BSTP LLSS rules clarification December 08, 2016 02:34AM
I've been asked to offer some clarity on the rules adopted by the LLSS class concerning the alcohol tractors. David Runkle has been doing an outstanding job of communicating the new rules but I was asked to offer some additional clarity.

First off, the LLSS weight has not changed. Diesels are still 6,500 lbs. Our diesel turbo rules have not changed, we still are not allowed slots. We added the option to decube down to either 410 or 315 cubic inches (depending on your turbo setup) and we voted against air bag front axles. All other rules have not changed. 470 cubic inch tractors are not approved to pull with BSTP LLSS.

Regarding alcohol tractors the rules are as follows...

6,250 lbs
370 cubic inches with no intercooler
3x4 turbo no slots, single turbo only
30.5 tires
no electric performance enhancing components. Datalog or similar recording device are the only electronics allowed on a tractor.

OEM conformity is already addressed in the PPL rule book. If you have a question the first test that needs to be passed is whether or not there is an OEM paper trail pointing back to the engine in question being used with the housings in question. The next criteria is whether or not the engine "Bolts up" to the housings. Dirk Drury and the board of directors have the final say in approving or denying an OEM replacement question.

DO NOT BUILD OR SHOW UP TO A PULL ASSUMING YOUR FRANKENSTEIN CREATION IS LEGAL TO PULL. Any questions need to be presented to the board of directors for approval. The board of directors are here to encourage you to pull with our club but to do it within the rules that the members have approved.

I've got a lot of work to do between now and December 25th to make sure my 6 year old daughter has a Merry Christmas so I won't be checking back to respond to this thread. Any serious questions can be directed to me at 309-208-0117 or make the drive to Poplar Grove, IL and I'll buy lunch.

Re: BSTP LLSS rules clarification December 08, 2016 02:57AM
I don't have any questions, but I do like a free lunch!!

Re: BSTP LLSS rules clarification December 10, 2016 11:41PM
David are you going to allow 30.5 tire on diesel tractor. Thanks

Re: BSTP LLSS rules clarification December 11, 2016 01:19AM
24.5s on the diesels

Re: BSTP LLSS rules clarification December 11, 2016 02:34AM
Thanks I guess I can't come and play with you. Have a merry christmas

Re: BSTP LLSS rules clarification December 11, 2016 05:14AM
Talked to Ed , and said the board said to keep it simple and let everyone be able to run 30.5 if they wanted. I didn't know of this change.

Re: BSTP LLSS rules clarification December 11, 2016 09:29AM
Thanks for the update David. If I get my motor together I will try to make some of your pull that are close to MN

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,608, Posts: 229,663, Members: 3,324.
This forum: Topics: 37,062, Posts: 225,887.

Our newest member JD_8520