farmboys fantasy February 21, 2017 11:37AM
was anyone hurt when the spark plug landed in the upper deck?

Re: farmboys fantasy February 22, 2017 12:30PM
But I hope next time he puts more fuel on it! Just remember lean is mean until it goes bang!

Re: farmboys fantasy February 24, 2017 01:58AM
Did the spark plug really go into the stands?

Re: farmboys fantasy February 24, 2017 02:59AM
Unfortunately, yes it made it to the upper deck. It landed in Section 340, Row S. Thankfully it hit an empty seat. It's definitely something that needs to be looked it for both indoor pulling as well as outdoor pulling. Every once in awhile we have these wakeup calls, thankfully this was one where nobody was injured.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: farmboys fantasy February 24, 2017 04:05AM
All alkies are supposed to have spark plug shields already. Maybe time to re-evaluate the specs of it!

Re: farmboys fantasy February 24, 2017 06:41AM
That's not the first time he sent one into the crowd. Same thing happened a few years back in Keystone

Re: farmboys fantasy February 25, 2017 01:18AM
What is the current rule for the inner shield, up to crank centerline?

Just my opinion (for what its worth from a fan and keyboard puller!!! lol), change the rule height to the top of the valve cover. Most modern hoods are fiberglass anyways, that isn't going to stop a projectile as shown in this case.

Kevlar blanket around the engine???

Re: farmboys fantasy February 25, 2017 01:42PM
there is already a rule for shielding of spark plugs been in place for years, it probably needs adapting in light of this past wkend but how many plugs has anyone seen flying out of tractors.

Re: farmboys fantasy February 25, 2017 04:33PM
Isn't there a rule about plastic or fiberglass hoods have to have an inner shield in place already? Just curious, maybe needs to be inforced.

Re: farmboys fantasy February 26, 2017 02:36AM
I have seen more spark plugs ejected from supercharged motors than turbocharged motors. JW

Re: farmboys fantasy February 28, 2017 04:15AM
SO if there is a rule regarding shielding the plugs, did the plug go around the shield? Or through it? Clearly there was at least two failures (the engine and shield) to cause this!

Re: farmboys fantasy February 28, 2017 09:43AM
If you watch the video frame by frame, you can see a hole develop above the outer shields in the hood. My guess is that it went above the inner shield, missing it, and thru the hood.

Re: farmboys fantasy February 28, 2017 11:41AM
PPL does not require a sparkplug shield. Farmboy blew one out at Harrisburg a few years ago that went in to the stands also.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,578, Posts: 229,609, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,058, Posts: 225,859.

Our newest member BadHabit2