Open/Unlimited Supers: NTPA and PPL Schedules February 22, 2017 01:55PM
The schedules for this class (mostly) line up. The only points conflict is Hamburg and Bowling Green. While it would be possible to hook at Hamburg Thursday, come to BG Friday afternoon, go to Hamburg Friday night, and back to BG Saturday afternoon, realistically that isn't going to happen. I know Chizek did both events in the LSS class a year ago, but that only involved 1 trip, not two. (He left BG after Friday afternoon, was in Hamburg Friday night and Saturday, and back to BG for Sunday afternoon).

However, if a guy wanted to run both series, it would be possible to A) Go to Hamburg Thursday then BG for the Fri and Sat hooks, or 2) Go to Hamburg for Thurs and Fri, then to BG for the Sat hook. The only other conflict is Wheatland and the Enderle, a non points event, though very good payday. Even if the drivers in the class don't feel like committing to the full schedule for both, which is very understandable, I do hope this year we will see more intermingling. If the PPL guys are not broke after the 2 Hamburg hooks, we may well see some of them make the 2nd BG Open SS hook.

Numbers were not great for either series, and it would be great if guys that run primarily in one series could support the other if schedules (and luck with keeping the tractors together) permit. The chronological combined NTPA and PPL Open SS/Unlimited SS schedules:

June 2-3 Benson, NC (NTPA)

Jun 16 - 17 Ansonia, OH (PPL)

June 22-25 Tomah, WI (NTPA)

Jul 6 - 7 Freeport, IL (PPL)

Jul 15 Henry, IL (PPL)

Jul 27 Goshen, IN (PPL)

Jul 28 Evansville, IN (PPL)

August 3 Monroe, MI (NTPA)

August 5 Salem, IL (NTPA)

Aug 11 - 12 Hillsboro, WI (PPL)

Aug 17 - 18 Hamburg, NY (PPL)

August 17-19 Bowling Green, OH (NTPA)

August 22-23 Greenville, OH (NTPA)

August 25 Wellington, OH (NTPA)

Sep 9 Waynesburg, PA (PPL)

September 16 Enderle (NTPA)

Sep 16 Wheatland, MO (PPL)

Re: Open/Unlimited Supers: NTPA and PPL Schedules February 26, 2017 05:56AM
Looking at the schedules I'm sure it "could" be done but I don't think it is very likely. That would be a lot of hooks and could get quite expensive to keep a tractor going all season for both as well.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,598, Posts: 229,641, Members: 3,322.
This forum: Topics: 37,060, Posts: 225,873.

Our newest member JD_8520