Any Furtire to Light Hot Farm in ohio March 14, 2017 12:54PM
Looking for Light Hot Farm class in Ohio. American Farm Puller has the class is there any future tractors being built for? Is there any future to this class in Ohio? Looks like it has really took off in KY with KTPA. THANKS

Re: Any Furtire to Light Hot Farm in ohio March 14, 2017 01:04PM
Could you please post link to the rules?

Re: Any Furture to Light Hot Farm in ohio March 14, 2017 02:06PM
Here are the dates and schedule for the 2017 KY LT Hot Farm Tractors, Looks like the KY tractors could add 500lb and run with the OH tractors

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2017 02:17PM by Richard Taylor.

Re: Any Future to Light Hot Farm in Ohio March 15, 2017 02:22AM
Will be interesting from the outside looking in to see how the three different types of tractors compete against each other this summer in AFPA. It has been my experience that the V8s will win 90% of the time against the COTPA NA SS and I would guess it will depend on the track as to how the LT Hot Farm will fit into the mix...???? I am hoping for the best because this combo would fit well at some fairs, etc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2017 02:23AM by MH49.

Re: Any Future to Light Hot Farm in Ohio March 15, 2017 02:45AM
The results at gordyville were close between the light hot farms and the v8's. We are just trying to get things started for all of us can pull closer to home and have good enough numbers to put on a show. We are all willing to change things to keep this going in the right direction.

Re: Any Future to Light Hot Farm in Ohio March 15, 2017 05:20AM
Jvanhorn the fairs that will fun the mix class with AFP are your planning on bringing the V8's. Planning on LHF build for this class wanting to see what the turn out for this class will be.

Re: Any Future to Light Hot Farm in Ohio March 15, 2017 05:24AM
Yes we are, I attended a American farm pullers meeting and have been in contact with them regarding scheduling. You can call me at 7406071074. I know we will have a combination class at Morgan county Fair in September.

Re: Any Future to Light Hot Farm in Ohio March 15, 2017 05:28AM
I wish u guys were a little further north in ohio I would make my tractor a LHF for sure.

Re: Any Future to Light Hot Farm in Ohio March 15, 2017 12:47PM
I hope your Light Hot Farm class goes over well, but you are fighting with 2 other classes, the Limited Light Super and the Classic Superstock. I believe that's reason the LLS hasn't taken off like it has in other areas, cause the Classic Superstock class is so strong. There are 3 groups running the CSS in PA, WV and Ohio.

My opinion, we need a Hot Farm class like the PPL Hot Farm class in Ohio. Again its just my opinion...

Re: Any Future to Light Hot Farm in Ohio March 17, 2017 08:09AM
I think there is a place in Ohio for Lt Hot Farm. You have to remember that Lt Hot Farm was started as a next level class for the antique guys that wanted something a little hotter. There is a huge leap between antiques and Classic Super and even more between that and LLSS. And with the turbo war going on, I think Classic Super has moved beyond what an average working Joe can build and be competitive. A box turbo 2-3 years ago would have been a good move to keep the class growing. Are there big dollar Lt Hot Farms? You bet. Can Fred in the Shed be competitive on a budget? With a box turbo and RPM limit, I would think so.

Re: Any Future to Light Hot Farm in Ohio March 17, 2017 02:35PM
Theres starting to be some expencive turbos and high dollar tractors in the llss class here in ky and the numbers are starting to decline and ive heard of several talking about switching to the light hot farm

Re: Any Future to Light Hot Farm in Ohio March 17, 2017 05:17PM
Yeah and everybody just skips the next step which is NA Super stock because lord knows your not really a tractor puller unless u can blow smoke.

Re: Any Future to Light Hot Farm in Ohio March 15, 2017 01:10PM
It is in WNY Propulling Series now just at 7000 lbs so tractors don't have to strip to get there for now maybe lower in future .

Re: Any Future to Light Hot Farm in Ohio March 16, 2017 01:44AM
The light hot farm class will b great with limited rpms and having to get the the small charger from the association. Only thing I wish was no cut tires. Just stick to the turbo rules and rpm rules or u will wind up just like the CSS tractors.they might as well b a limited pro. There paying around 5000 dollars just for a charger now. It was supposed to b kind of an entry level class when it first started.just my opinion.

Re: Any Future to Light Hot Farm in Ohio March 16, 2017 05:58AM
Don't worry money will be spent, there will one who spends the money an then the race is on! It happens in every class... It's the cost of winning!

