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,058, Posts: 225,857.

Our newest member BadHabit2