Indoor Pulling Question for Doug Roberts December 12, 2016 02:35PM
hey doug since kc indoor pull is a no go what are your thoughts on an indoor pull at a different place us iowa folk were thinking that the place in lincoln where nebraska bush pullers have there pull in march would be a good spot have you given any thought to a new venue just curious thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2016 03:20PM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Indoor Pulling Question for Doug Roberts December 12, 2016 03:22PM
Chris,

I split this into it's own topic since it didn't relate to the component tractor discussion. Hopefully Doug will provide some insight on other possible venues.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Indoor Pulling Question for Doug Roberts December 13, 2016 01:32AM
I would say that would be a terrible idea. Multiple pulls in the same location makes for empty pockets for the person or persons putting the pull on. Especially in an indoor venue I would think, That's why they don't have a rodeo or bull riding there every weekend.

Just my 2 cents

Re: Indoor Pulling Question for Doug Roberts December 13, 2016 02:35AM
Hey Chris, thanks for the question. Right now no plans to do a indoor event during the winter. The people that do the Nebraska event have been down to our event in Kemper Arena and we have talked about doing that event together a couple of years ago. At that time one was enough. The American Royal is in the process of getting a new arena built in Kansas City, KS beside the Kansas Speedway. They are also looking at other buildings along side the new arena and if the Western Farm Show moves over there then I would consider starting up the Western Farm Show Championship Pull again. Right now there is a waiting list for booths at the Western Farm Show as they are out of room. So a newer and bigger facility might make them move to a new location. I have been in meeting with the American Royal and the new arena would be better for pulling with a longer track. It will hold about 6000 people. Last year we had our biggest crowd of 11,000 people total for the 2 day event, so it would work good for us. I would say we are at least 2 to 3 years out for this to happen. In the mean time I am wanting to slow down some, an this would be the only place I would do another indoor event. Lots of work to do these indoor events. Thanks, Doug

Re: Indoor Pulling Question for Doug Roberts January 16, 2017 12:11AM
I always thought it would make sense to do something at the Mid-America Center in Council Bluffs. Do it around the time they are already bringing in the dirt for the monster trucks show they do every year.

Re: Indoor Pulling Question for Doug Roberts January 16, 2017 01:54AM
Usually, the monster truck contract specifies no Motorsports events held in the same venu for either 60 or 90 days before AND after their event.
This is for indoor events only.

Re: Indoor Pulling Question for Doug Roberts January 16, 2017 08:37AM
Interesting. I didn't know that. Makes sense.

I was just thinking about all of the work it takes to bring in all of that dirt. Too bad it couldn't be used for a 2nd event.

Re: Indoor Pulling Question for Doug Roberts January 17, 2017 04:58PM
How about the River Spirit Expo Center in Tulsa, Oklahoma?
Chili Bowl is there.
Looks like they pit indoors as well. They have semi haulers for those midgets, and there were a LOT of haulers there.
Could get "Smoke" to build the track! He did, and was maintaining the track all during the chili bowl.

Re: Indoor Pulling Question for Doug Roberts December 13, 2016 04:03AM
About Sioux city Tyson event center.

Re: Indoor Pulling Question for Doug Roberts December 13, 2016 10:44AM
jake thank you for putting mine on a different thread wasnt trying to start anything and thank you doug for the response and bert i go to the indoor football and the hockey games at the tyson all the time i live 30 minutes away and that set up will not work for a tractor pull

Re: Indoor Pulling Question for Doug Roberts December 15, 2016 04:35AM
Has anyone Looked into Fonner Park In Grand Island for a Winter Event. The New Buildings there at the New State Fair Park would easily hold a indoor Truck and Tractor pull.

Re: Indoor Pulling Question for Doug Roberts December 16, 2016 02:24AM
I think they should have an indoor pull back at Fort Wayne In., in the same place ATPA used to have a pull. That was the best indoor track I have ever seen and have been to them all. The other plus was it was a full 300' track.

Re: Indoor Pulling Question for Doug Roberts January 26, 2017 09:07AM
What about the Mid America Center in CB?

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,576, Posts: 229,605, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,058, Posts: 225,857.

Our newest member BadHabit2