What was pulling like in the Silverdome? February 24, 2017 09:54AM
I was too young to independently travel there when they ran the pulls. Is it correct they pulled there during the 70s and 80s? If anyone on here ever attended a Silver Dome pull, were they good events? How large was attendance? Did they only run mods and FWD, or were there Super Stocks too?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2017 09:55AM by The Original Michael.

Re: What was pulling like in the Silverdome? February 25, 2017 10:18AM
they had minis there at least 3 times, I remember seeing Keith Warden, Coopashaw, Saint n Sinner, Rick Peters, Max Smith, Denny Horst,many others. Was very loud.

Re: What was pulling like in the Silverdome? February 25, 2017 12:07PM
I was there an pulled with Hirts, Lustic , an two others, don't remember who they were but it was dam cold!!!!and don't remember what year either, I do remember I had the 7910, and it was for TNT

Re: What was pulling like in the Silverdome? February 25, 2017 12:57PM
I was there 2 or 3 times. Yes, SS, Mod, Mini, FWD, don't remeber about TWD but I think so. Need to go dig into my old photo archives.

Big stadium produced big crowds that wowed the spectators, many seeing pulling for first time & then could not wait for a year. Was usually interesting to see that unique light duty roof supported by internal air pressure shake with the exhaust of the big Mods.

Definitely an interesting indoor pull promoted and produced by, if I remember correctly, Dean Eisman.

Re: What was pulling like in the Silverdome? February 26, 2017 02:45PM
I have an article from the early 80s that said there was a crowd of over 80,000 at the Pontiac Silverdome. With a $25,000 first place purse . I also went in the mid to late nineties to a monster truck show there just to see a class of super stocks run and I remember seeing Hirt,Hootman,Lustic and maybe Kwiatkowski or Blackbourn at least six tractors.

Re: What was pulling like in the Silverdome? February 27, 2017 12:24AM
just googled some picts of the silverdome. wow its a reck now! how many tracks did they run? did you pit in the infield or where there pits in the building somewhere else?

Re: What was pulling like in the Silverdome? February 27, 2017 02:00AM
I went to an SRO show in 1992 or 1993. They ran 3 classes- 4wd, 2wd and Mod on 3 tracks. About 12 of each. It was very entertaining and fast paced. All the pullers were parked along the sidelines. They were moved out of the building when the monster trucks ran.

Dan Mayer

www.pulling-reference.com
Dedicated to Preserving the History of Tractor & Truck Pulling

Re: What was pulling like in the Silverdome? February 27, 2017 06:26AM
I pulled with SRO/Pace at the Silverdome in 1995. They also did Bowling Green, OH that year along with the Astrodome. We had the SRO/Pace banquet at the Astrodome that year after the pull the next day. I remember the Hirt's and Lustik's at the Silverdome when I pulled along with some others. Julie Hirt gave me a picture from there that I still have on my wall in office. That was the only year I went. SRO/Pace bought out TNT in 1990. Thanks, Doug

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2017 11:41AM by Doug Roberts.

Re: What was pulling like in the Silverdome? February 27, 2017 11:37AM
form a fans point of view it was awesome

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,580, Posts: 229,613, Members: 3,320.
This forum: Topics: 37,058, Posts: 225,861.

Our newest member Fechtner Racing