Re: Any Future to Light Hot Farm in Ohio March 16, 2017 07:02AM
I think the class will bust wide open here in Kentucky, but there is no denying it needs some color. I'm hearing of some different color coming in and hopefully see some of it very soon.

The tire rule is perfect as it is, because 1) Good uncut tires are hard to find and 2) No one wants to police tires that may be "altered." Making radials legal, as they with the KY class, frees up pressure on the bias tire market too.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: Any Future to Light Hot Farm in Ohio March 16, 2017 09:31AM
Agree with you Brian , we (wnypropullingseries) are switching to a close version of your rules . Do have some concerns if smaller cubes are going to be able to keep up ? Even trying a v8 with them . Were starting a little heavier for now to make it easier to get these tractors going . Do believe with these rules could be significant growth.

Re: Any Future to Light Hot Farm in Ohio March 18, 2017 01:40AM
We run very similar rules to this in an 8700lb clas in northwest ohio tri state region if anyone is interested in our area. message me for schedule I have attached the rules.
Attachments:
open | download - tristatehotfarmrules2016.docx (17.6 KB)

Re: Any Furtire to Light Hot Farm in ohio March 16, 2017 11:25AM
Ah yes just what we need, another class, and another class that outlaw's anything but diesels. I love how they talk about combining with automotive V-8's on alcohol, but if your tractor came in gas or LP, nope sorry can't pull. How many smoke blowing classes do we need? Can't you build for one of the other 58 diesel classes? And why do we make more classes? Because everyone is chasing after the ever elusive "budget" or "economy" class where they can spend like 200 bucks and win. If we can just make a class for everyone, then maybe everyone can be their own big fish in their own pond. I got an idea for a budget class, how about 20 people get together and split the cost of building a tractor, then at the pulls we can just back the same tractor up to the sled and pull the same tractor 20 times. Then everyone gets to drive!!! Yay!!!

Re: Any Furtire to Light Hot Farm in ohio March 16, 2017 12:33PM
Someone didn't get their participation ribbon or metal....lol

Re: Any Furtire to Light Hot Farm in ohio March 16, 2017 01:24PM
NO the reason theres so many class is because nobody can leave the rules alone and nobodies smart enough to se into the future we have still got the same classes weve had for 30 years Oss is the old SS Limeted pro is the old PS LLSS is the old LSS and so forth We have classes for everyone its going to get to the point were a new name for a class will be hard to come up with' Ohio moonshiner said it right the money will come and whose fault is that its the pullers in the class for not having stiffer more thought about rules

Re: Any Future to Light Hot Farm in ohio March 20, 2017 12:31AM
Actually I agree with you that Lt Hot Farm should have a spark plug option, especially if you go with the premise that it was started as a step up from Antique classes. I bet there are lots of antique guys that would have interest in this class but are not comfortable with Diesel. And for sure, everybody is looking for a budget class. However we all know that in any motorsport there is going to be somebody willing to spend lots of bank no matter what class it is. The key is to have rules that will allow the guy with brains, skills and time to be competitive with the guy with deep pockets.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2017 12:32AM by MH49.

Re: Any Future to Light Hot Farm in ohio March 20, 2017 12:51PM
[www.americanfarmpullers.com]
Here is a link to the rules for the light "mix" class. In order to help grow this class we have worked with Josh Vanhorn and a few other to come up with what we could to blend the light hot farm, COTPA v8 and super naturals. We feel that the weight handicaps should allow all groups to be competitive and make for an exciting class to spectate.

Thanks, James Vannest
AFPA Pres.

Re: Any Future to Light Hot Farm in ohio March 20, 2017 01:24PM
We have been doing the same thing in usa pullers in tenn/ken/ar/mo for about 4 yrs...Usapullers.org

Re: Any Furtire to Light Hot Farm in ohio March 20, 2017 03:36PM
The biggest reason we are having all the different tractors in the class is to allow the class to have numbers and grow. I am sure we will have some growing pains to go through with getting weights or other handicaps to even the class out. This is a great way for the antique guys to move up a class. We are hopeful that we can pull guys in from other organizations on an off day and allow them to pull with us and possibly make a more consistant run with our club. James, myself, and the other board members are committed to growing our small club and hopefully in the end improving things for our members. The better the show we can bring, hopefully we are able to gain more fairs or other venues to pull and ultimately grow purse payouts.

Also a huge thank you to Josh Vanhorn and others for the help and bringing the tractors and ideas to add into this class.

Zach Peters
Co-Vice President AFPA

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,561, Posts: 229,570, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,055, Posts: 225,834.

Our newest member BadHabit2